General Category > Say Hello!

Sign-In Book

<< < (3/4) > >>

"Alvin":

--- Quote from: DaveTheTrainer on August 13, 2020, 14:03 ---I do long for the simpler times, like when "hi r u 12?" was a meme or everyone was suddenly called "Vanguard". I'd even take that time when Joeno made the site look like unicorn vomit for April fool's. World needs to chill out.

--- End quote ---

One day in middle school, at age 12, I convinced my non-Pokemon-playing friend to make an account here and I watched him make that "r u 12 O0 " (there was an afro in the body of the OP) post with my own eyes. I told him it was a dumb post but he did it anyway, and every time I see posts talking about old times, someone mentions that thread. So I guess it's a good thing I didn't stop him. Wish I could tell him he's a legend here but no one has heard from him in over a decade, most of us believe he's in jail so I hope he's okay. I had nowhere to share this little-known lore so here you go.

Anyway, I do really miss gaming forums. I have a Facebook but I don't really like that Facebook and Twitter have kind of replaced message boards. The anonymity and being able to decorate your profile with avatars and sigs and things like that really made these something special. I'm a part of the discord but a lot of the people I ran with on this site have disappeared or aren't on there.

Man, the IRC was tons of fun, and I loved reading discussions about Pokemon news on here. Team building was really fun too and I liked looking at people's Sprite Art even though I never got too into it myself.

You can still go on the wayback machine and see how active this forum was (50+ users online at once sometimes) and it's neat going through the usernames and being like "oh, I forgot about her!" Give it a go.

sylar:
i check in from time to time, both discord and site. but sometimes i dont really say much. i just lurk.

if you wanna chat it up, ʀᴜᴅʏ#6165 is my user and im online basically all the time except when im asleep lol.

as for beef, yeah, same here. its squashed flat. im 26 and dont care enough about old internet drama. we good. probably. unless... ?

sans the skeleton:
im still here. :)

just a very periodic lurker.

Despo:
Hello,

My name is Despo, it has become my alias since a year or two and I use it for all my playthroughs of the Pokémon games. I have always been a fan of the series, even in the times we all said Pokémon was for little children.

I always consulted this website when I didn't know what to name my Pokémon. I always wanted my names to be "cool", English names, because the games were also in English and it would've looked stupid if I named them in my native tongue. So we had names like "Fang" and "Draco", quite original and descriptive if you ask me.

I recently started to Nuzlocke a bunch of old games on emulators so if you have/want any tips for a Nuzlocke, hit me up! Also, if you just wanna chat about Pokémon feel free to PM me...

Signing out,
Despo

Pokesilver22:
Hi! I’m new here, but I have played Pokémon since I was in second grade. I have a question: what is the best team to use in Pokémon Silver?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version