Author Topic: The New Johto Journeys! [P][AD][C][Pw]  (Read 17267 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFch6XO5I_c
    • View Profile
The New Johto Journeys! [P][AD][C][Pw]
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:29 »
New Johto Journeys
Note
This series is based off of the "Pokemon Adventures" Manga series, and not anything from the TV show or the Videogames

The Story:
   Shortly after the Masked Man's defeat, a new trainer, Steel sets out on his journey through the Johto region with Kapp (Psyduck) and Spyke (Togepi). The region as a whole has been just started settling down from the first revival of Team Rocket. People are distressed by the events in the Hoenn region that're causing the sea levels to rise quickly, and earthquakes to shake the southwestern border of Johto. Steel's goal is to take on all of the Johto gyms and defeat the Pokemon League before the year's end.

Setting:
The story takes place in the Johto Region, starting in Goldenrod City. It takes place during the Ruby and Sapphire chapter of Pokemon Adventures, after the events of the Crystal Chapter. Your characters will follow Steel, a lanky 13 year old just starting his journey through the world of Pokemon. They will encounter old members of Team Rocket that refuse to give up on their antiquated goals, and they may encounter other dangers in their travels.
( If this goes well, there's a possibility that they'll travel to the Kanto region during the Fire Red/Leaf Green chapter, and Hoenn during the Emerald Chapter )

Steel

Name: Steel
   Personality: Quirky, but Determined in battle
   Appearance: A lanky dark haired boy with Gray eyes. He wears a red jacket over a black Tee shirt and blue jeans.
   Other: Steel has the ability to Bend luck in his favor.
   Equipment:
    Team:
    • Golduck - Male - Rash - Kapp'tain
    • Togepi - Male - ??? - Spyke
    • Munchlax - Male - ??? - Munch
    • Ampharos - Female - ??? - Amps
    • (Pokemon) - (Gender) - (Nature) - (Note)

Hooks:
    • Contestant
    • Gym Battler
    • Exploring Johto
    • Traveling Breeder
    • Traveling Trainer
    • Fame/Stardom

Sign-Up:
       APPLICATIONS ARE NOW RE-OPENED
       if you wish to sign up, copy everything in the box below and paste it into a post on this thread. Replace the parenthesis, "(...)", with your character's information.
    [/list]
    Code: [Select]
    [color=purple]
       [b]Name:[/b][i] (Name)[/i]
       [b]Age:[/b][i] (Age)[/i]
       [b]Gender:[/b][i] (Gender)[/i]
       [b]Personality:[/b][i] (Personality)[/i]
       [b]Appearance:[/b][i] (Appearance)[/i]
       [b]Other:[/b][i] (Other Information)[/i]
       [b]Equipment:[/b][i] (Equipment)[/i]
       [b]Team:[/b]
    [list]
    [li][color=purple](Pokemon) - (Gender) - (Nature) - (Note)[/color][/li]
    [/list]

Rules:
    Your characters may not be too powerful, and their teams should start with a maximum of three pokemon below level 20. I (GM) will decide upon events such as evolution, success in battle, capturing, and other things. Posts should be limited to your responses and your actions, not how others will react to your actions. Newly caught pokemon should have limitations, and pokemon that are high in level will not obey commands. Your character's actions and the actions of your pokemon are seperate, and the actions of pokemon should be decided by the GM, their nature, and maybe the convenient roll of a D20.

Notes:
       All characters can have a Pokegear, but Pokedexes have to be earned through Roleplaying as they are rare and only given out by Pokemon Professors. Comic Relief may be involved. If you have read Pokemon Adventures, you would know that characters can have special abilities. Psychic Pokemon trainers could have some limited telekinesis and telepathy. Some could have Healing abilities like Yellow from the Pokemon Adventures series. Please do not go overboard with the powers, as it is not the main theme of this thread. Your Pokemon team should not be overpowered and it definately should not include any legendary Pokemon.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 21:34 by Steel Winters »

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
    • Joeno Fan
    • super meme trash
      • View Profile
      • Subeta
    (( I've never read the series, though I'm planning to sign up if that's alright. Mind if I reserve a spot? I'm currently in a lesson at school. so hardcore ))

(( Work in progress! ))

Name: Victoria "Vercha" Scrivenor
       Personality:

Appearance: When she's not in costume, Vercha looks rather ordinary. She stands at a rather unimpressive 5'1" in height, with a natural hair color of a mousy brown. Her skin is quite pale and is decorated with freckles over a good deal of her body. Vercha often wears darker clothing, although she favors practical clothing outside of contests.
       Other: Her original 'starter' pokemon, Quilava, wasn't actually her pokemon. It was loaned to her by her brother so she could obtain her own Pokemon in the Violet tower. Her nickname "Vercha" came from someone who kept mispronouncing her name. No, she doesn't know why either. She is primarily a travelling trainer who challenges gyms, although she hopes to begin contests with her pokemon once she's gone far enough. She has the unique ability to copy the traits of her own pokemon, but only very briefly - such as being able to phase through walls as her Ghastly can, teleport such as her abra, and, er... well, she hasn't really found out what she gets from Eevee. All the same, the abilities are used only very briefly as they are quite draining, and she's found that she can only do it with her own pokemon.
       Equipment: 5x Pokeballs
    1x Pokegear
    10x Potions
    5x Full Heals
    1x PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES

Team:
    • Grim - Gastly - Male - Impish - Vercha's oldest pokemon. Never really in his pokeball, so he's usually floating by Vercha's head. Obtained at the Violet Tower. Known moves - Hypnosis, Lick, Mean Look, Haze. Vercha pretty much knows Gastly inside out, with the exception of 'Haze'.
    • Aki - Abra - Male - Timid - Knows Ice Punch thanks to breeding. Given as an egg for her birthday. Rather timid around strangers outside of battle, although pretty calm inside of battle. Known moves - Ice Punch, Teleport. Almost ready to evolve.
    • Honey - Eevee - Female - Modest - Vercha is hoping she'll evolve into an Espeon or Vaporeon for contests. Possibly knows iron tail by a TM, though still needs practice to properly use it. Known moves - Tackle, Iron Tail. Vercha's most recently obtained pokemon, although this pokemon wasn't caught, either. Vercha had found Honey abandoned with her pokeball at a pokemon center, and had 'adopted' her henceforth.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 18:44 by Poison2007 »

ive created a monster
    official forum cryptid

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    ((The two above are accepted, if any others would like to join in just post OOCly and I'll try to fit you in at a later time))
    ((Everyone above has been Accepted. Applications are now closed. Except for Lulu and the one Lugia guy I PMed, you know who you are! You two can make characters.))
    (( Roleplaying begins now, any Out-Of-Character text should be enclosed in parenthesis "(...)" ))

Steel, a lanky, dark-haired boy in a red jacket runs out of the front door of a small Goldenrod City apartment building, a wide grin on his face. He passes by several shops and such before stopping by the front of the Goldenrod Gym, which is, according to the man out front, closed with Whitney training out on Route 35. Steel sighs in disdain and looks around at the crowd of disappointed faces around him.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:28 by Steel Winters »

Offline Skyler and Blazer

• BattleFranky 37
    • Joeno Fan
    • Swag
      • View Profile

Name: Skyler Rilke
       Personality: Skyler is a rather odd character. He is fond of eating, especially spicy foods, yet maintains his slim physique due to an overactive metabolism and his constant, sometimes annoying level of thinking. He likes to think a lot and read a lot, but his behavior wouldn't necessarily show this. He is hyperactive and forgets to think about how his actions will effect others around him. But he is a kindhearted boy, only becoming mean when he feels the need to defend himself, on a personal level, or to protect his friends. He cares very deeply for his Pokemon, especially his first, a Quilava named Blazer. He got Blazer as a Cyndaquil from his mom as a birthday gift so he could begin his journey. Due to his fondness of his Pokemon and his ease at communicating with them - a skill that he can't apply to relationships with people for some reason - he is an incredibly adept battler, having gotten his badges from Falkner and Bugsy in very short periods of time. While he likes to collect pokemon, and shows them all affection deserving of pets, he is somewhat choosy as to the pokemon he will let on his battling team. He seems to know which pokemon have the characteristics (such as nature, movesets, and IVs) that he needs based off of meeting them. And thus, when he does talk about pokemon, he can list wide ranges of information about them just from an inspection of their behavior.
       Appearance: Skyler is a very tall 14 year old, being around 5'8". He has rough, spiky black hair, and a slight tan due to his constant working outside. He is very lanky, although he prefers the term slender, as he is a healthy sort of lean. He wears a black jacket with a red shirt underneath, and white running shoes. He has a pokeball around his neck. Many suspect there is a pokemon inside of it, as he gets very scared when he loses it. He says that if it were to fall into the wrong hands, the unspeakable would occur. As such, he doesn't want anyone to touch it.He has learned a great deal about pokeballs so he could lock it, and only he can unlock it. He also has a long scar along his chest, as well as a smaller one on his left cheek. He hints that the pokeball that he keeps locked all the time might be related to it. He also has a greyish-blue backpack which he carries round various items such as potions, food, toys, and supplies for catching pokemon.
       Other: His special ability could thus be classified as something akin to N's, although he has yet meet N. A big difference in the two, however, this that Skyler can synch minds with his pokemon in battle, giving them commands very fluidly. Skyler is also vastly interested in using astronomy as a means of navigation as well as time telling. Skyler also is somewhat technologically savvy, as he knows the inner workings of a pokeball enough to have locked one. He seems to be able to learn vast, and has a very large store of knowledge, but he lacks in his ability to communicate with people properly.
       Equipment:
    1x Backpack
    10x Pokeballs
    6x Super Potions
    12x Potions
    6x Revives
    1x Pokegear

Team:
    • "Blazer" Quilava - Male - Rash - Blazer was Skyler's first Pokemon he befriended. Blazer and Skyler and Inseparable. They are the best of friends, having been through thick and thin making al the way from their little residence on the outskirts of New Bark Town, all the way to Goldenrod City. Blazer is one of Skyler's strongest pokemon - although the pool isn't too big considering he only has three pokemon upon reaching Goldenbark), know very powerful moves capable of felling some of the strongest opponents. He is level 20 upon reaching Goldenbark. 
    • "Brainiac" Slowpoke - Female - Calm - Brainiac was Skyler's second caught Pokemon, and his third overall. Skyler called her Brainiac because when Team Rocket took over Slowpoke Well, she was very crafty in helping him rid the well of their presence. She hid in a crevice, combining Yawn with the echoing nature of the well to cause most of the the poeple (and pokemon) to fall asleep. He caught her, and used her in his battles to get rid of anyone who hadn't fallen asleep. She his very sweet, showing great affection to Skyler, although she can be rather slow to react to some of his commands in battle. She is level 18 upon reaching Goldenrod.
    • "PKThunder", often shortened to PK, Pikachu - Male - Hasty - PKThunder was Skyler's second pokemon. However, he hatched from an egg as a Pichu. Skyler and Blazer were marching along their path when Skyler got a call from his mother. He said that Professor Elm, who had taught Skyler about Pokemon when Skyler was younger, decided to send a Aide of his to Cherrygrove with a Pokemon egg. This egg was an odd, orangish color but had the markings of a Pichu. When it hatched, shortly before arrival in Violet City, it turned out to be a shiny Pichu. PK is also very powerful, knowing Thunder Bolt, Nasty Plot, and Thunder Wave. However, PK appears not to think about every action he makes, and sometimes gets himself into jams that Skyler must save himself. Skyler attributes this to PK being a baby, being only 11 days old upon reaching Goldenrod. He is also level 19.
    • Skyler implies that he might have a fourth pokemon, but is much too afraid of it to use it.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
    • Rex Fan
    • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
      • View Profile
    If I can still join, here's my character.

Name: Sidney Watson
       Personality: Sidney is easygoing and naive. He hates Pokemon battles and only captures Pokemon if they are going to suffer in the wild places where they live. Something that really annoys him is being confused for a girl due to his appearance and the fact that he has a twin sister also called Sidney. Other than that Sidney is always cheerful ... And, hungry. Preferring to keep her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs so that they can always wander around him. His hobbies include weaving and cooking.
       Appearance: Sidney is very short with short ruffled black hair. His dark green eyes are always looking around unable to concentrate in almost any situation. He usually wears a thin t-shirt and jeans. He looks identical to his sister. To try to make himself more manly he wears big boots.
       Other: Would still be at home if it wasn't for his ability to sense a Pokemon's injury whatever and wherever it was and getting frustrated that he couldn't do anything about it. 
       Equipment: Pokeball x1
    Pokegear x1
    Potion x5
    Antidote x1
    Ice Heal x1

Team:
    • "Dart" - Dratini - Male - Gentle - His first Pokemon, a gift from his older brother has always been close to Sidney, usually attach to his body somewhere. Will always be asleep unless there is food nearby or Sidney is in danger. Lv - 8
    • "Pie" - Caterpie - Male - Hasty - Named due to the food that Sidney was eating at the time. Has since gotten better and stayed a loyal friend to Sidney, helping him practice his weaving. Lv - 5
    • "Silver" - Furret - Female - Bold - A light furred Furret came to Sidney with a broken paw. The paw is healing but she still limps so unlike Sidney's other Pokemon she stays in her Pokeball, but when she is let out she runs ahead of Sidney, but stays in sight.

I can tone things up or down if it is required.
    Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
    Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
    When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
    • Typhlosion Fan
    • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
      • View Profile
    Do participants need to have read the Adventures manga in its entirety, or do we just need to have basic knowledge of these events, i.e. plot summary/synopsis. =3
    RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
    MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
    RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
    Quote from: The Entertainer
    So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
    .......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    Do participants need to have read the Adventures manga in its entirety, or do we just need to have basic knowledge of these events, i.e. plot summary/synopsis. =3
    This question was already subtley addressed within the first application, but no, you do not have to read the Pokemon Adventures Manga. It's really long and I don't expect everyone to have read it.

• BattleFranky 37
    • Joeno Fan
    • Swag
      • View Profile
    Re: The New Johto Journeys! [P][AD][C][Pw]
    « Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 16:32 »
    (I've read Pokemon Adventures, and I absolutely love it. I actually based to conception of Skyler on it a few years back.)

Skyler sauntered off of Route 34 with Blazer and PK running along side him.
    "This is where the 3rd Gym is, boys! I think it's time for us to get another badge."
    Blazer pointed his nose up at Skyler and made an odd growling noise. Skyler picked him up and asked what the problem was.
    "Oh, I see. You think we need to train a bit more? Alright then. But first, let's head over to the Pokemon Center!" Skyler put Blazer back on the ground and began to run through the city. This place is HUGE! Skyler thought. Upon reaching the Pokemon Center, he, Blazer, and PK were winded. They rest up for a moment, and then make their way over to the Pokemon Center.

Skyler notices someone standing outside and begins to approach him. But instead of getting his attention, Skyler just stands over this person, who is much shorter than he is.

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 00:28 »
    (I'm going to assume that Skyler was referring to Steel)
    Turns around quickly, and, upon seeing Skyler, leaps backwards a few feet.
    "Hup!-- Ah, um!... Hello!"
     throws his hands about in strange and odd gestures.
    "Uh, right! Why're you standing?... Here?... I uh," Clears his throat, "The Gym's closed... I guess"
    brings his hand up to his forehead in a gesture that is called a 'Face-Palm'.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
    • Typhlosion Fan
    • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 22:04 »

Name: Jade Mason
       Personality: Jade is probably best defined by her stubbornness; she refuses to back down from a challenge, even when the odds are stacked against her and the challenge is undesirable.  She tries to present herself with an air of pride and confidence, though it could be easily mistaken for an arrogant manner.  Jade is always willing to try new things and longs for adventure, which is the very reason why she disliked her convenient lifestyle.  She is very passionate and caring towards Pokémon, almost to a fierce degree.  She hates staying in one place for too long and gets bored of things quickly.  Jade is well spoken and polite, and she makes noticeable effort to remain so even when her temper begins to flare.  She can be blunt with other people as well as inconsiderate, which in turn makes her look selfish.
       Appearance: Jade is of average height at around 5"1 and is fair-skinned, and her eyes are amber.  She has very light blond hair that reaches her waist when worn loose, though she prefers tying it into 3-sectioned pigtails.  Jade has a side sweeping fringe that often falls over her left eye, so she keeps it back with a blossom-shaped hairclip.  She wears a black turtleneck tank top, a navy and baby blue vest jacket (with a Poke-Ball image as part of the design), fallow-coloured shorts and hiking boots.  She wears a belt that has some pouches attached to it and lugs around a large khaki backpack.
       Other: Jade has an odd affinity for the paranormal, especially with ghost Pokémon.  She is much more sensitive to the presence of wandering spirits and can see/sense them much sooner than the average person, though this special ability does nothing to aid her in befriending ghost-types; if anything it makes her an easier target for mischief.  ((I recycled another character's ability, sorry XD))
       Equipment:
    PokeBall x5
    PokeGear x1
    Potion x3
    Antidote x2
    Full Heal x1
    Small Pearl x3

Team:
    • Meowth (Mimi) - Female - Lax - Level 18, Mimi is Jade's longest kept Pokémon, but she is not Jay's starter.  Mimi was kept as a pet during Jade's childhood, and is therefore domestic.  Mimi prefers the comfort of the indoors and to be solitary, and is very finicky about food.  She seems repelled by the idea of battling out of pure laziness, choosing to nap instead.  Mimi does not seem fond of remaining in her Poke'Ball due to her upbringing as a pet, but will not resist when outside conditions are not to her standards.  She is very insistent on either being carried or riding on Jade's shoulder, though will simply walk with enough persuasion.  She despises water.  She wears a white ribbon around her neck, tied into a bow at the back.
    • Misdreavus (Faye) - Female - Impish - Level 12, Faye was caught in the act of mischief by Jade shortly before the girl left home.  Faye loves to prank the living, particularly those less aware to her presence; however, it is Jade's stronger perception that piqued the ghost's interest.  Though she plays more pranks on her trainer (especially when unaware company is present), Faye intends no harm, and actually followed Jay for some time before she finally attempted a capture.  Faye seems to dislike being confined in her Poke'Ball, and often pops out of her own accord to the confusion of Jade.  She often resists being called back so she can keep 'playing' with Jade.  Outside of her Poke'Ball she tends to wander off to look for 'victims', but remains close enough to Jade.
    • Snivy (Sol) - Male - Timid - Level 8, Jade's 'official' starter Pokémon, obtained from the travelling trainer.  Sol is very cautious of strangers and shies away from battle, but does so with encouragement.  He stays close to Jade, seeing her as the only familiar face in this strange new land, and is rather frightened of Faye's tendency to sneak up on him.  He has no preference to being in his Poke'Ball or out of it.  Outside, he will either walk along with Jade or ride her shoulder.
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 23:18 by MissLuluZombie »
    RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
    MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
    RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
    Quote from: The Entertainer
    So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
    .......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43 »
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:09 by HorriblePokemonTrainer »

• BattleFranky 37
    • Joeno Fan
    • Swag
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 03:56 »
    Sklyer imitates the 'face palm' in a reluctant manner, making sure Steel can meet eyes with him. He looks away immediately and says "That's good, I guess. Now I have an excuse to go train more. Maybe catch a new Pokemon on this here Route 35."

He turns around and begins to walk towards the street. Suddenly, it dawns on him: this trainer wants to battle Whitney as well.

"Hey you - what's your name? - I want to battle you! And the winner will decide who it is that battles Whitney first!" Skyler shouted. He began to run towards Steel in a somewhat awkward manner, and then took one of his Pokeballs from his waist. This one was giving off some intense heat, Skyler noted.

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 04:25 »
    As soon as the word 'battle' was mentioned he shed his usual rambling persona and grinned widely once more.
    "Sounds good to me, let's get this going! Single battle, if either of our Pokemon are incapable of battling any further that would be a loss. League rules. Let's go! Kapp!"
    Spins a Lure Ball on the tip of his index finger, releasing it onto the floor to reveal a very excited Psyduck. Steel stretched out his arms, tucking the Lure Ball back into his jacket pocket.
    "Kapp's my very first pokemon, y'know. He may not look like much, but he's pretty tough."
    He kneeled down, placed a hand on Psyduck's head and looked up to Skyler.
    "The name's Steel, by the way."

• BattleFranky 37
    • Joeno Fan
    • Swag
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 04:40 »
    "Steel! That's a cool name, especially for the name of the next person I beat! My name's Skyler Rilke. And here is my friend Blazer!" Skyler says. He throws a Pokeball high in the air, and catches its white underside as Blazer comes out of his Blazer. He lets out a battle cry and turns around. He looks at Kapp and Steel and lets off a huge blaze from his back.
    "Looks like he's ready to rock! Let's go Blazer! Start this off with a Smokescreen!" Skyler closes his eyes and puts his fingers on his temples. He opens his eyes, and they begin to glow a slight reddish color as Blazer inhales, jumps, and lets a huge blast of smoke right in Kapp's face.

Offline Steel Winters

• Rob Fan
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 04:51 »
    Steel coughs once before coming to his senses, "Kapp, focus!" Steel does not say any more, it's almost as if his Pokemon already knows what to do. The Psyduck releases a powerful jet of water from it's mouth, and it proceeds to form a wide ring, flying into the smoke with the sound of rushing water. Steel laughed as the ring of water rushed through the screen of smoke.