Author Topic: PKMN.net Gym Challenge (Read before challenging gyms, please)  (Read 26612 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Okay, put y'all (just for you bread xD) down.

That's 6 so far, so if we keep going at this rate we should have plenty ^^
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
I know you're looking for leaders at the moment, but I'm certainly interested in challenging again (and this time i won't just focus on trying to beat Richard. ...i wanted the speed boost torchic.)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
I'll still take leader if you'll have me. If you are hesitant due to my lack of experience, that's what you think, and I plan on proving you wrong. So in other words, I want in.

I'd do a prize for a win, but I'd be giving out too many prizes, and I can't clone. xD
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
im really bad at ingame stuff, I dont play for the postgame really (which is why I play on ps)... I just replay the story over and over so I dont have any 6iv-ev trained-egg move-pokes sitting around, so id have to pass on rewards >_<

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
I know you're looking for leaders at the moment, but I'm certainly interested in challenging again (and this time i won't just focus on trying to beat Richard. ...i
wanted the speed boost torchic.)

That's fine, it's still interest and challengers are just as important as leaders if this things going to survive!

I'll still take leader if you'll have me. If you are hesitant due to my lack of experience, that's what you think, and I plan on proving you wrong. So in other words, I want in.

Awesome, I'll put you on the list

I'd do a prize for a win, but I'd be giving out too many prizes, and I can't clone. xD
im really bad at ingame stuff, I dont play for the postgame really (which is why I play on ps)... I just replay the story over and over so I dont have any 6iv-ev trained-egg move-pokes sitting around, so id have to pass on rewards >_<

The reward thing was intended to be given to those who finish all 8 gyms - although gyms can give out rewards, it wouldn't really be expected ^^
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Wolstenholme

Would there be a hierarchy in the gyms like in the games?

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
I suppose it's more like in Origins, where gym leaders are all actually as strong as each other and would battle you with a team scaled to your level. However, since you battle with level 50 pokémon, the leaders are all scaled to this same level. It'd be harder to scale the levels for both challengers and leaders I guess, unless you mean just in terms of ability.

I am again interested in leading with fire.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 15:13 by Awkward Squirtle »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Would there be a hierarchy in the gyms like in the games?

Yes and no. Squirtle explained it well, but I'll just add more clarity;

Gyms will be ranked based on W:L ratio, most likely, unless I think of a better way of doing it, and that, by it's nature, will tell you how 'difficult' a gym is and therefore gives you a kind of order. They won't actually be any harder, that is to say you'll all have a level playing field with your opponent, but it might be that say Dragon has more useful pokemon in that type than say Bug.

I suppose it's more like in Origins, where gym leaders are all actually as strong as each other and would battle you with a team scaled to your level. However, since you battle with level 50 pokémon, the leaders are all scaled to this same level. It'd be harder to scale the levels for both challengers and leaders I guess, unless you mean just in terms of ability.

I am again interested in leading with fire.

I'll add you to the list ^^
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
I'm just posting quickly in this thread to say I'm still interested in this =) I wouldn't mind being either a leader or a challenger (Although I'm not that great at monotype, it would be interesting to experiment and get better)

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Awesome - that brings the total up to eight I believe so if two more come by Sunday we'll go ahead (although something like 4+ more would be ideal)

Edit: Apparently I can't count - we already have ten so this will be going ahead! but I'd still appreciate it if people stated interest as it will help sort out the rules which still will not be up till Sunday because I've got exams this week so I won't be able to run it properly
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Woah woah woah when did this all go down? Of course I'm still interested as participating as leader!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Woah woah woah when did this all go down? Of course I'm still interested as participating as leader!

Just how there hasn't been any activity of note on it for aaaages, so I thought it best to try again, probably keeping most gym leaders the same (apart from if any don't want to).

I'll add you on the list ^^

Edit: I haven't forgotten about this (well I had, until I remembered this morning) btw, just taking longer than expected to review the rules and Richard isn't online to work them out with xD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 22:30 by RubyRobin »
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝