Author Topic: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]  (Read 7929 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« on: February 19, 2015, 15:32 »
“Group One – That is First Class – Please report to the boarding deck.”

The airport was bustling as a large group prepared to board the plane. The airport became louder as groups as the excitement began to grow among the group travelers. Passengers finished licking the icing from the cinnamon rolls from off their fingers.

“Group Two – That is rows 23 to 18 – Please report to the boarding deck.”

The calling continued, with each traveler gaining their place in line, and moving through the boarding area, and taking their seats on the plane.

When everyone had loaded, the flight attendant began to instruct the passengers on safety. The plane remained silent, out of courtesy rather than attention.

“In case of an emergency landing, oxygen masks will be deployed from the above compartment,” the attendant said, putting a prop mask on her face. “In case of a water landing, your seat cushion may function as a flotation device...”

A short time after the presentation, the plane was off. The wheels spun on the runway, and as the nose began to lift into the air, the air seemed to become terse as the passengers were forced far back into their seats. Soon the view from the window reflected an ever-shrinking New York City, as the plane rapidly moved away from land, and over the ocean. In less than eight hours, the passengers were expected to touch down in London.

The first three hours of the flight were as normal. Tiny soda cans, and tinier containers of mixed nuts were given to the passengers, along with menus with overpriced airplane food. That's when things got hectic.

The plane began to shake in the air. Passengers began to shake in their seats, and someone's glass of cola spills in the aisle. There were utterances of annoyance. However, upon peering out the window, only darkness could be seen. A loud crack echoed through the plane. A fuzzed voice appeared on the intercom. “Hello, this is your captain speaking. Do not panic, we were only hit by stray electricity. However, we would like to ask all passengers to fasten their restraints and remain seated.”

Shortly after the message, another bolt must have hit the plane. This time, the lighting flickered, and a burning smell could be smelled throughout the entire plane. The pilot crackled back on the intercom: “Due to the conditions, we're going to have to make an emergency water landing. Oxygen masks have been deployed. In the meantime, I must ask all passengers to remain calm, but prepare for a sudden landing. Thank you.”

The plane was overtaken with panic as the travelers grabbed the masks that had fallen before them, and secured them to their faces. The plane was shaking, and it was easy to see that many people were on the verge of getting sick while the plane made its way quickly down. The panic was nearly silent, but easily percieved.

At this point, you blacked out.

Hello, welcome to the role play! Your character is a young traveler that was in a major plane wreck. All you can remember is what came before the crash, blacking out, and then waking up on a beach. You know very little about where you've ended up, but rest assured, you'll figure all that out with the correct probing. All I'm going to tell you for now, is there's creatures of legend here, and you're not exactly in the safest of places at the moment.

To avoid worrying your parents, you're probably gonna wanna find your way back. But, how are you ever gonna do that?

I'm going to tell the storyline, and play most of the NPCs, as well as control the environment and provide information. Like any role play, you of course have the option of doing almost anything you want within reason, but I will be answering most of your questions about the world and controlling things such as combat that can get messy without the inclusion of a third party. If you've played D&D, I'm pretty much your DM.

Game Guidelines:

1) Don't god mode. I will deliver some powerful retribution for it.
2) Don't control other people's characters. However, in the case of a “cause and effect” case, I personally reserve the right to use a very short moment of control with your character, like tripping them and stuff.
3) Try to keep active. If stuff comes up, shoot me a message. If I notice you haven't posted in a bit, I may send a reminder to prevent you from falling behind. If you want a recap at any time, send me a message.
4) Don't worry about creating long posts. You have full liberty to write as much as you want, but it's okay to write posts that are short, but sufficient in describing what you want to do.

Here's the form:
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] Give me a good mental image.
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Possessions:[/b] You may want to update this later when you acquire more stuff.
For now, whatever your character was carrying in their pockets.
Remember you were on a plane, so US TSA guidelines should be considered.
If you're unsure about an item, I'll let you know.
[b]Other:[/b]

Character List:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 21:57 by Kpyna »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 15:33 »
Reserving this post for major NPC information.

Offline Rooks

• Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 20:55 »
Where is the plane travelling to?

I'd like to join this!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 21:48 »
Oh, I must have forgot to state that. It was travelling from New York City to London.

Offline Rooks

• Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 22:25 »
Name: Diana Temple
Description: Diana is slight and flexible but has no muscle mass. She's of average height and dresses for comfort and practicality rather than for fashion, as such she was wearing sweat pants, trainers and a baggy shirt on the plane - coupled with a military style jacket with lots of pockets. Her face is even and rounded with brown eyes that match her shoulder length hair (tied back). Thin lips and a pointing nose complete her tanned appearance.
Personality: She thrives on ambition and it is higher in her priorities on her family and friends. Diana believes herself to be observant and though this is true, sometimes she misses things in plain sight. As a side-effect if her observance, she sometimes reads into actions and clues too far and this can lead to her getting things wrong (and when she was in school it often meant that she 'waffled' her essays). She's quite independent and this is sometimes perceived as arrogance or obnoxiousness.
History: Diana, a budding writer, was taking a gap year when she boarded the plane. From a small town family whom she got on with, she dreams of travel and adventure. From London, Diana was going to change planes and continue to Denmark where she would research and write a debut novel about tribal existence. Having previously studied Literature and History, Diana's grades weren't that great but the wealth of her family afforded her a good editor and funds to fuel her ambition.
Possessions: Mobile phone, memory fried; Notebook, pages tattered, ink run or missing; four hair grips and two bobbles; pen, ink empty; headphones, hopelessly tangled & water-logged; iPod, water damaged and screen smashed.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 15:22 »
Name:  Bryony Hume
Description:  Bryony is a petite girl of just under 5’0, though she has a sturdy build that gives the impression that she would not be at the top of the cheerleading pyramid. She has a heart shaped face and perky blue eyes, though her lips are constantly pursed. She has bubblegum pink hair (dyed, obviously) in a chin length bob.  Her bangs just about brush the top of where her eyebrows would be, if she hadn’t accidentally waxed them off when she was trying to neaten them. There is faint ginger stubble where they are beginning to grow back.  On the day of the crash, she was wearing a floral playsuit for comfort with Ugg Boots that didn’t quite match, but if one opened her checked luggage they would find an abundance of short skater dresses of various colours, qualified by more bikinis than you would think she’d need.
Personality:  Bryony is sensitive to the point of denial when she is probed about something that could earn the disapproval of her peers. If you asked her why she was wearing Ugg Boots with a playsuit, she’d say that she wasn’t concentrating on what she was putting on her feet rather than admit that she thought they might look good. Whilst proving her to be somewhat two-faced in social situations, it has led to her being a particularly good diplomat; she is able to divert conflict by offering alternate suggestions when she knows that the truth would offend the people in question. She values diplomacy more than she values truth in situations of conflict. She is not a fan of argument in the same way she is not a fan of punishment.
History:  Bryony lives with her own father and two younger brothers, Callum and Rory.  Her mother walked out when Rory – the youngest – was two and a half.  Bryony wasn’t too bothered when her mother left, given that the woman was out from 6 in the morning until 11 at night, and when she slept at work she could sometimes be gone for days.  However, as a successful doctor, she did not leave the family without sufficient money to supplement Bryony’s father’s income as a freelance journalist. She’s not hugely used to deep losses, though she did lose her rabbit when she was 11. She is quite popular at school, though she doesn’t have many close friends and is not hugely liked by teachers (it’s the lying).  When the plane crashed, she was travelling back to London after a week in New York.  When the plane crashed she was sitting next to Callum whilst her father was sitting next to Rory.
Possessions:  A stick of roll-on deodorant, a spare pair of earphones, a pack of soft gum (airport bought), a pink gel pen, a purple gel pen.
Other: Breeds, sells and keeps gerbils.

thanks gl <3

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 17:49 »
You two are good! If we can get a couple more then we can get going.

Offline Dorchadas

• *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 18:49 »
Name: Zane Thomas
Description: Zane is tall and lanky, with short green-tipped black hair. He has a variety of peircings all over his face and wears black eyeliner. His eyes are a piercing ice blue, and he has a lot of lean muscle despite his scrawny appearance. His current outfit is in possessions.
Personality: Zane is very cynical and shrewd, but tends to hang back and keep to himself. He does this not because he dislikes people or doesn't like interaction, but out of a genuine complete lack of interest. He has a knack for running into trouble, or failing that seeking it out.
History: Zane lives with his middle class mother and father. Or at least he used to. After repeated "Attention-seeking outbursts", including several fights (a few with hospital visits, none of them his), theft (Everything from tic-tacs to iphones), and destruction of property (Claimed by him to be "Uncommissioned murals"), he had been put on a plane to a London boarding school.
Possesions: One backpack containing: A skateboard, waterlogged and useless; a phone, similar condition; a boarding school uniform, similar condition; Passport, similar ondition; Waterproof headphones, usable but nothing to use them with. Also.a hidden bag snuck past security containing: One pocketknife, metal, skull design; one lighter, useless; a pack of cigarettes, useless.
Other:None
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 20:02 by Dorchadas »
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 21:34 »
*Nudges topic* Guys, there's plenty more room. T^T In fact we need more people, I think. Join! :P

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 21:47 »
Working on a character, sorry it's going so slow ^^;
I'll try and get it done by the end of the day.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 21:52 »
I'm looking for 4 or more, so since dragoncat will be done by tonight (or soonish, no rush), we can start the tentative start day for Friday - Saturday. If anyone else wants to put in a reserve, now's your chance, since joining will likely be closed for the extent of the RP.

In the meantime I'm going to get started on character stats. I'll share them with you guys over PM when I'm finished to make sure I have the correct idea of your character's abilities, but keep in mind you all are going to have the same stat totals, so you can't necessarily make changes to the total to make yourself overall better than others.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 02:36 »
Name: Sparrow Rye
Description: Sparrow is medium height with long-ish dark brown hair, just down past their shoulders. They mostly just wears tee-shirts and jeans for ease and comfort. They have a little muscle and are pretty flexible.
Personality: Sparrow is very upbeat and energetic. They are friendly and easy to get along with. There isn't really much that bothers them, they mostly just accept whatever happens and try to do what they can, if there is anything they can do. They hate drama and prefer to avoid it when possible and they don’t get involved in the drama of others. They are brutally honest and blunt, which often makes it look like they are unsympathetic. They are sympathetic; they just unintentionally don’t show it. When they do get angry, which isn't often, they are not above resorting to physical violence. They actually enjoy fighting in general, though they prefer to fight when they don't have to hold back. They are very creative and have a love of fantasy.
History: Sparrow grew up with two older brothers, one older sister, and one younger brother. Their family was very close knit, though they fought often and regularly sent each other to the hospital as a result. They never really held it against each other when someone was seriously injured, they really couldn't, it happened so often nobody knew who owed who for what anymore. Their parents were always out working overtime or working multiple jobs, so the children really raised each other. At school, Sparrow was pretty much average. They got along well with most of their peers but only had a few they considered friends. They never really felt right calling themselves any gender and started identifying as agender as soon as they learned there was a word for it, which was sometime in their early teens. Their friends and family were supportive of it. They were going to London to visit some relatives.
Possessions: A soggy, half-full pack of gum, a cellphone; water damaged and useless, earphones; now useless, some pocket change; three quarters and a dime
Other: None
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 21:37 »
((Dragoncat, you're in of course, and I suppose it's time to start.))

Ah, the salty smell of the ocean, and sand in your shirt! That's because you're lying in the sand at the moment. Maybe you're having a bit of amnesia – the last thing you can remember was napping on a plane, and hoping the stranger next to you wasn't gonna end up falling on you in their slumber. But then, why are you on a beach? It's never this empty on a beach near New York City, and if it was London... Well, the sun probably wouldn't be shining like that.

Oh, right, plane crash.

Well, I'd suggest that you get on your hands and feet, stand up, and take a look around. There are several other poor saps that are around, and a rocky cliff that leads into the forest that's over your head. To your right, sand. To your left, sand. Behind you, water. I guess you could ditch these strangers and run along the beach like a retiree, but maybe you guys should get to know each other. Or, maybe you could just climb up the rocks and then make your way up into the forest by yourself. Who am I to tell you what to do? I mean, the rocks look fairly stable and easy to climb on.

But, then again, do you really wanna find out what's in that forest? The sun is high at the moment, but it looks awful shady in there...

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 22:53 »
Zane gets up, looking around at all the other still knocked out forms. *Should I try and wake them? Probably not. It's not my priority, and there's most likely going to be a rescue team of some sort coming soon, so it's not worth the bother.* He pulls out a soggy pack of cigarettes and tosses it away, muttering a string of expletives. He looks around the beach for any plane wreckage or luggage that could be useful.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 23:03 »
Well, that's strange. There's absolutely no sight of the plane. Maybe it crashed in the ocean or something. Zane's got enough common sense to realize that if he woke up with dry enough clothes on a beach though, there would probably be some flotsam around if it crashed into the ocean.

Your cigarettes are now filled with sand, so count those useless unless you just so happen to have the magic ability to remove tiny grains of sand. The beach is still tranquil, with only a slight salty breeze rustling the leaves of the trees ahead.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 23:23 by Kpyna »