Author Topic: Curse of the Twisted Pharoah [J] [Pw] [Fu]  (Read 4085 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Curse of the Twisted Pharoah [J] [Pw] [Fu]
« on: August 15, 2015, 23:54 »
Okay, the RP board was looking a bit deprived and I’ve had this one stored in my notes for around 9 months now, may as well put it to use. Not yet sure if I’ll join, probably will but I’ll see how I do time wise, but I’m certainly okay managing entries etc. ^^ Was a tough choice between this or the more recent one on a similar curse possessing people, but this seemed like fun xD
_________________________________________________ _______________________________
As many of you know, America was always a nation that liked to think of itself as indestructible, particularly as the 2040s drew to a close. Perhaps it was this arrogance that lead to the unforgettable events of the 7th October 2053 or perhaps it was simply a statement made by the third world that they would be oppressed by the west no more. The political build up to those events was gargantuan, and for those of you who had not been following I shall briefly outline.

----------

In 2001, an event happened that shocked the world. Many of you will remember even now, 69 years later, the events of September 11th 2001. This event initially sparked a war between the US & Afghanistan, but frankly this war in itself was nothing on the long standing implications of the tension caused. The war on terrorism had created somewhat of a tension between the east and the west. Syria & North Korea became problematic in the years to follow, both of them being quashed by the west. The east became scared, and with the increased tension war was just waiting to break out.

China was torn between its loyalty to the east and its growing place on the world market, it's 2043 now and they're doing so much trade with America that they're the most powerful eastern force, but with every border threatening invasion they do something drastic. China shuts down trade with the west. Completely. America was enraged at this, but they now had to face the United Eastern Alliance.

The USA announced war on all that stood in the name of the UEA, but this alliance had a weapon far beyond what anyone could have imagined. Russia had all but been forgotten about, it had slowly sunk off America’s priorities as it ran short of oil and didn't seem to pose any real threat, but America fell afoul of a mistake it made long in the past. Back in 1969, the lunar landing had been staged. The US believed the world had fallen for it, but Russia had had spies that knew the real reason they hadn't landed.

The moons core contains an unstable isotope of Xenon, something thought to be impossible with it being a noble gas. Technology in the 60s made this completely inconceivable for landing to be acheived, but Russia had been putting billions of dollars into researching it and had eventually succeeded in not only reaching the moon but farming this Xenon. They debated announcing this, but realised it'd be far more appropriate to research Xenon technology secretly.

From this research, the eclipse cannon was born, a chemical weapon so powerful it could completely wipe out the population of an entire country. The UEA realised this was their only chance at stopping oppression from the west, and so without warning, on 7th of October 2053, America was annihilated. The death toll was occurred was so great that, for just a split second, time itself seemed to stutter, and like a heart skipping a beat time froze for just a nanosecond.

----------

17 years on, you are reading this letter stating how these implications affect us. As many of you know, archaeologist Agar Smythe found an Egyptian tomb so obscure no one could decipher the hieroglyphs that lay inside. By chance, Agar stumbled on a word and his mispronunciation was the correct pronunciation of the hieroglyphs, and in an instant the cackles of a twisted soul chilled the spines of leaders around the world. Egyptian words so spiteful they felt like scarab beetles in your ear were spoken, to Agar's horror announcing temporal glaciation. This is why our world is now frozen in time, but I fear the worst is still to come. One hieroglyph in the tomb could be read very easily. That hieroglyph is the one of Apep. Apophis. Chaos incarnate. What the implications of this are we do not yet know, but Egyptologists believed if we retrieved an orb stored in the spire of every major obelisk in the world we may be able to prevent the consequences.

Every country realised the magnitude of what was happening and so immediately handed over what was necessary but it was not enough. World leaders almost simultaneously realised exactly why this was. The Washington monument is an obelisk. It is for this reason I write to you, and I plea to you for the sake of the world that you use your powers to help this world. If you would be so brilliant as to do so, please, please meet inside Big Ben at 17:00 on 31st October.

Regards,
Simone Fletcher
Head of the United Nations

-----------------------------------

In this RP, you will play a character who has received powers in some way or another and have had those powers concealed by MI5 ((British internal intelligence system - think CIA I guess if you don't know what MI5 is, it's close enough for this story)). You owe Simone a favour in some way or another, what this favour may be I shall leave you to decide. America is mostly intact, as Xenon in this story is more of a radioactive thing so think nuclear fallout but more extreme however less structural damage, as we need the Washington monument to be intact xD ideas for problems we may encounter include mutated life forms, odd 'weather', distorted space/time (although remember that generally, any non-living thing is trapped in time similar to PMD2) etc, however most things are fine so long as they aren't completely ridiculous like a horde of fire breathing unicorns xD It’s also possible for Egyptian deities to be guarding the area closer to the monument – but keep it to more evil ones (e.g. Not Ra, but something like Anubis which isn’t evil but he’s in a slightly shady line of work would be fine ^_^)

Soooo, the form:

Code: [Select]
Name: <Your characters real name, this can be anything, so yes, you really imaginative people can have your own name>

Alias: <Your character’s name that either they or MI5 gave them to cover up their identity. You know? The Flash, Robin, Nightwing, Green Lantern or whatever?> [Optional - could have just not used powers in public]

Age: <That number people sometimes refer to you as? You know 'you're 30' or whatever? Nothing too young though, unless your ability is similar to Shazam>

Gender: <Male o... You know what? This can be an intelligence test. If you can't fill this field in, you can't join xD>

Description: <physical description and personality, please. At least 10 lines, preferably a little more, if possible>

Power: <Brief description of power(s)>

History: <include how they got their power. 10 lines minimum, but again, preferably more>

Other: <any other information you feel is relevant>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 00:00 by SapphireRobin|Omeganium »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Curse of the Twisted Pharoah [J] [Pw] [Fu]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 00:57 »
May I ask what kind of powers are accepted? I intend to join this but I reread many times and I'm still not sure what kind of powers you mean.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:55 »
May I ask what kind of powers are accepted? I intend to join this but I reread many times and I'm still not sure what kind of powers you mean.

Could be literally anything, as long as it's not crazy powerful like creating supernovas or something. Try and keep them border line realistic (obviously powers are innately unrealistic, but firing fire out your hand could be sort of loosely explained as channeling excess body heat or something, whereas being able to create ice breathing sheep by blinking is not so easily explained xD) a few loose ideas for powers could be flight, sap the heat from anything you touch (ice powers sort of thing), mind reading. But yeah, pretty much anything is okay :)
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:37 »
I don't know if I have the time to join this, what with work kicking off soon and such, but if you need an Egyptological consultant I'll be glad to help ;]
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 22:39 »
Just going to put my half done form here for now, just so I don't lose it!

Name: Garret Blair

Alias: Valence

Description: Garret is slender, measuring around 32 inch around the waist. He is fairly average height, being around 5’11”, but his limbs are very long, with him having roughly 34 inch length on his legs. His build is fairly muscular, but no more than would look normal, and he weighs in at around 80kg. With fairly light skin, he has snow-white hair that’s fairly long and messy, quite often lifted up with gel. His eyes complement his hair colour nicely, being a very deep azure colour.

Power: Garret is able to channel his bio-electricity and amplify it to fire in short, visible burst of lightning. The extent of this he can use with little issue would be perhaps setting fire to something reasonably flammable (e.g. paper, wood, oil), stopping someone’s heart, act as a defibrillator and similar amounts of power. With very, very immense concentration and at a great toll to his health, he could potentially carry out nuclear fission/fusion by overcoming electrostatic forces within the nuclei of atoms. He also has a hyper-metabolism and increased appetite due to needing to fuel the hyper-active mitochondria which keep his bio-electricity flowing.

History: <include how they got their power. 10 lines minimum, but again, preferably more>

Other: <any other information you feel is relevant>
I don't know if I have the time to join this, what with work kicking off soon and such, but if you need an Egyptological consultant I'll be glad to help ;]

Aww thanks Lottie ^^ (also Egyptological is /totally/ a word ;) )
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 20:28 »
Name: Alana Mark

Alias: *starts thinking about it but he might not*

Gender: Um.....I dunno....this is hard...um.......Female?    Female (Yes, a female character for once, problem?)

Description: Alana is about the size of your average 35 year old female, save for height, in which she measures about 5'3" (finally a character I beat heightwise that isn't a pokemon), but for her age, her physical traits (i.e. speed and stuff) are quite impressive. Her eyes are a jade green and her hair a dark brown, which is always kept in a neat braid. To make up for this, she is a bit stronger than average and is more than capable of fighting someone if need be. Her legs are long and strong, so she's as fast runner. However, Alana is not the best when it comes to stamina, but it's still decent considering her age. The most remarkable thing about her is the Ankh necklace she wears that has a ruby in the loop part of the Ankh. The body of the Ankth and the chain are silver. Personality-wise, Alana comes off as a bit aggressive to those who are complete strangers, but she's actually more laid back than that, and sometimes is called scatterbrained and unfocused. When she does get stuck on a certain goal, she's relentless in pursuing it, leading her to be reckless at times. She's full of energy, but it is easily expended through her endeavors. Basically, Alana is a ball of fire that can fizzle out as fast as it appears. She's also eager to learn about her field, which is how she got her internship and got tangled in this whole timeline (see history).

Power: Alana doesn't really have a cut dry power that comes right from her body, but it is important. She has the ability to summon a hologram (more like an astral projection) from the ankh necklace she wears. The more rested she is, the stronger it is. It feeds off her physical energy to move and attack. Once enough energy is drained or if it takes enough blows, it shuts down and fades. However, in some cases it can continue, but for risk of injury will follow. Minor wounds to the projection will not harm Alana, but once it gets weaker, or the blows get stronger, she will start to feel them. Also, attacking her with a hard enough blow will sever the link and the hologram will fade.

The hologram avatar projection fighter thingy is a falcon headed fighter, which is at least a foot taller than her (exact height is unknown). It uses no weapons. (Basically, think Carter's avatar from the Kane Chronicles)

History: Let's skip to the important part. Alana, who is from the US, got an internship with an egyptologist over in the UK who's also part of the UN. Upon meeting him, he gave her a strange necklace. The first year of it went fine, when her superior one day said he had some business in the US to do and asked her to watch his house. While he was away, she decided to take a walk in some woods nearby, where she was attacked by a small group (about 4) of wolves (which had been reintroduced into the area for population control). Alana tried to kick one as it charged her, but she missed, however, it still fell. Another attempted to attack, but it suddenly was swept to the side. She looked beside her to see a glowing falcon headed warrior, almost like a hologram, which had taken the rest out. After the initial shock wore off, Alana made her way back to the house, uncharacteristically tired, where she called her boss, who had no idea what it did.

That was the last time he talked to her.

About a week later, she got the news that the US had been destroyed. Every human there was killed. Alana went through her stages of grief, but the 4th hit her hard. Despair, soul crushing despair. She was this way for quite a while, but eventually came to terms with it and moved on. As time went on, she became respected in her field continuing the work of her boss. Eventually, she got a call. It was from Fletcher. The head of the UN. He was offering her a trip to go see what was left and say her last goodbyes. He said there was a catch, that would be explain when she arrived at the location specified. Alana agreed as soon as he finished talking, since she hadn't been back since she was sent over, and hung up, hurrying to get ready.

Other: If she loses the necklace, she's pretty much useless in combat. Also she's from the U.S. (if you didn't read the history)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 18:12 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 17:19 »
Hi guys.

Name: Milo Bell

Alias: LaPlace's Demon, or LaPlace for short. Though his colleagues sometimes refer to him as "Ridder", or "Thinker".

Description: Milo is a very average looking individual. His only striking features are his above average height (6'2'') and his gray eyes, which are often hard to see behind his black-framed thick lensed glasses (he doesn't have very good vision). Milo's hair is black and close cut, he has a 5 o'clock shadow due to laziness. He wears a simple dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, nice jeans, and a jacket as weather permits. He has on a pricy, military-grade wrist watch that isn't flashy, but keeps time very well and can survive a good deal of damage.
Personality-wise, Milo is what you'd "expect" from a researcher working for a quantum computing company: anxious when it comes to situations he isn't familiar with and analytical in all aspects of life. He isn't a social butterfly, preferring to play video games or card games with friends (a very mature hobby he insists). He has a strange quirk where, when in deep thought, he'll raise his hands at about chest level and move his fingers around as if writing or calculating something on an imaginary whiteboard. He tries to keep a low profile, though he is known to grow irritated quickly and strike in ways highly unexpected. Milo has an unfortunate compulsion to display his intellect, especially when challenged (by, say, a riddle or a puzzle), and more so when someone calls his intelligence into question. Though he strives to be a decent person, he has used his skills to injure those he thinks (sometimes rightly so) have wronged him.

Power: This power is kinda hard to explain, so I'll try my best and provide some examples in the "Other" section.
Milo can see all statistical likelihoods from events and can "manipulate" them within reason. He can follow chains of probable outcomes to sway scenarios in his favor. This requires some studying beforehand for the best results, but he can pull off some impressive stunts going solely by what is expected to occur. He's limited physically and logically: he can't jump over a moving car nor can he account for something entirely unexpected. Using this power, he is essentially manipulating "luck", though he's taking a more deterministic approach.

History: Born in the US, Milo was visiting family in Mexico when the UEA annihilated his home country. Though he was too young at the time to understand the intricacies of politics and military tactics, he was old enough to realize that killing so many people was an atrocity of high caliber. This event lead to him seeking a future where he could help humanity as a whole. When he was old enough to enroll in higher education, he started in Political Science, then (quickly) changed to Economics, then (even more quickly) to Physics. His studies lead to him finding work for an energy company that was experimenting with the Xenon isotope found on the moon (a gas he'd call "moon farts"). On paper, it could be put to use to create batteries that could power machinery for a lifetime. In practice, it wasn't as easy. With the pressure to help figure out how to get this isotope to be of some non-country-obliterating use and the stress from his doctoral studies, Milo turned to medicinal studies on nootropics, intelligence enhancing drugs. His compulsion to prove his mental prowess caught the eye of several high authority officials and eventually led to Milo being recruited in a program to augment his comprehension through decidedly experimental (and, looking back, risible) methods. While in preliminary trials, the researcher was exposed to radiation from the Xenon (a small dose). The radiation accelerated the rate that the nutraceuticals functioned, exponentially rising his cognitive reasoning to a level that made him an asset to MI5's data analysis division.

Other: Some "examples" of Milo using his power:
After studying people at a café and noticing a bully from years past, Milo places a napkin on the floor near a table. A passerby stops to pick up said napkin, causing them to be in the path of the door as it opens. The door opener jumps back a bit, startled, and knocks down a salt shaker on another table. The person at the table bends over to pick up the salt shaker in time to avoid a passing server's arm. The server, now moving slightly faster than they would normally (having not needed to slow down to avoid the person), places a plate with the omelette the bully ordered in front of them, who had previously lowered their arms and moved a cup of coffee in anticipation of the server placing the food down. But as the person who picked up the salt sits upright and the server turns to return to their duties, the server has to readjust their center of gravity, causing them to stumble and knock into a large patio umbrella. The umbrella spins, dropping leaves on the bully with the omelette. In frustration, the bully shields their eyes, raising their arms and hitting their table from underneath. The table jiggles, spilling the cup of coffee. In panic, the customer stands up to avoid being doused in hot coffee and knocks the dish to the floor, ruining their breakfast.

Another example. Milo studied recordings of a professional boxer, then requested 3 minutes in the ring with him (as a friendly wager for charity). LaPlace's Demon left unscathed, but very exhausted after dodging and ducking under every attack.

Lastly, here's the inspiration for my power. From Fringe. Major points to anyone who realized my power's inspiration before this video.