Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 1515 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
No Man's Sky
« on: August 15, 2016, 19:16 »
Has anyone else played this yet? What do you think?

So far I've enjoyed learning languages and feeding new animals. It's all strangely therapeutic!
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 22:27 »
I've played it a little bit after being super excited for the concept but becoming less interested the more I knew about it.

It's a cool game and I feel like you could maybe play it for a long time if you can get in the right mindset but honestly I got pretty bored after an hour or two. It just felt like a resource collectathon, and I didn't feel like there was much progress happening as I played, although admittedly I didn't play very far. The small inventory spaces also don't help considering how much there is to collect, how much of an emphasis is put on collecting, and how quickly you fill your inventory is you collect (almost) everything you see. It tends to mean I spend very little time on each planet I visit because I always need to leave to sell what I've collected super quickly.

Also, the PC port isn't great performance wise and the flying controls feel suuuper wonky with a mouse, so I'm not really too happy with the gameplay experience itself.

I'll probably try playing it some more soon though. Hopefully it'll click with me next time because it seems super cool and enjoyable.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 22:30 »
Hopefully it comes out on Xbox eventually. Seems interesting enough; can see it being very immersive.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 15:57 »
it's kinda like the sims or spore i guess in the way you'll play for hours at a time then not use it for a while afterwards

it's janky because it's procedurally generated so the animals and plants will look weird, which is why some people are whining.

i havent played it myself but my brother has and it looks fun. i just wanna see all the weird lookin animals lol

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 16:11 »
Most animals are weird looking yeah, but that's half the fun! Although, we've already encountered a planet discovered by someone else, so we named all the planets surrounding him to say hi. A friend spawned in a completely barren galxay - 9 wasteland planets so far and no fauna, whereas our planets have been abundant in resources and pretty.

They're also throwing out updates at full speed right now, the controls are much smoother now on PC (although we play it with an xbox controller on pc, and just use keyboard for typing)
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32 »
i plan to buy this when i have more money... and a working pc, since this onscreen keyboard is the only way i can write ............

i love watching the let's plays though. id be that one who tries to 100% explore places just to learn the languages and to get a feel of the planets i find. definitely the first place i land, and then any nice places i find.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 23:34 »
I saw the price and ended up playing Starbound & Subnautica instead. 
Definitely the kind of sci-fi sandbox thing I'd go for, though... so now it's been a while and things have maybe been updated even further, is it a Recommended? 
Or is it yesterday's jam by now? 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.