Author Topic: [J]They All Fall Down...again[Re/F][R]  (Read 8562 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Trekkie WhoLocked Fangirl!

• Name Rater Hater
  • I'm a nerd. And I'm a girl. Anyone got a problem?
    • View Profile
Re: [J]They All Fall Down...again[Re/F][R]
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 00:31 »
Elizabeth smiled and laughed softly, it was odd being able to talk to the child she had watched grow up, "Em, to start off with my name in Elizabeth Kane, most people call me Lizzy or Liz... I like poetry, espeacially Edgar Allen Poe, I like Shakespeare and old classic literature and classical music... So my interests are rather 'outdated' as you put it." She looked over to the chair that was in the corner of the room, "You can pull it over and sit down if you want to, or sit on the edge of the bed..." She smiled to Cater with another soft smile
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

My OTPs are weird, but they are mine! <3

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 21:20 »
Carter's eyes drifted from the chair to the bed and back again. He couldn't possibly intrude and then seat himself so close to Elizabeth so he dragged the chair over to the bed and sat beside Elizabeth sheepishly. He was completely unsure of what to say. And then he remembered that she'd introduced herself. "I'm...Carter Price." Short and to the point. There wasn't much else to say. Her mention of Edgar Allen Poe and Shakespeare caught his attention though. "You read old literature too? Who's your favourite writer? What's your favourite text?" This young woman had suddenly become a million times more interesting to him.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 21:49 »
Elizabeth smiled warmly at Carter. She fought back the urge to nod and say 'I know' as he introduced himself, "I'd say my favorite writer would have to be Shakespeare, my favorite text, hmm... So many to choose from, I'd have to say Sonnet 130. What about you, who's your favorite?" Smiling happily, she had a strange sense of euphoria that she could finally talk to Carter, it was nice. To be able to get to know him...
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 22:47 »
"So where did you come from? I heard a lady on the street you appeared out of nowhere."

Now how was he to answer this? He could tell Bliss he'd been following her all her life, but that would make him seem like...what was the word? A stalker? Something like that. No, he had to come up with something again.
"I just happened to be headed across the road myself. I saw you take a step forward and just reacted. Nothing special. The lady probably didn't see me initially just because I keep to myself most of the time. I don't really interact with other people, and just go through life doing what needs to be done. Truth be told, I've never really gotten attention for anything excepting today." His reply was surprisingly elaborate even by his standards, and was actually not too far from the truth at all. "I have to say though, that car was travelling awfully fast..."

Bliss stared at the boy lying in the bed for a few seconds, before blinking and letting out a long sigh. Running a hand though her hair she tried not to the let the guilt eat her up. It should have been me. I should be more careful. The petite girl thought repeatedly as her eye darted back to the boy and a small smile appeared on her lips. Something about Kylar just made her smile, she wasn't sure what and to be honest she didn't care. She liked it. "The city always get mad drivers wanting to get places fast." Bliss murmered with a shrug.
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 22:51 »
Carter's eyes widened ever so slightly, although he had no idea they had done so. He was having a genuine conversation with someone about something that really interested him. And not only that, they were as interested as he was!

"I'd say my favorite writer would have to be Shakespeare, my favorite text, hmm... So many to choose from, I'd have to say Sonnet 130. What about you, who's your favorite?"

Sonnet 130, one of his favourite pieces by Shakespeare, but not his most favourite by any means.

"Sonnet 130, one of the best texts written purely due to the way Shakespeare is able to use negative descriptions to shed a positive and realistic light on the woman in his life. However, my favourite text is The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. I'm not sure why but it's just...an amazing example of how great the English language can be if used right."

For a moment Carter was going to continue. He cut himself short however as he realised he'd started to ramble, and went ever so slightly red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylar glanced out of the window as he let the words register in his head.
"The city always get mad drivers wanting to get places fast."

He nodded in agreement, deciding to push back the niggling feeling in his mind that there was something more to it, and looked back at Bliss. "Well regardless of it you're safe and I'm still alive. That's the important thing."

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 23:30 »
"That's true. If you died I don't know what I would have done." Bliss thought out loud and her mind wandered off to imagine how horrible it would have been to think someone died to save her. The small girl shrived slightly before blinking and returning her gaze to Kai. "What injures did you get?" She asked lightly, as she let her eyes run over what she could see of his body.
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 23:41 »
Kylar chuckled and pulled down the covers a little to show the bandages on his body. "It's mostly scrapes and bruises, but my chest took a bit of a beating from the car and from the road. Got a gash across my chest, but it's not too deep. Just need to keep it clean and covered for a coupla days and just change the dressing apparently. Not that I have any idea how to do that..." His reply, despite being in-depth, was pretty much what he was told by the nurse who'd spoken to him. In truth he had no idea what had happened in terms of injuries; he'd never had them before, so he'd never bothered to learn the names for them.

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 23:46 »
Elizabeth laughed lightly, "Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore'" She spoke fondly, quoting one of the lines from the poem, "I quite like that one, it is a beautiful poem. Sad too though." The woman looked at Carter and raised an eyebrow, "You're blushing?" she smiled again, her eyebrow still raised slighy
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 23:49 »
Carter looked up at Elizabeth. At first he wasn't sure how to react to being caught, but soon enough a smile crept across his face and he chuckled. "I've never had a talk like this with anyone before." he replied simply before he cocked his head to one side slightly. "So...what do you have planned for once you get out of here? Do you live nearby?"

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 00:00 »
Elizabeth laughed, "Most people your age aren't into literature. Or reading for that matter..." She said and then paused, "I don't really know where I'm going to stay..." Another pause, Liz wasn't good at thinking fast, "I was in town on business, and I guess I hadn't got far enough to sort out were to stay. Know where there are any hotels? Cheap, and nearby?" The woman wasn't the best liar, but because Carte didn't know her, she hoped he wouldn't notice the hesitation.
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 00:06 »
The small girl winced at the sight of the injures but let out the breath she was holding. "At lest they are not as bad as they could had been." She mumbled quietly, whilst tucking a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. "Your also lucky I am good with all the nursing back to health melarkly. My klutzy ways have given me a few tips on how to look after bumbs, bruises and cuts. Plus I sort my dad out to, when it comes to this stuff..." Bliss rambled on before blushing when she realised she rambled on a bit. "Sorry!" She squeak before looking down at her lap. Why can't you act around him like you do with Brandon? Bliss thought, frustrated with herself.
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 00:50 »
((I'd like to move this on shortly, so anyone who hasn't posted to keep up please do so soon.))

Carter took a moment to think about what he was about to say. Would she take his offer the wrong way? He hoped not. "You're welcome to stay at my home if you wish. We have a spare room at the moment that isn't being used. My family won't mind given the circumstances."Looking Elizabeth in the eye as best as he could as he spoke, Carter's voice remained unwavering as his words passed through his lips, something that surprised him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylar chuckled and leaned forward for a moment, resting his hand gently on Bliss' head. It was something he had done often while he was her angel, but naturally she'd be unaware of that, barring the fact her hair would suddenly become a mess. "Don't be sorry. Honestly, it's sweet that you're offering...thank you."

As he finished speaking there was a gentle tap on the door. The nurse popped her head in and smiled at the two before looking at Kylar. "I'll be in shortly to check your dressings and to go over a few guidelines on what not to do while you recover and then you'll be free to leave. Do you live nearby, or would you like me to call for a taxi?"

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 17:12 »
After running into the doctor as he exited the room, Nancy was told that she could see the woman now.  She took a deep breath and poked her head around the door.  Yep, she was indeed awake.  Nancy walked in and gave her a small wave.

"Uh, hey," she began, but then a sharp pain stopped her.  She flinched.  Brilliant; left side of her jaw, the same spot where she had been kicked.  It must've turned into a nasty bruise by now; she hadn't seen her reflection yet to check it out for herself.  She looked back and smiled.  "Sorry.  I'm Nancy Lane, the person whose life you saved."

Nancy walked up to the end of the bed.  "Thanks for saving my life, by the way.  Would've been even better if you didn't get squashed instead though.  So, what's the verdict?"

When Nancy came in, Sky couldn't help but wince at the bruise she could see on her (former?) charge's jaw. When she flinched, and then apologized, Sky smiled gently. "Don't apologize. That looks like it hurts." I wouldn't really know but... She thought, then spoke again. "Nice to meet you Nancy. I'm Skyler Michaels, although I prefer Sky. I don't feel like I'm in trouble then." She sat up carefully, grimacing as her own bruises were aggravated.

When Nancy thanked her, Sky shrugged, and promptly bit her lip to stifle a whimper. Note to self, don't shrug for a while. When the pain had subsided, Sky gave Nancy another smile. "It's no problem. Although it worries me that whoever that girl was thought an appropriate reaction to her being wrong was to pull a bookcase onto someone. As to the verdict, the doctor didn't know how, but I got away with bruises, and that's it."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:57 by OpalRhea »

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 22:16 »
Elizabeth smiled warmly, and nodded slightly, "That'd be great. For a few days till I get myself sorted with something. Thanks" The woman was thankful for the offer and her smile didn't hide the fact, "I think the Docter said I'd be out soon, once they went over everything and such..."She mumbled, more to herself than to Carter.

As she spoke a young Nurse knocked and walked into the room, "Miss Kane, I'm just going to give you this perscription for painkillers, get them in a chemist on your way home. You were very lucky, all the vitals are good, no serious head trauma. Basically, you're free to go. But come back if there is any sickness or nausea in the next 24-48 hours." Placing a peice of paper on a small table the nurse left, closing the door behind her.

(I know its bad... I'm just tired. :P )
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 14:37 »
(Shameless bump.  Also Nat, is it alright if I make a human character to give myself something to do while I wait for LuluZombie to get back on?)