Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26774 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2013, 14:27 »
"Or if we did agree and happened to get caught, you'd take us out as well?" I inquire uncharacteristically forcefully.

I actually let myself laugh at that.  I don't know if it's the way these kids are trying to intimidate me or the way they're only just having their doubts.

// If they want to guarantee their survival, accepting deadly deals is a mistake. //

"And risk being captured myself to do it?  Oh, no.  I'd leave you in a second, and, if you knew anything about what they'd do to you alive, you'd wish I had offed you."

I turn to Nikolai to address his concern - which I hope is the last one, as time runs short - and give him a very satisfied smirk.  "Ah, so you are getting cold feet.  I have no intention of backing away from what I want to do more than anything right now.  Anyone who survives this has the benefit of my alliance."

I stride away from the group for a short distance and roll my shoulders, shaking my body out to properly wake it up.  "Now, if there are no further objections..."  I give the ground a couple of taps with my foot.  The ground in front of my begins to shift.  The gravel and cement move down in a long rectangle and form a staircase leading down into the ground.  After several feet it stops.  I look over my shoulder at Nikolai.  "What is the best place you'd recommended to enter from ground level?  Give me a general direction."
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

quack98

« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2013, 20:32 »
"Best? Well, that'd most likely be through that wall" I point toward a brick wall a few metres to our right. "But the easiest is more likely the entrance round the other side of the building, there's at least a door there"

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2013, 20:41 »
"So, easiest is not the best and best is not the easiest. Any ideas on how to get through. I can do it, although it would involve setting off some alarms, or destroying the whole wall." I say.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2013, 20:46 »
I tap my foot on the ground a couple more times.  This time, I take in the area around us through the ground.  With Nikolai's advice in mind, I see the room on the other side of the wall, as well as the entrance.  From what I can sense, there are no guards too close around either.  Still, there are the vibrations of footsteps wandering near the entrance.  The wall seems to lead to a room; it isn't empty but I can sense enough open space to enter through.

"No doors, no breaking down walls.  We risk leaving evidence.  It would be best to go in from the ground up through there," I explain, gesturing to the wall Nikolai pointed out.  "I can feel guards somewhere near the entrance.  Two of them are making their rounds in that area.  It's too risky."

I slowly begin to descend the stone staircase.  At the bottom of my pit, an archway slowly begins to form, creating a tunnel.  I wave a hand to direct the group.  "I hope none of you are claustrophobic.  And, please, try not to distract me too much; I need to focus on being quiet."

Wolstenholme

« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2013, 21:01 »
((I had an idea that the exhibits were the guards, and maybe I look around for guards , using biomancy of course fut find nothing and then we notice the shadows moving and then boom - exhibit guards))

I look at the staricase in awe, it seemed to be no effort to Soifra and it was very well made. I look down into the darkness but see nothing. 'keep quiet' Soifra's words echo and I am struck with and idea.

"Lower your defenses, just for a second." I demand. And without waiting for their replies I reach into their bodies one by one.

^First Edan, then Nikolai, then Soifra and Matt. I brush each of their minds with my own, moving their body weight to the centre of their body rather than their feel or hands^

"There. Now you will make hardly any noise when you walk... but we have to keep the time spent in there to a minimum as the technique could have side affects - stomach ache, the usual things." And then I proceed to move down the staircase ahead of the group.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2013, 21:10 »
((I had an idea that the exhibits were the guards, and maybe I look around for guards , using biomancy of course fut find nothing and then we notice the shadows moving and then boom - exhibit guards))

I look at the staricase in awe, it seemed to be no effort to Soifra and it was very well made. I look down into the darkness but see nothing. 'keep quiet' Soifra's words echo and I am struck with and idea.

"Lower your defenses, just for a second." I demand. And without waiting for their replies I reach into their bodies one by one.

^First Edan, then Nikolai, then Soifra and Matt. I brush each of their minds with my own, moving their body weight to the centre of their body rather than their feel or hands^

"There. Now you will make hardly any noise when you walk... but we have to keep the time spent in there to a minimum as the technique could have side affects - stomach ache, the usual things." And then I proceed to move down the staircase ahead of the group.

I freeze.  The ground, which was moving silently before, makes loud grating noises as the tunnel stops shifting a couple of metres in.  I whip around and look Chloe in the eye with a glare.

"Stop that.  Right.  Now."  I don't raise my voice.  I don't growl or hiss or spit.  There's just something about the tone of my voice that would imply a threat; a tone that would show Chloe crossed a line.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2013, 21:14 »
I return her glare... "Why do I get the feeling you've put us on a suicide mission?" I say. "But if you want to get caught..." ^I reach back into Soifra's body and return her bodyweight to it's natural state. I make sure it feels heavy when it plops back down into her hands and feet, but not enough to hurt Soifra, even in the slightest.^ I roll my eyes.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2013, 21:25 »
In spite of my rage, I sneer.  I don't take my eyes off of Chloe's for a long time, before I finally say, "You have no idea about magic, do you?"

I turn away from all of them and take a deep breath.  Then I focus and continue leading the group.  My geomancy begins its work again, back to its silent work of creating our entrance into the museum.

I shake my head as I walk down the steps.  "Tell me that the rest of you know better?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 21:33 by MissLuluZombie »

Wolstenholme

« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2013, 21:32 »
Upset, my eyes soften. "I'm not coming with you." I make to leave the group, feeling close to tears. "I'll see you when you get out..." I look at Soifra "If you get out." and then turn and my eyes find a bench maybe 12 metres away. I sit and try not to look back at the group.

quack98

« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2013, 21:34 »
"Chloe!" I shout after her. "Urgh, see what you've done now?" I say, annoyed at Siofra. "Wait here, I'll be quick" I say, as I run up to Chloe and sit down next to her.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2013, 21:37 »
"Nikolai, I'm fine." I say, brushing him away. "Go on. I'll see you later." I try desperately not to look at him. Or them.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2013, 21:41 »
I pause.  I can sense Nikolai's annoyance, but there's something beneath that that makes me disapprove.  The tunnel stops again and I call over, "Do not tell me you don't know what she did.  I know you are not ignorant.  You live in a city of warlocks, for crying out loud."

I shrug and wait as he asks.  "But if you wish to turn a blind eye because or her lack of knowledge, be it on your head."

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 14, 2013, 21:56 »
Matt looks at Soifra. "You could have at least been a bit nicer about it rather than having a go at her. She might not have known what she did, but trial and error is the best way to learn." He takes a coin out his pocket and spins it on his finger with telekinesis. Why can't everyone just get along?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 14, 2013, 22:41 »
During this whole ordeal, I stay silent, knowing that my mouth will get me in trouble.

//Well, Siofra's ticked, Chloe's at tears, Matt is being as cold as Nikolai, and Nikolai is being caring for once.//

I silently facepalm. My hands glow faintly, but I quickly suppress it, not wanting to feel Siofra's sharp tongue.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2013, 18:22 »
"You could have at least been a bit nicer about it rather than having a go at her. She might not have known what she did, but trial and error is the best way to learn."

I shoot a glance his way.  "You live here too, no?  You know the trouble that kind of biomancy causes.  Don't tell me it doesn't bother you."

I lean against the stone wall, balling my hands into fists and stuffing them into my pockets.  "She's foolish.  She hasn't been taught properly; if she didn't learn before, she'll learn now."

I call in Nikolai's direction, "Remind her she knew full well of the situation or leave her be!  Either or, we need to get moving!" before resuming my place against the wall.  I wait.