Author Topic: In game help  (Read 1034 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
In game help
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:54 »
This isn't anything as serious as competitive battling, but I'm a bit stuck with my Pokémon Y in game team. I'm wanting to train up a decent team for the E4 and Post game, but keep getting stuck with 2 or 3 members of the team, so here's the team so far:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
Speed Boost
~Bulk Up
~Sky Uppercut
~Brave Bird
~Blaze Kick (Will replace with Flare Blitz when he can learn it or anything you guys can suggest that does a better job)

Drapion@Black Sludge(Simply for the heal)
Battle Armour
~X-Scissor
~Hone Claws
~Crunch
~Cross Poison

Raichu@Magnet
Static
~Focus Blast
~Thunder Bolt
~Thunder Wave
~Tail Whip (Was thinking of replacing with Strength or breeding with something to get Iron Tail)

Lapras@LeftOvers
Water Absorb
~Surf
~Confuse Ray
~Toxic
~Ice Beam

Salamence@Rocky Helmet
Intimidate
~Fly
~Crunch
~Dragon Breath (Don't know where to find a better move until I get Dragon Claw at 61
~ Stuck on what to put here

I'm also stuck in finding a 6th member for my team, also my team is rather susceptible to Ground Type moves so any suggestions would be advised. I'm willing to re-breed for Abilities, Moves and perhaps Natures and even willing to train an entirely different team up, also willing to swap items for better ones as long as they are obtainable In-game or I don't have to trade for them. Again this is nothing serious just want a decent team with a decent move set to help me be ready for any situation, I like my Pokémon to have type coverage EG Salamence having Flamethrower to help combat against Ice Type.

So yeah any suggestions would be appreciate as for some reason whether it's be not thinking or over thinking the situation I just can't seem to find what to do.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: In game help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 19:17 »
I ran grass knot on raichu, although practically i didn't get a lot of use out of it. Theoretically, it could help against ground types but I tended to just switch out anyway. Still, against those bulky rock/ground types like onix then its reasonably helpful since you can usually outspeed them.
Earthquake on Salemance is a pretty solid option; hits steel types which would otherwise resist dragon breath and fly. I would reccomend dragon dance but seeing as you don't have dragon claw yet there doesn't seem to be much point.
Protect on Blaziken is pretty helpful since you effectively get a free speed boost and can scout out some of the opponent's moves. Swords Dance could be used over bulk up (I think he gets that?) so you can smash things even faster.
I ran Lapras with Rain Dance to synergise with a Raichu thunder, but again, that saw little practical use since battles rarely lasted that long. Still, if you go that route you could consider putting some other water type moves on your 6th pokemon. Gyarados is immune to ground type attacks and also benefits a reasonable amount from the rain.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 23:23 »
 I went through the E4 with a new team the other night and Gardevoir is a life saver.

Gardevoir@nothing  ;)
 Trace

Moonblast
 Hypnosis
 Magical Leaf
 Dream Eater

Gardevoir can't really take a beating, but when you're putting the opponents to sleep and healing yourself from KOing them then you can't really go wrong. You should try and keep a good bulky Pokemon behind Gardevoir incase the hypnosis fails and actually puts it in danger. Oh, I did have dazzling gleam(?) where Moonblast was.

I don't want to write too much, but maybe look into Mienshao for post game? Drain punch is a great move and it learns Bounce too. Nobody really pays it attention ahaha.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 23:35 »
^ I second the suggestion of Mienshao. These are my two favourite ways of using it (I'll list items, even though you might not want to win them from battle maison):

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Preferably Jolly, although Adamant is good too for nature
-> High Jump Kick
-> Fake Out
-> U-Turn
-> Knock Off (egg move) / Stone Edge (if you don't want to breed)

Or, a more fun set:

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Reckless (Hidden Ability)
Same as before, Jolly or Adamant
-> High Jump Kick
-> U-Turn
-> Knock Off / Stone Edge
-> Poison Jab

The first set is easy to use, and is very powerful ingame. Basically fire off insanely powerful HJK, and then use U-turn to switch out, activating regenerator and healing the life orb recoil.

The second one is insanely powerful, but quite often ends up killing itself from missing >_>. HJK is the main move - it's 130 BP, but then you get STAB, CB aaaand Reckless. This makes it 358.75 power! That's.... Huge?
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 18:59 »
I like the idea of both Gyarados and maybe Gardevoir love to have a strong Psychic type to back me up plus the immunity Gyarados has to ground types is pretty decent. Don't really want to use a Mienshao as Blaziken packs enough punch in the fighting department.

I was thinking of maybe replacing Raichu as well to help against the Ground immunity, I like to have a decent electric type in my team, but with half my team being able to get wiped out by ground type moves I was maybe thinking against it? Any suggestions to what I could replace him with that does a similar job?
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 19:04 »
Not sure which one you'd prefer, but all Rotom formes are Electric/something with Levitate, so you get your electric type without a ground weakness. They typically run something like:

Rotom-anything-but-normal-forme @ Leftovers
Modest nature is preferable
-> Thunderbolt
-> Volt Switch
-> Elemental move (e.g. Hydro pump, Air Slash, Leaf Storm, Overheat & Blizzard)
-> Will-o-Wisp
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 20:10 »
If you're just looking for a special that's immune to ground, I recommend butterfree. No joke, it's insane this gen.

In my run of X/Y I ran
Butterfree @whatever
-> Sleep Powder
-> Quiver Dance
-> Bug buzz
-> Psychic

Gets all those by level up except psychic, which is a TM, but it gets psybeam by level up which can confuse them, which is nice.
The fun part is that its natural ability is compound eyes, so Sleep powder gets 97.5% accuracy. send in on their special attacker and put it to sleep ( it's in game so they won't switch), proceed to set up a few quiver dances, kill everything ever. I've successfully 6-0ed against 3 people, one of whom had a proper team.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 21:11 »
 Have you tried looking at Cacturne? It excels at attack and special attack, I think. I've only checked Bulbapedia. I'm not sure how to get a cacnea though, had to get mine from the GTS and I've been breeding them to try and figure out how to get IVs.

Keep in mind, Cacturne is weak to loads of things but it is resistant to ground.