Author Topic: RP Idea  (Read 1958 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
RP Idea
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:06 »
It's me again. Well this time I have an rp idea without pokemon! Shocking isn't it? Well here it is:

My plot is about stopping an evil from 3,000 years ago which has risen from beyond the grave, the resurrection of an evil sorceress. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where no technological advances have been made due to many wars ravaging the lands. So, weaponry regresses to that which is similar to Medieval times. You can have different weapons like like the bow and arrows, staffs, swords and the like (not related to Fire Emblem). This person is planning ultimate destruction and gathering things from different places, one at a time. This creates an ultimate weapon which, if used, dooms the planet and all of us. There may be a traitor in our group as well ;)

I got the basic plot from a obscure book series, called Dragonlance (heard of it?). This the basic outline for the second half of the series. So, with your people's help, I'd like to fine tune the plot and give it a whirl. So, answer the following questions:

1. Does this sound interesting?
2. Would you do this rp?
3. What improvements could I make?

Also, anything else you think of. So, suggestions?

I'll be co-running this with OpalRhea
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:33 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
Re: RP Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:43 »
So would it be modern day? And what sort of ancient evil are we talking? The kind who puts a time limit on the world (even a vague one like you have to stop it before it destroys/enslaves the world), or a much more general chaos causing, creature of the week-esque?

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19 »
without specific details it just sounds like any generic mmorpg tbh - what makes this different? what's interesting about it that would make people want to try it out? things to think about

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 23:03 »
^Yes that is true. I've got the rough details out, but I've still got some thinking, any suggestions to add?

So would it be modern day? And what sort of ancient evil are we talking? The kind who puts a time limit on the world (even a vague one like you have to stop it before it destroys/enslaves the world), or a much more general chaos causing, creature of the week-esque?

Um.... Good question.

Future is more like it and one of the those who just pushes a time limit on you, before even more chaos ensues and destroys the earth. Any suggestions?

As I said, this is my first non pokemon rp I'm leading, so this may not be as good as others. If someone more experienced would want to take this idea, I'd be ok with it and join as well. Just ask if you'd like to take this off my hands here, bit nervous about this myself.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 00:14 »
Since it was your thought, i think the best thing is to co run it with someone.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 19:22 »
Wait I'm confused ... Or I didn't read this correctly if that is the case ignore this.

You can have different weapons like like the bow and arrows, staffs, swords and the like (not related to Fire Emblem)
Future is more like it

So ... Am I being stupid or does this confuse anyone else? Is it like future bows and swords or something or just something else.

Either way I'm liking this idea.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 23:37 »
So ... Am I being stupid or does this confuse anyone else? Is it like future bows and swords or something or just something else.

Either way I'm liking this idea.

Good question. It's basically the same weapons as those I mentioned. You'd think the future would bring technological advances, but I'm going with post apocalyptic future now. With this, many warriors and mercenaries went back to old school weapons. I'm also glad you're interested.

Since it was your thought, i think the best thing is to co run it with someone.

I like that suggestion, just need someone who's experienced in this stuff. I wish Draghost has here now. Ah well, who wants to help?

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:35 »
I'll help, we can discuss via pm? Mentioning now that i no longer have a phone, so my online times are even more... iffy

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:33 »
Iffy online times. Same here. I'm typing this out on the family computer, seeing as my laptop is acting up. So I'm kinda iffy as well.  So, you and me.

Offline Boris Airay- The Chesire Cat

• I wanna hear the sound in your chest!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Meow? Nuuu... NOT MY TAIL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 06:30 »
Hello. I'd be interested now I've started checking in here again, I'll be on as often as I can without a computer at my place, so if I don't get back right away its cause I haven't been on a computer
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 20:51 »
^I've pretty much gave up on this. You can use the idea and start one if you wish.