Author Topic: [Disc] A "waiting game"/Experimenting with a meta-story(?)  (Read 1263 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Apprentice

• Grand Wizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Remember to like, comment, subscribe,
    • View Profile
    • Vinesauce
Allow me to clear up any confusion the title may make by mentioning a nice little play called Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead. This is what I would give as an example of a meta-story I refer to in the title (using "meta-story" to make up for not coming up with a better term). Mainly focusing on what would be a kind of ensemble otherwise, the minor characters that usually relate to a plot very little.

Is it possible? To make a story out of a bunch of irrelevance when attention should be elsewhere? Maybe tread the line of Seinfeld, a role play about nothing. Honestly the idea has only been swimming around in my mind, I have no guarantee it could work. But fun is still part of the question... Yea? Nay?
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ s q u a d ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: [Disc] A "waiting game"/Experimenting with a meta-story(?)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 22:59 »
I'm no mod, but this could work. Since this board needs a revival, I'd be all for any attempts that try to reboot it.

Could you go a bit more in depth?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 14:54 »
I find that they work on other forums. Just something simple like a RP that starts off in a coffee shop.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 15:04 »
Oh, I get it now! I'd actually be interested. Any way to hone to my skills would be nice. This would be a new field to try.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 00:15 »
I feel this would be useful for me wanting to join back in RPing.  Typically I have a problem with like forgetting about it.  Or coming back the very next day to find out that everything goes to hell and back and it just gets tiring to catch up.

I actually did something similar to this a while ago (like 7 years ago...which...is a while).  We were a casual RP and we had the occasional real plot, but nothing much and people could routinely go off and have their own plots.
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.