Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a Camp Half Blood based rp?  (Read 1523 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
Title pretty much sums it up.

I have some ideas for plot, and I'm mentioning here that I'm not just going to limit the demigods to Greek. As far as Roman demigods, assume that they never met Lupa, and found their way to CHB instead of Camp Jupiter. Demigods with parents from other mythos (Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, Chinese etc.) can end up at CHB (mostly because before Heroes of Olympus came out, CHB was the only 'refuge' known for demigods full stop), for whatever reasons of their own.

Mentioning now, Greek and Roman gods (if/when they appear) are the only ones who will alternate forms/personality (unless you can directly parallel gods from other cultures, and if you can, go ahead)

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Re: Would anyone be interested in a Camp Half Blood based rp?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 16:22 »
hm, yeah, maybe, but i've not seen the series in a while so i have a few questions
1. do we get a powers section that relates to the god we descended from
2. would you have a list of gods who wouldn't have had children (as an example, artemis(?) as i'm rpetty sure she's supposed to be a virgin always) as in like, banned gods from an OOC perspective?
3. would you have to have read and enjoyed all of the books to join?

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 16:26 »
I think it could be very interesting, though while I've certainly heard of the source material, I don't really know it in-depth.
It could be a lot of fun though, especially including the gods from other cultures! I think if you could find a way to make it so that even newcomers to the series wouldn't get confused and knew the basic lore, I'd definitely be up for it!

I'm agreeing with Poison's train of thought on that some gods just wouldn't of had kids or were maybe too destructive/evil/whatever to have sired any and are thus off limits for whatever reason.
The powers thing could also be interesting, would there be powers based on the individual or shared powers for whoever descended from each god getting the same one?

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 17:24 »
Personally, as far as the powers, I'd say look up the god in question, and work in the vein of their powers (just please try not to be hideously overpowered please)
Yes I would have a list (only gods I'm familiar with though so...) Artemis/Diana, Hera/Juno, Hestia as a starting list (however, I am going to have that if a demigod is 'worthy' and unclaimed, Artemis, Hera etc can claim them as a sort of godly adoption...). As far as others, if you pm me the parent you'd be considering, I can look up the lore, and decide from their.
Long as you know the basics about how CHB is set up (post first series [so with the cabins for the lesser known gods who aren't a part of the big Twelve]), that's fine for me.

As an extension to the shared powers for parents, there are some abilities shared by the children of particular gods, but usually (depending on how powerful they are) they're rare.

If there are enough people familiar, I might do tie ins with the books, but if not, it'll be clean slate (as if the end of Last Olympian happened, but Heroes of Olympus hadn't- meaning some references, and the main characters from the series popping up as needed but not really being a focus).

Sorry if that made no sense. I can try to clarify at a point that isn't 4.30 am

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 18:08 »
I have one thing to say about this. And that one thing is YESSSS! I love the Percy Jackson/ Heroes of Olympus series. I read them and re-read them allot (some say to much) and I was going to suggest something like this myself except my laptop died so I have irregular online time which put me off doing any Rps, but I'd love to find a way to do this. 
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 18:53 »
I haven't read the series but I've heard of it. It sounds like a brill idea for an RP! :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 20:43 »
As I said before Opal, I'll be in this one.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02 »
Okay, considering that I've gotten interest from five people, I'm gonna start typing this up