Author Topic: What Really Happened [C] [AD] [P] [PW] [F]  (Read 7519 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: What Really Happened [J] [AD] [P] [PW] [F]
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 14:03 »
Well, allow me to pick my way through your post. First off, i'm not shy, so i'm not like Storm in that aspect, but people would say i'm dependable and adaptive. I'm kinda secretive, but also arrogant to a point. Then comes Carmen, who's charismatic, cheerful and brimming with energy. My polar opposite, I have no charisma or charm to most, i'm mellowed out and slightly dark, and I can be brimming with energy, but as I stated before, i'm mostly mellow. So you're in the same boat as me, dragoncat.

Roar.... hmm.... that could be interesting how you use that if you choose to. There could be some sort of fear effect like in MAA (Marvel: Avengers Alliance), a game I play on facebook. The ideas are coming to me, time to start thinking.

Lastly, your form looks good so far. I really couldn't find anything wrong so far, nice work.

Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 15:02 »
Pokemorph:
Name: Aya Morgans
Pokemon Species: Gengar
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt.
Appearance: Aya is shorter than average for her age, standing at 150 cm (or 4' 11"). She's also stocky in build. She has short, spiky purple hair (including two larger spikes that go up from where her ears are). She has bright red eyes, although disguises them as brown with green contact lenses. On her back, she has three lines of purple spikes. One follows her spine, and the other two start at the base of her shoulder blades. She also has a short tail, extending from the base of her back. This she usually hides with a jacket tied around her waist.
 Aya has very light skin, and rather forgettable features. She tends to wear neutral tones, or blacks. What she usually wears is a thick t-shirt, and comfortable pants (usually trackies). She also keeps a hoodie tied around her waist to hide the Gengar tail. Her fingernails are tinted purple, and slightly pointed. She has a steel 'bracelet' (here meaning cuff) around her left wrist (Refer to Weakness). She wears a large backpack to hide her spinal spikes.
Her X tag is on the back of her right shoulder.

Personality:  Aya is odd. At first, she comes across as hostile, if not chilly to strangers. But then, with people she is familiar with, she’s cheerful, if not a little bit mischievous. She is blunt with her opinions (unless it suits her purposes to sugar coat), but she also tries not to hurt the feelings of her friends.
 She hates being useless to her friends, and will often be rather cranky if circumstances cause her to be a burden. The other side to that is that if she can be helpful, she will do her best to meet expectations.
 Rather stubborn, Aya refuses to back down from problems until she finds a solution. This does however mean that she pushes herself too far quite frequently, especially while trying to master her abilities (the turning into a Pokemon and going intangible [See Strengths])
Strong points:
Consciously-controlled intangibility: Aya can, with a lot of concentration, go intangible, allowing her to pass through objects. Normal and Fighting attacks are nullified in this form, and she levitates. However, she needs a lot of practice to be able to do this for a long period of time, and there are many drawbacks (See Weaknesses).
Poison resistance- Aya resists all common poisons, and rarer ones take longer to work.
Weakness:  When solid, she has normal human weaknesses.
When intangible, she has four main weaknesses. Salt (She can’t pass over a line of it, or through something that’s mixed with salt. Caused by a defect.), iron (initially, contact with it makes the part in contact return to a solid state. Later, she’ll be able to phase through, but it takes more energy than just finding a door.), steel (same as iron, except stronger effects), and running out of energy.
Getting hit with a steel type move will force Aya back to corporeal. (Defect)

The cuff around her wrist means that her wrist remains solid, so she can’t fully phase through anything (yet). (The scientists put it on her to keep her controlled. Prolly Del's idea)
After returning from intangibility, Aya needs to eat (and preferably sleep) (defect), and will be weakened and have trouble concentrating for anywhere up to two hours. With practice, this time will get less, and she'll be able to remain intangible for longer. However, the more she practices, the more energy she's using in practice so…
Other:  When Aya is intangible, the area directly surrounding her (call it two inches from her skin) drops in temperature (about 12 degrees Celsius).

Human Form:

Name: Arthur Kinsley-Paulsen (Art)
Appearance: Art is about 6' 2", making him taller than average. His build is pretty much average, although a bit on the lanky side.
 He has an open, honest, easily read face, partially framed by shoulder length, straight brown hair, which he usually wears in a ponytail to keep out of his light blue eyes (although a couple of wisps inevitably come out of the ponytail, to drift at the sides of his face).
 Usually, Art wears simple, good quality clothes, that he doesn’t mind getting messy. These normally take the form of a dark short sleeved shirt, brown cargo pants and a good pair or work boots.
 On his left hand (unless cooking or giving medical care) he wears a silver ring, engraved with ‘Maria Alexandra Kinsley-Paulsen, lest we forget’. He also normally carries a messenger bag, filled with various odds and ends (for cooking, medical and clothing repair purposes)
Personality: Art is the sort of person who believes that the best thing he can do is help others who need it. He will offer help to anyone in nee, and dislikes being thanked. He’d rather someone pass on the kindness to others, than use hollow words for him.
 A very honest person, Art doesn't like to hide his emotions, or lie, unless doing so will help others. Normally, he comes across as a very cheerful person, always ready with a kind word or action.
 A good judge of character (for the most part), Art makes decisions about people based on their actions, not their words, or other people’s opinions about them. While this can lead him astray, it’s usually reliable.
 Once he’s decided that someone needs his help, it takes a pretty big act of betrayal to make him decide to stop helping them.
Other: Art is a first year medical student, with a passion for cooking. He also knows how to fix or patch most rips in clothing. If doing something, anything he might need but doesn't yet goes into his pockets. Usually he forgets to put it away again afterwards.

Starter Post: -see next post. will break char limit otherwise-

Will finish when I can. Hope Aya's alright so far

EDIT- almost done. just need to write the starter.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:21 by OpalRhea »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 15:11 »
So far, the only flaw is how you'll hide the spikes, because not many shirts can stand ripping, and even then your back would bulge out. Can you elaborate on that?

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 15:34 »
Either something over the shirt, or the spikes are quiet short (like an inch tall at most). I'll hash it out over the next couple of days, since I won't have access to a comp until maths is over on monday

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 15:49 »
Alright, no rush. Even after you and dragoncat finish I'll allow another pair or two to join before I close joining.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 13:42 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 07:50 »
HOPE THIS IS OKAY!! vuv

Pokemorph:
Name: Rush
Pokemon Species: Yanmega
Moveset: Screech, Ancientpower, Agility, Bug Buzz
Appearance: Rush was not blessed with an attractive Pokemorph form. He is rather dark skinned, especially on his hands and feet, with round red marks all down his sides, and his X skin tag scarred into his right forearm. Tall and thin, 6'2'' , he often hunches over, and has two wide, but short, black spines pushing their way out of back. Forcing themselves out of his sides as well are a pair of translucent, red tipped bug's wings, ones that, with care, he can wrap around himself well enough to hide under his clothes. He also bares the beginnings of a long rudder like tail growing out of him, tipped with tiny wings as well.
Face and head wise, Rush has a black fin-like Mohawk of hair and a rounded face, with virtually no chin. Rush's eyes are an area of much distress for him, both of them being large, red, and compound, forcing him to hide them behind a pair of dark sunglasses. He also has a small pair of fangs that takes great care to not have protrude out of his mouth.
The last piece of his Yanmega attributes comes in the form of two very small, vestigial, black arms that have grown from the middle of his chest. He can but barely move them, and for the most part he keeps them bound to his chest.
Personality: Self-loathing. Insecure. Rush despises the 'monster' he feels he is, and is often unhappy. This isn't helped by the fact his various insectoid body parts are nearly always aching at where they've burst from his skin (a Defect - see Other). His compound eyes are also a large burden for him, forcing him to see far more things at once than he'd ever wanted to, and often leaving him with painful headaches.
He is generally rather cautious with things, choosing words carefully and evaluatinghis options before making any decisions. He is envious of more "better-looking" Pokemorphs and humans. Sometimes he lashes out in anger, usually from being fed up over his various aches and pains, but more often than not he never means the things he says and is quick to apologize. The last thing he ever wants to do is hurt someone who didnt deserve it.
Strong points: Rush is, as his name would imply, fast. He can sprint like a pro and, when using Agility, can move at almost blinding speed to distract and hit enemies. He is also capable of producing glass-shattering shockwaves with his wings, and, with his bug-like eyes, can sometimes see things others can miss.
Weakness: Rush is frail around Ice and Fire, and if his wings are damaged, there is a high chance he is out of the fight for a while. He is also in constant pain and is often distracted by this and his bad headaches, leaving him vulnerable at inopportune times.
Other: The application of Yanmega DNA used in Rush's transfusion was a bit too aggressive, resulting in more being added than normal and more mutations on a greater scale than were expected (his eyes, his tiny second pair of arms, etc.) These parts of him grew far too quickly, leaving him with his persistent pains.

Human:
Name:Anna Bishop
Appearance: A shortish girl, around 5'2'', Anna has thick dark brown, almost black hair that she keeps in two pigtails, one on each side of her head, held in place with two blue bows. Her eyes are large and a deep brown and her skin is fairly pale. She wears a small black choker with a pink heart pendant on it, jeans, and a simple white shirt with short black sleeves. She also wears black sneakers that she's applies sparkly pink star-shaped stickers.
Personality: A fun-loving, slightly naive girl, Anna is an eternal optimist, able to see the good in almost everyone and every situation. Some have called her 'annoying' for her persistent good natured friendliness, but she just wants people to be happy and not worry. She's a big fan of fairy tales and stories of magical girls and finds them very inspiring. She faces challenges with a brave face and a happy smile, but tends to get easily discouraged if things don't go the way she planned them.

Starter:

Rush's ears were ringing. He was staggering out of the rubble, looking like a tall, bug-eyed zombie sorts, and feeling about as bad as one. The normal pains he felt day in and day out felt magnified, and as he slowly looked down, he saw his arms and legs were badly bruised and sliced up by the debris of the explosion. Or, at least tried to see; his injuries multiplied about fifty times through his compound eyes, and he had to squeeze them shut after a few moments. They felt like they were burning through his skull.

As he dragged his long legs through the rubble, Rush opened his eyes again and turned his head slowly, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in his head. He needed to see his wings. Gently lifting them from where they'd been crumbled at his sides, he was pleased to see they didn't look ripped or battered too badly.
I need to get out of here
, He thought through his haze of pain. Looking around, he could see the ruins of the laboratory, and recognized the urgency of his departure. But was he able to sprint? Looking down at himself, he felt certain his legs were going to buckle out from under him. Worth a test...? He thought again, and wheezed slightly. Pushing his wings to his sides, Rush lowered his body, and began to flee, running as much as he could.

...Which, as it turns out, was not much. Several yards away, in the forest, Rush collapsed, his legs indeed giving out from under him. He felt in a heap, and finally felt the sweet embrace of unconsciousness.

Anna was unsure of what she had discovered. She been exploring the woods, when a loud explosion had driven her to a site of great rubble and destruction. Hunting around, she'd discovered a strange being fallen not far from the destroyed area. It looked like a person, but had describably bug-like features. Like a Butterfree or... or a Yanmega! She thought, eyes wide. Was this some kind of strange mutant? Someone from the destroyed building, perhaps?

Whatever it was, Anna could clearly tell the being was hurt. "Oh, this is awful..." She mused, kneeling to examine the Pokemorph more. She needed to take this boy back to her nearby home, and clean him up. Otherwise he might be stuck out here, all alone, left to the elements Standing back up, she carefully tried to pick Rush up, having some difficulty due to his lanky size. Eventually, though, she developed a half-carry, half-drag method of transporting him, and soon managed to get him safely to her house. She then cleaned and cared for the morph, discovering all of his grotesque mutations along the way, including his pair of second arms, which twitched weakly in his unconscious state.

Whilst caring for him, a strange letter appeared at Anna's window. Curious, she examined it, finding it addressed to one 'Rush' and providing an address she knew was not in the best part of town. She then heard a loud groan, and whirled around to find her patient was waking up. Slowly, Rush opened his eyes, immediately wincing from light sensitivity. He heard a quiet gasp, and blinked, trying to figure out where he was. It  a house, one he assumed was occupied by the shocked looking girl standing a few feet away. He winced again, She was staring at him, could see all of his disgusting body. The poor girl.

"Oh my gosh..." Anna breathed. She was not expecting his eyes to look so..unhuman. However, she could tell the boy before he seemed rather insecure at her staring at him, so she quickly waved him off, coming over, "Oh! Oh! Hi, don't worry. I'm Anna!" She said quickly, "I...I found you in the woods and you looked hurt, so I took you home and cleaned you up!"

Rush looked at her. She didn't look too repulsed at him, which surprised him. "...Thanks." He said after a minute. "Umm...are you...Rush?" the girl asked. He sat up a little. "Yeah." Anna grinned, handing him the letter, "This must be for you!"

Rush looked at the letter, read it over. "Are you going to go?" Anna asked him. She hoped he'd take the mysterious opportunity. "I...I mean, I guess..." Rush shrugged, looking down. He thought it over, "...I'm not in the best, shape, though."

"Then I'll go with you!!" Anna almost yelled, excited at the idea of maybe being part of something big. "I'll walk with you! I'll get you all cleaned up so you don't look too weird." She giggled and stood up, running off quickly. When she came back, she was holding a pair of dark sunglasses, "Here! You can even wear these, so nobody sees your eyes!"

Rush blinked, surprised at the girl's eagerness to help him. He flashed a tiny smile, "Aahhh...thanks..." He carefully placed the sunglasses on, content over how they fit his face.

Later, Rush and Anna were heading towards the meeting point. The Yanmega morph was now all cleaned up (abet still sore, but as he told Anna, he was used to it) and walked alongside the girl. Eventually, they reached the building they were instructed to meet at. Rush looked around. His face twisted a little bit, and he let out a loud sigh. Anna perked up, craning her neck up to look at him. "Are you okay?" Rush sighed again, rubbing a temple.

"I have a headache,"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 13:47 »
What an interesting character to be honest. Trying to imagine this would likely give my little sis nightmares Let me get my sister.. This looks like something off of a little show we both like to watch (you know which one Dana.). I'll add them to the list, nice job.

Edit: I slept on it and decided to say this. I'm tempted to bring in another set of characters that would fit in with the two I have already, but hesitant for two reasons. A. The fact that I said one pair a user, and I go and break that rule. Hypocrisy. B. 4 Characters at once is chaotic for someone like me to handle. So, if you know anyone who's interested in joining and doesn't want to have to think about inventing a character, you or that person please PM me. Or, if you are ok with me doing another set, say so. If not, that's fine.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 14:15 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 00:47 »
I'm almost done, I'm just really stuck on the appearance part for Kyra. I really don't know what she should look like. Can someone help me out a little, please? Oh, and is Spite's appearance okay?
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 00:53 »
I'd say go for your typical 'angular face, spindly thin, wears hair in tight bun' sort of archetype ^

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 01:09 »
I'd love to help with the deino appearance, but I think Chloe has this one (she loves Deino, that chain is her second favorites, second to none other than Helioptile's line).

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 01:49 »
I'd say go for your typical 'angular face, spindly thin, wears hair in tight bun' sort of archetype ^

Yeah, that's more or less what I was thinking, though that definitely paints a clearer picture, thanks! I'm just stuck on cloths... Like, I have an idea what she might wear, but I just can't put it into words, if that makes sense. I'm not good with descriptions... This is why I usually draw characters first, it's a lot easier if I have something to look at, rather then just a mental image. But drawing takes too long and I haven't had much time for it thanks to exams...

I'd love to help with the deino appearance, but I think Chloe has this one (she loves Deino, that chain is her second favorites, second to none other than Helioptile's line).

Thanks for the offer, though I was just asking if it was acceptable. I'm totally okay with suggestions though ^^
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:19 »
idk, clothes wise Kyra seems like someone who dresses pretty, like, business-casual. Like a nice blouse, maybe a skirt or dressier type pants. :u idk just an idea though

Also I would stick this in my form but it's literally like 7 characters away from post limit so I will put it here: I drew Rush and he is super gross please look at my gross baby

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 19:58 »
idk, clothes wise Kyra seems like someone who dresses pretty, like, business-casual. Like a nice blouse, maybe a skirt or dressier type pants. :u idk just an idea though

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, just... It's kinda hard to describe, like, I know what I want, sort of, but the picture is kinda cloudy and the words get really jumbled up in my head, so even though I know the words, I just can't really get them until I have something to help straighten them out... if that makes any sense...
I don't know, I probably just sound crazy right now...

Also I would stick this in my form but it's literally like 7 characters away from post limit so I will put it here: I drew Rush and he is super gross please look at my gross baby

That's awesome.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 21:58 »
My god Dana, that's almost (if not) Face Off worthy, very well done!

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 11:43 »
Hey, I was going to make a post yesterday, but then I figured I could tell you on chat, but then I got distracted and forgot, sorry. Anyway, I think my form is done.