Author Topic: [C] The Whisperers [Ad][P][Pa]  (Read 5420 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
[C] The Whisperers [Ad][P][Pa]
« on: September 08, 2014, 19:07 »
Long ago, before the items used to obtain Pokémon had even been a twinkle in a scientists eye, befriending Pokémon was a rare and celebrated gift that very few were ever born with. They were known as the Whisperers - they couldn't exactly understand Pokémon, per sé, but to normal people, the Whisperers could essentially speak to Pokémon.

It was rare for a village or town to have more than one Whisperer at a time - when the abilities manifested themselves, if there was already a Whisperer and apprentice in town, they would be sent to another town without an apprentice. Their job was to keep the peace between Pokémon and humans - which often proved to be more difficult than it sounded. Wars between the two was rampant, and even if there was peace in one place, there would be war in another.

You are a Whisperer - a young one, apprenticed to an older Whisperer of your town. You have recently befriended your first Pokémon - one who left their home to come and live with you. It is a great honour to have a Pokémon become your partner - some Whisperers do not befriend their first for many years, but you, in your teens, have proven to be a proficient Whisperer.

But there is a threat on the horizon. Your Mentor has left for a week - something urgent, they say, but they do not tell you anything else. You are left to look after your home and the people who live there, but the rumours come. Reports of your Mentor's death, of the deaths of all the Whisperers apart from a few apprentices who were left in their homes. You are one of them. It now falls to you to meet up with several other apprentices to figure out what happened to your Mentors, and what danger lies on the horizon.

To sum up, you are a special kind of human. A Whisperer has a special connection with Pokémon - you can read their body language and they yours, so you can have basic conversations with them. Your Partner has a deeper connection - almost psychic - and that connects you. Whisperers rarely befriend more than ten Pokémon in their lifetime (meaning you'll get to befriend more later on in the RP!!).

Your Mentor, the one who is supposed to teach you how to properly read Pokémon and stop fighting between humans and Pokémon, is dead. Reports of a terrible war far to the west have reached your town. One apprentice has sent you a letter - to meet in the port of Summerlake to head west and find out who killed all the other Whisperers.

Form!
Name: First Last
Appearance: A nice sharp paragraph. Height, weight, body shape, hair, skin and eye colour, and what they wear. Clothes should be similar to the Elizabethan era - but Whisperers tend to wear trousers, just so you are aware ladies~
Personality: another sharp paragraph please dears <3
Partner: A basic Pokémon - not a rare or a legendary, or you'll get booted in the butt. (try to have a Pokémon that matches your town, so no ice Pokémon from the southern plains or fire Pokémon from the icy tundra!)
Town: Choose from those listed please!!
Starter Post: Either receiving the letter from the anonymous Whisperer telling you to meet in Summerlake to cross said lake to follow your mentor, or arriving at the rendevouz point in Summerlake with your Partner

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Partner:[/b]
[b]Town:[/b]
[b]Starter Post:[/b]

RULES:
-- Follow the site rules, obviously
-- Keep romance to a minimum. These kids are fighting to solve something first, kissing later
-- No two Whisperers may come from the same town
-- Try not to have the same Pokémon
-- No godmodding, power playing or Mary Sue type characters
-- The plot will be ushered along if you guys are taking a while

TOWNS:

Coldmount - A chilly northern town that is almost always covered in a blanket of snow. It is tucked away in the mountains. Ice, Psychic and Rock Pokémon acceptable. Taken by Shrub
Bybeach - A warm southerly fishing town. It is nestled in a cool bay. Water, Bug and Grass Pokémon acceptable. Taken by Inferna
Mageburn - A hot village close to a volcanic desert in the north east. Built upon ancient lava flows. Fire, Dragon and Rock Pokémon acceptable. Taken by GL
Landwald - A farming village to the east. Located near a vast plain. Normal, Fire and Fairy Pokémon acceptable. Taken by The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA
Marbletown - A south eastern town built in to an old quarry. Many caves are located nearby. Dark, Rock and Steel Pokémon acceptable. Taken by Nellie
Marshpond - A south western village on a drained out marsh. A large rainforest is located north. Water, Grass and Poison Pokémon acceptable. Taken by E.KA.N.S
Summerlake - A western town on the edge of a lake. There are mountains to the north. Electric, Water and Flying Pokémon acceptable. Taken by meeee
Ironmerrow - A town built close to iron deposits on the north west. Many old farms nearby were abandoned after a great flood. Ghost, Ground and Steel Pokémon acceptable. Taken by Bad Wolf
Oakbank - A logging town in the far east. A large oak forest surrounds it. Grass, Flying and Fighting Pokémon acceptable. Taken by RubyRobin

look a map

If you are stuck for Partner ideas, don't be afraid to ask me! <3 Have fun, stay loose and let's RP!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:15 by Shaymin »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: [J] The Whisperers [Ad][P][Pa]
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 19:32 »
Hey, just want to reserve a spot for Oakbank with a complete-but-for-starter-post ((Just edited it in now)) form, if that's okay:

Name: Oliver Blaine Thornton
Appearance: Around 6’2” in height, fairly average weight. His limbs are long, his arms being somewhat average in terms of muscle tone, however his legs are well toned from walking. He has hazel eyes and a thick iris, and cocoa brown hair styled into a pompadour. He is usually wearing a white shirt with a grey silk waistcoat and well-polished black shoes. His trousers are black, as is customary with formalwear of the period.
Personality: Oliver is outgoing and will talk to almost anyone, but has a habit of making the conversation mostly about himself due to his parents being largely the same. He’s pretty likable, however some find him somewhat of a show-off from his very well off upbringing. His gift as a whisperer certainly didn’t help to tame his rather inflated ego. He tries to be helpful, but usually ends up disregarding people's problems as petty, but does so not out of malice.
Partner: Deerling / Male / Sassy Nature / Seed Bomb / Return / Nature Power / Jump Kick
Town: Oakbank
Starter Post: Bored as usual, Oliver went through the usual monotonies of everyday life: cleaning the house; washing the dishes; making my lunch. Finally, he came to the last of his mundane chores; collect his mentor’s mail. Oliver went to the mailbox to find five letters, one of which was in the most unusual envelope. Closer inspection revealed also that this was addressed to him, which seemed inconceivable given he had not received mail. Oliver ran to the kitchen, finding himself overly excited at the prospect of opening an envelope. Doing so revealed a letter on regular parchment. Peasant’s parchment, in Oliver’s opinion. He read it; it almost confirmed that the rumours of his mentor’s death were true. Not only has his, but those of apprentices all over the world. He felt shock, more so than when he first heard the rumours. He didn’t want to met these people so he could hold on to the last bit of hope that the sender of this message is committing forgery, but he knew more answers would be found in going than clinging on to hope. He would depart for Summerlake immediately.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 20:27 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 19:47 »
Name: Dennis Lumbard
Appearance: Standing at exactly 6' tall, Dennis is of a lean build with a stronger upper body in comparison to his lower half. He has somewhat thick, curly jet black hair that is ruffled rather than neatened with facial hair beginning to develop on his face. Interestingly, he has two different coloured eyes, his right is a thick brown whilst the other is a stunning blue. In terms of clothing, he usually wears a red and gold doublet, attached with a black cloak, navy breeches and big, brown boots to slightly elevate his height.
Personality: Dennis is somewhat of a wolf-like character; usually a loner, he prefers to deal with problems without assistance. However, he can be adaptable if the situation arises where it is necessary, this is due to an inner competitiveness he has. Dennis can be broken out of his loner exterior and when that happens, he showcases elements of loyalty towards those he feels he can protect, most importantly his Pokémon. His biggest flaw is the feeling of doubt he has over others, but most importantly himself, although he tries to avoid showing it at all costs, which at times can make him seem cold. This is down to the problems Dennis had with his father and how he was always made to feel weak and helpless.
Partner: Deino - Draco
Male
Rash Nature
Bite / Headbutt / Dragon Breath / Dragon Rage
Town: Mageburn

Starter Post: Sitting in his bedroom, Dennis placed a treat on the floor which Draco happily gobbled up. Releasing a small but nervous grin, the teenager rose from his position and began to pacing in the room.

"It's just not like him to be like this. He's never been late for anything," he mumbled to himself as his Pokémon cried for more food. As he reached across the table to grab another one, a series of loud knocks hit his door. Dennis opened it sharply, before seeing his mother standing before him. She was speechless but her face painted a thousand pictures; her lips shook uncontrollably and her tear-ducts could not stop pouring. Seeing that she was holding an opened letter, he quickly grabbed it from her.

"Your father insisted on opening it, I'm so sorry..." She cried as the tears flowed even more. Dennis gritted his teeth before grabbing his cloak and put it on.

"I won't let the same happen to me mother. I at least owe that to him," He stated as he picked Draco up from his seated position.

"I'll miss you," Dennis whispered before hugging his mother who continued to weep. He turned over to his father who was stood in the doorway; staring sharply at each other, Dennis proceeded out of the door and placed his Pokémon on the floor.

"This way Draco, we've got somewhere to go," He stated as a sole tear trickled down his cheek; luckily his Pokémon couldn't see it, even if it could sense that something terrible had happened.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 20:44 by GL. »

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 20:10 »
Deino is fine, GL c: Also you may list nickname/moves/nature etc if you wish~

Name: Magnolia "Mags" Shaw
Appearance: Mags is all around average - at a normal five foot six, with tan skin and dark curly hair. Her eyes are the only non average thing about her - one eye is green, the other more blue. It's hard to notice, really, but if you get close, it's a bit more obvious. She normally wears a brown coloured shirt and brown trousers made of a rough material. She wears a simple pale short skirt over her trousers. Her shoes are knee high dark leather boots. For the journey west, she also has a large pack and a cape.
Personality: Mags was never a people person - but she tries to be after learning she was a Whisperer. Almost a Whisperer alone in her own right, she is a leader rather than a follower, and won't hesitate to do what's right. She can be quick to anger against those who dislike Pokémon or Whisperers, but she will usually keep it bottled up. She tries to be neutral in all parties but she certainly prefers the company of Pokémon over other people.
Partner: Pikachu / Thunder / Male / Bold / Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Tackle, Tail Whip
Town: Summerlake
Starter Post: The letters had been sent out. It would be some time before everyone arrived - the roads were sub par at best, and some towns were many hundreds of miles away. And that wasn't counting the fact that these were all kids. Dex had warned her this might happen, that he might not come back. It was almost as if he knew it was going to happen. She hoped his Lapras was faring well without him - that was if the Pokémon was alive. Thunder nibbled nervously one a berry at her feet, feeling her worry in the air. Reaching down to scratch behind his ear, she sighed. "This is going to be a long year, Thunder," she murmured to him softly. "Let's just hope these kids can hold it out without their mentors..."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 20:13 by Shaymin »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 20:13 »
Name: Frances Maidlin

Appearance: Frances has bright ginger hair reaching just past her shoulder blades.  She brushes it meticulously every morning, but the only thing she’ll complement it with – if ever needed – is a hairnet.  She has a round, pasty, freckled face, on a short and skinny frame.  She has hazel eyes and often wears deep brown cotton britches with a slightly patchy blouse.  Over that she’ll normally wear a slightly tatty cardigan.

Personality: Frances is a bustling young girl who always seems to be slightly busy.  Although nagging and nosy, once she’s set her stall in somebody she is loyal to them for life.  Occasionally, this makes her easy to manipulate, but she’s usually nosy and persistent enough to know who exactly – in her opinion – are the right sorts of people to set her stall in.  She’s very down to business in a group and will fixate on getting things done before relaxing.

Partner: Ralts/ Careful Nature/ Calm Mind, Psychic, Toxic, Shadow Ball

Town: Coldmount

Starter Post: Frances wiped her forehead against the unfamiliar sun beating down through her blouse.  She’d long abandoned her cardigan, leaving it skirting the borders of Ironmerrow, much to Ralts’ chagrin: Ralts was sure Frances might need it later on.  Frances had shrugged the advice off, and was not – so far – regretting that decision. As they approached the rendezvous point, Frances turned to Ralts and gave her a gentle giggle. Summerlake was by vast waters that Frances – with all of her meagre social status and wealth – had never had the chance to see.  The idea that she was about to cross it was one that had struck her with a dizzy excitement throughout the journey, and all of that was just sugar glazing on the thought that she could be seeing her mentor again soon.  She swallowed and her throat stuck, prompting her to stop and turn away from the rendezvous point to try and get herself under control.  Sufficiently satisfied that she had calmed enough, she turned and walked towards the rendezvous point at full power with a “What’s all this, then?”.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 20:17 by Shrub »

thanks gl <3

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 20:20 »
Name: Lenna Chambers
Appearance: Healthy pink skin generously covers Lenna's rounded features. She's medium sized in almost every way standing at 5"5 and with a slight stomach. Her hair is ash blonde, straight and worn loose. She has large hazel eyes. She wears very modest clothing (plain blouses, long skirts) in mostly greys and browns but was given a pair of black trousers by her Mentor as more suitable clothing for Whispering. Living in Ironmerrow means that her clothes and features are often matted with dirt, too.
Personality: Lenna is a gentle heart. Her connection to Pokemon came as no surprise to the people of her town as she had always carried a patient and peaceful air despite her strict routines and orders. She likes to study and practice something until she has reached a satisfying understanding of it. These qualities come, unsurprisingly from being the second oldest child in a family of seven. Lenna is devoted and protective over things that she cares about and has a capacity to be very compassionate.
Partner: Sandshrew / Male / Mild / Sans / Sand Attack, Poison Sting, Rollout, Rapid Spin
Town: Ironmerrow
Starter Post:
The sun rose over the mountains on the morning that the letter came. Lenna had been outside furthering her Whisperer training in the days while her Mentor was gone. Today Sans, her Sandshrew friend, was making the most odd movements and seemed somewhat agitated and Lenna couldn't understand why.
"Lenna. Lenna!" her father shouted to her. He sounded almost happy, this, Lenna decided must be important. Her father hadn't been happy since their farm had been ruined and they'd had to sell it.
"Be right back." she said to Sans, she had no time to make elaborative gestures, and ran to the little shack she called home. Lenna burst through the door "What is it, father?" she asked.
"You have a letter." Lenna could read and the letter, when handed to her, took her less than a minute to skim through.
"I have to go, father." and soon Lenna was leaving the house, saying good byes, explaining the situation to Sandshrew, asking him to come with her and beginning her journey to Summerlake.
She and Sans discussed the situation in shaky and hushed tones as they walked, both terrified and uncharacteristically impatient with anticipation for what would happen when they got to Summerlake.

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 21:40 »
everyone is accepted thus far c: we'll wait and see if we get any more interest for the other four towns before we begin

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 22:00 »
((Can you save me a spot please? I'll get my form done tomorrow morning. I'd like to claim Bybeach as my town if that's okay c:))

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 22:38 »
((Can I get a spot too? I think I can get my form in tomorrow. If I don't get my form in on or before the day after tomorrow, you can cancel my spot. But I probably will. Oh, and I'd like Marshpond please =] ))

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: [J - 2 spots left!] The Whisperers [Ad][P][Pa]
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 23:23 »
Spots saved for both of you! Two spots remain and we'll begin tomorrow. If you don't have your form finished don't worry you can jump in whenever <3

also i'm a nerd so expect a map - the map has arrived educated yourselves babs
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 23:51 by Shaymin »

Offline .~.Nellie.~.

• 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mrs Lovett, serving people since 1846 ^-^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 23:57 »
Hey there, is there any chance I could squeeze into this? ;; I'd love love love Marbletown if that spot is open~

I can get a form up tonight if I'm allowed in.
Conscience is just another word for cowardice.

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 00:00 »
Of course! That leaves one spot left /excite

Offline .~.Nellie.~.

• 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mrs Lovett, serving people since 1846 ^-^
    • View Profile
Re: [J -1 spot left!!] The Whisperers [Ad][P][Pa]
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 00:43 »
Name: Lyra Stone

Appearance: A short and slight girl who perhaps looks a little under her age. She has rich golden hair that falls just beneath her jawline and bright hazel eyes. Despite her age, her build is small and somewhat child-like. She usually is seen wearing a white blouse with some slight ruffles around the collar, her trousers are dark but fairly baggy, allowing her to travel and venture into rougher terrains with ease. Due to her wild and outgoing nature she often has the appearance of being somewhat scruffy, her clothes sport some rips and are rather worn from all of her adventures with her partner.

Personality: Lyra is a real live wire. She has a great energy about her and a passion for live and all of those around her. Her passion does have the tendency to make her fairly headstrong. She will openly speak her mind and can often become too emotionally invested in things. She wears all of her emotions on her sleeve and can often be a little rash, this makes her fairly transparent in her motifs at times. Despite this she has good intentions, she often just needs to slow down to take in other perspectives.

Partner: Riolu- Jekyll
Moves: Force palm, Endure, Quick Attack, Swagger.

Town: Marbletown

Starter Post:

Lyra's hand had not uncurled from around the crumpled letter for the entirety of their journey. For some it seemed a great danger to leave home and travel in such perilous times. Her mentor was dead, there was word of a war- everything seemed so bleak. Yet in the midst of it she was out with her partner Jekyll and it seemed as if there was nothing of worry at all. The wilderness was beautiful and for a brief moment despite all of the danger looming ahead, she did not feel a shred of fear.

...Or was that just what she was trying to allow herself to believe?

A slight sound came from beside her, causing her to drop her round hazel gaze onto the Riolu padding alongside her. It seemed he could sense the uneasiness that had begun to prickle within her along with her eagerness. It seemed that both emotions were entwined together.

'You know we'll be fine, Jek.' She mused softly, a somewhat playful smile dawning on her lips. Their bond was close, so close that at times she could feel it. Alone she might admit she felt some fear towards their predicament, but with Jekyll by her side it granted her confidence. They would be fine as long as they stuck together.

Her gaze rose slowly as the pair reached their destination, it had taken a good few hours to reach and Lyra had to admit she was grateful that they could now rest. The girl's eyes lit up at the sight before them. 'Wow Jekyll, look at all of that water!' Her smile grew at the bark from her side. 'I'll bet there are loads of Pokemon here!'

Her positive nature was very much instilled within her despite their situation. She knew that Jekyll's sensitivity towards aura meant he could read her emotions better than most, hence why she tried to mask each negativity with a smile. It was through this mindset that she had the strength to move forward.
Conscience is just another word for cowardice.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 20:02 »
Name: Nicholas ‘Nicko’  Fisher      
Appearance: Nicholas is around 6 foot. He is well built. He is quite tanned due to living in a warmer area and being out at sea. Nicholas’ hair is golden blonde and hangs around his shoulders, kinking slightly at the ends. A fisherman by family trade, Nicholas prefers practical clothing. He wears a thick white shirt, with a woollen snood attached. His trousers are brown, and his footwear are a pair of sturdy knee high waterproof boots. Nicholas also wears a pair of leather gloves that stretch up to his elbows. He is quite tanned due to living in such a warm area.
Personality: Nicholas has a sense of adventure from having travelled with his father on long fishing trips. As he has grown older he has had to take care of the house and his family more, making him ‘man of the house’. Despite this he relishes responsibility and being in charge. He can sometimes be very manipulative to get what he wants or his preferred outcome in a situation. Nicholas is in no way a ‘user’, he cares for his friends dearly and can be very over protective.
Partner: Lilly - Poliwag (f) Naïve  – Bubble/Hypnosis/Double Slap/Dig
Town:  Baybeach
Starter Post:
The pair sat idly on the beach, with Lilly close by his side. She was burying herself in the pale white sands. Popping back out she hopped onto Nicholas’ lap. She was very odd for a Poliwag and it was even odder than Nicholas had managed to tame her. “What shall we do today then?” he smiled, knowing Lilly wanted to swim. Lilly ran towards the sea as best a Poliwag can but stopped right at the waves.

Nicholas followed and spotted a small bottle, washed ashore. Picking it up and scraping the wet sand off it, he noticed a letter inside. “Strange, we haven’t reiceved many letters for a while.” He thought. Wriggling the damp cork he removed the letter from inside. Nicholas’ face paled in shock. His mentor was dead. Lilly immediately sensed what was wrong. She stared up, sadly.

“Come on Lilly, we need to go.”

He walked down towards the small harbour and gathered some supplies from his fathers old boat, used as an extra storage space. Thoughts entered his mind of sailing to Summerlake but he decided against it, he wanted to see more of the land- not the sea.

Rushing along the sands up to his house Nicholas said goodbye to his mother, younger brother and sister. He was actually doing what he wanted, going on an adventure but for all the wrong reasons. With a heavy heart he left for Summerlake.

Lilly's mouth frumpled, she was scared. Nicholas gave her a reassuring pet and she hopped into his damp snood.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 20:05 by Inferna »

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 21:55 »
Ok, E.K.A.N.S., you can still go ahead and post your profile and hop in to catch up! We start... now!

Impatiently tapping her foot, Mags glanced up the street. This was the address she had asked all the other remaining apprentices to meet, today. She had sent the letters so everyone would have time to get here - even those in the cold north and the far east. It would take them some weeks to reach Summerlake, but they had to be here today. Overhead, a Wingull screeched to another and Thunder looked up worriedly.

"Pika." he said flatly.

"I know, but don't worry. They'll get here soon. I mean, it's not like there's anyone else in Summerlake who has a Pokémon attached to the hip, is there?" Mags asked. Thunder opened his mouth to speak but said nothing. "They'll be here... I know they will."