Author Topic: Sony Pictures Pulls "The Interview"  (Read 9568 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sony Pictures Pulls "The Interview"
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 21:05 »
Nah, there's like 6,000 cinemas in America. But, that doesn't mean they couldn't get someone in over the borders (or someone that already lives here) to attack one big theatre in NYC. A terror attack in a huge theatre that seats thousands could be terrifying.

Just came here to say my prediction is (most likely) correct. North Korea was probably behind all of this. I'm interested in how this will effect our relationship with North Korea, being that it has come to light that the government infiltrated a huge business at the expense of at least thousands of Americans' private information.

Oh, Seth Rogan, what have you done?

tbf I think anyone and everyone thought it was North Korea too =P

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 21:52 »
tbf I think anyone and everyone thought it was North Korea too =P

I was hearing stuff from friends and family who have been talking about it saying that they probably weren't tied in with the government, because they figured NK wouldn't want to be involved with stuff like that. A lot of people wanted to blame it on Chinese hacker groups because they're pretty close with North Korea, which was my second guess.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28 »
a comedy portraying the assassination of a current head of state is just not in good taste, even if it is North Korea.

I'm just gonna leave this here...
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 22:04 »

I'm just gonna leave this here...

I'm pretty sure the whole world forgives Team America as it mocks the US more than any other country it involves.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 22:14 »
Allegedly, Kim Jong Il saw the funny side of it.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 01:15 »
 Truthfully, there are things that we'll likely never know about this incident and regardless of how old North Korea's equipment is, it's still capable of causing harm.

A film involving the assassination of a very paranoid and powerful man is going to step on many toes and (from an article in The Guardian) Putin has invited Un to Russia. An ignorant stab in the dark from me says that maybe Russia could potentially sell some equipment to North Korea and even establish some sort of alliance that could maybe help towards stabilising the Russian economy.

It's just one of those things that we'll have to wait out and see what happens as details unfold. A lot of it is probably just speculation.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 11:05 »
Russia could potentially sell some equipment to North Korea and even establish some sort of alliance that could maybe help towards stabilising the Russian economy.

North Korea's military, like many Communist/Ex Communist states (Cuba, China, Eastern Bloc), already has a lot of Cold War-era jets, missile batteries and tanks while many of the democratised ex-imperial states in the world (South Korea, Japan etc) are using American and/or European technology.

NK wouldn't be able to get their hands on the more modern Russian stuff like the SU27 (Although they do have some early issue MiG 29s) due to cost, but against what we in the west have due to constant updates to the military hardware, the NK Air Force and so on haven't been able to. While the MiG23 came into service about the same time as the F16 and the Tornado, the 16 and Tornado would still out maneuver and easily shoot down what they have. I doubt Putin, while clearly willing to push what is possible, would do it.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 16:24 »
I doubt the incentive is even really there - the invitation of Un to Russia is more of a tongue-in-cheek insult to the United States.

Honestly, no major world leader would risk anything more than a polite refusal to North Korea - hell, when they claimed to be testing nukes, China told them to back off - their only actual ally. Russia's economy might be unstable, but I'm pretty sure North Korea doesn't have the purchasing power to stabilize it.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 02:32 »
Truthfully, there are things that we'll likely never know about this incident and regardless of how old North Korea's equipment is, it's still capable of causing harm.

A film involving the assassination of a very paranoid and powerful man is going to step on many toes and (from an article in The Guardian) Putin has invited Un to Russia. An ignorant stab in the dark from me says that maybe Russia could potentially sell some equipment to North Korea and even establish some sort of alliance that could maybe help towards stabilising the Russian economy.

It's just one of those things that we'll have to wait out and see what happens as details unfold. A lot of it is probably just speculation.

lmao how did i miss this post

there is nothing to worry about, trust me.

apart from the fact that a lot of the soviet stuff is ricketty as heck (sure Tsar Bomba was the most megaton bomb but it was basically just overgregariously so and not as well designed as western atomic bombs)

like russia would rather let a video of a donkey crapping on a photo of putin go viral than be seen wanting to help north korea i reckon
like hell even china is tryin to distance itself from n korea, half the reason we all knew nothing would come of the missle tests which everyone collectively crapped their pants over a few years back is because china would steamroll the hell out of n korea for annoying their profitable capitalist idiot westerner customers. china knows what its doing and to suggest that letting some pipsqueak of a nation stuck in the 70s throw its weight around and act like a superpower in front of CHINA of all nations is just like....what???
yes china got Involved in the korean war and was like "not in my nation fellas" but its purely for self interests like all superpowers do these days. 

i mean, even japan just stood there looking awkward during all that and sort of flapped an arm with "Article 9, lol" pathetically at everyone but thats cos it gambled on the wrong side in WWII and is still paying for its bad decision.

like putin might be needing to reassert his image after the west has basically just done sochi and laughed about it (hence the reason hes being hardline in ukraine, the russian elite are wondering why he is being a shame to his soviet brethren like krushchev and brezhnev after gorbachev westerned it all up) but he aint so desperate that he's gonna pal up with some dead fat child lookin fella's fat child son. north korea is basically like the spoilt bratty misbehaved cousin that the communist-orientated asian countries all hate and try to ignore when they throw a tantrum cos "i dont want all this stupid party food i want EGG AND CHIPS!!!! GIMME NOW!"

p.s. im totally lookin forward to seein half the posts on page 3 also be what my post says but reiterating the point in too many words. seriously guys i posted about team america before all you twits did.
           

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 09:07 »
And yet it got released online and North Korea can't stop everyone who has seen the movie online. Score one for Sony and the internet!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15 »
yeh score one for True Freedom and Democracy. what a day to be alive, black kids are gettin slaughtered by crap cops but its OK cos the seth rogen movie by a multinational corporation was released after all. god bless.

//i shake hands with Obama (for it is he) while a bald eagle alights on our grip// three cheers for a japanese company and some horrid bald nerds from reddit I guess.
           

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 15:01 »
^What I meant is North Korea failed to stop the release of the film anyway. They couldn't stop Sony.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53 »
apart from the fact that a lot of the soviet stuff is ricketty as heck (sure Tsar Bomba was the most megaton bomb but it was basically just overgregariously so and not as well designed as western atomic bombs)

The Tsar Bomb was a classic case of Cold War penis measuring.

Plus- If China is telling you to calm the hell down because of your human rights record and your nuclear weapons testing; You're doing something REALLY wrong.
[Three Word Rule]