Author Topic: Why do we do this?  (Read 1038 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Why do we do this?
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:23 »
For a lot of us, at night, we never want to get into bed, but in the morning, we never want to get out of it. Why?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Re: Why do we do this?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42 »
well in my case it's a case of severe depression because i just dont want to do the same day over and over and over
mostly people just do it because they like sleeping and dreaming i guess, or they're just tired

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:18 »
im usually too tired to force myself to go upstairs, and as long as im in the same day time is passing slower and i don't have to face up to responsibility just yet and its basically the same getting up as well

thanks gl <3

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 15:44 »
Being a night owl (not a literal owl though I guess that'd be one way to look at it?) probably helps. If you're a morning person you'll probably like getting out of bed but if not, getting into and out of bed sort of sucks.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 21:08 »
Because I hate going to bed and sleeping for 5 hours is hard as hell to wake up to, especially now that I'm a few years older than I was in undergrad and every morning makes me feel like I was hit by a truck.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:33 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 22:27 »
anxiety keeps me from sleeping and depression keeps me from waking up. its a vicious cycle.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 23:18 »
people just do it because they like sleeping and dreaming
Yeah, I do!

or they're just tired
There's also that reason!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 00:28 »
 Probably because my dreams are happier than my life.

Aside from that period where I had waking nightmares along with nightmares for like 3 months lol. Whew.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 10:57 »
maybe humans don't like lying horizontal for the dark hours in their special night clothes hallucinating with their eyes closed

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 18:21 »
I quite like going to bed haha. Totally agree with getting up though, I'll just stay in bed until something forces me out.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 19:38 »
bed is the best and its only getting food and also not getting oversleep serotonin headaches are the only reason that i ever get out of it. i guess occasionally that big Not A Bed place called "outside" or whatever has to be visited when we like run out of milk or red "LAST CHANCE" bills are comin thru the letterbox or some boring unimportant crap like that.

i keep forgetting bed is the best place to be cos its hard  to browse the internet in bed w/o getting sore arms/shoulders? which is why i refuse to go to bed until the sunrise has snuck up on me and ugghhHHHH (blublocker goggles are the only thing keeping me sane and on the up when that happens) i cant say im looking forward to summer cos the sun comes up at 4am and its impossible to mount a blackout blind on my window properly. sigh.

special night clothes

special night clothes are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv my big purple skull camo sleeper

when i am prime minister i am mandating that pajamas are accetpable outsidewear/businesswear/etc cos i love them so much.

people doing the trendy gluten free salad mumsie thing of "look im so busy with my busy family life i come to tescos in my pajamas" will be burned at the steak tho for not Understanding the zen of pajamas cos everyone knows they're just spending all day on their little pinterest microdiktat w red wine at 11am and actually have the time and are fakin it
the other girls who made constant fun out of my matching Star Wars pajama set when we had the weeklong school trip to nottingham in year 7 will be also burned at the steak too for their Hate Crimes

everyone gets a free pair of state-designed button up wool flannel style pajamas. you know wit hthe collars and all that and the cute designs. you better believe im reserving a cool £20b of taxpayer money to force game freak to license an extensive choice of special pokemon pajamas. hell yes i will stock things like a giratina drop-seat kigu for a cool state-subsidised £10, who do you think i am, an amateur?

anyone who disagrees or who doesn't like my Pajama Culture is brutally and mercilessly eviscerated live on national tv by somnambulists (the perfect crime) to prove an example to those who wish to question my rightful judgement

anyway sorry everyone for the long post in the "one liner answers about bed" topic but i love pajamas a whole lot. thanks for reading bye
           

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 03:57 »
When you've gotten into the habit of doing something -- being awake for the whole day and getting things done -- it's hard to just stop, shut yourself off and go to bed. In the morning it takes effort to get out of bed because your body has been lying there for several hours and gotten used to that too. I'm horrible at physics but it's something like inertia, tendency to resist change.