Author Topic: Dark Days and Bright Nights - The Reimagining [Ad][Fu][P][J]  (Read 12257 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Since some interest was shown for starting this over again, here we go! The original topic is here

Like before, expect violence in this role play.

If you were in the previous version, you may use the same character as before, but please repost your form in this topic, it helps me keep track of everything.

It had been about ten years since Kanto was taken over. An entire generation was growing up who had never even heard of pokemon trainers. Talking about pokemon training, pokemon battles, and anything related to the ownership of pokemon was illegal. Even simply mentioning pokemon was risky. The gym leaders and even the elite four and the champion were nothing more than figureheads, no longer possessing any sort of power. The new government, formerly an evil organization, seemingly no different from any of the other evil organizations throughout the world, ruled with an iron fist.

They didn’t seem so bad at first, in fact they were once welcomed into Kanto. Cinnabar Island was home to a volcano, which was known to be active, but thought to be safe enough to build a city on. That is, until the day the inevitable happened. Most were able to make it out okay, but there were casualties, the leader of the Cinnabar Gym being one of them. Cities all around Kanto did everything they could to help, taking refugees in until new houses could be built. However, some 'Good Samaritan' from another nation swooped in to help. They built a rather large refugee camp in Pewter, supposedly off of donations from their home nation. But once everything was starting to settle down, they didn’t leave. Instead, they become the new police force of Pewter. More and more frequently, disasters started occurring, with Kanto’s ‘friends’ always there to save the day. They became more of a presence throughout Kanto, saving cities from disasters and then buying the cities out. Soon, they were all throughout Kanto. They used their new influence to establish new laws; they declared pokemon too dangerous for citizens to have and banned training, legally taking pokemon away from their trainers. Soon, they had full control of the nation.

Now with two nations under their control, Kanto and Sinnoh, Team Galactic had gotten farther than any similar organization had before.

You are old enough to remember the times before this happened, and you want those times back. You, and a group of others with the same goal, plan to take them down. You’re not sure how to go about doing that, but you’re sure you’ll all come up with something.

Like before, everyone will have a partner pokemon, preferably from Kanto, but nothing is saying it has to be from there. There are no pokeballs, so the pokemon will have to be loyal to you. It should also be easy to hide, since keeping them is illegal.

Code: [Select]
[u][b]Character:[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] your name and/or nickname
[b]Age:[/b] 17 or above
[b]Gender:[/b] whatever you want
[b]Appearance:[/b] what you look like and what you are wearing and carrying with you at the beginning
[b]Personality:[/b] what are you like? feel free to leave room for development
[b]History:[/b] this can be as long as you want. try to include how you and your pokemon have fared since the takeover
[b]Other:[/b] (optional) anything else you want to add

[u][b]Pokemon: [/b][/u]

[b]Nickname:[/b] if your pokemon has one
[b]Species:[/b] try to keep it within reason. The smaller and easier to hide, the better
[b]Gender:[/b] if applicable
[b]Starting level:[/b] try to keep this within reason. lv. 30 or lower is preferable.
your pokemon will grow during the rp
[b]Current moveset:[/b] please update as necessary
[b]Personality:[/b] NEW if you did a form for the last rp, please add this.
what is your pokemon like
[b]Other Details:(optional) any other details we might need to know

[b]Starter Post:[/b] we are meeting on the Vermilion entrance of Diglett Tunnel.
Tell us how you got there and what you do once there.
My character will already be there

Age should be 17 or above. Too much less and it gets iffy how much they can remember from 10 years ago. If your move set changes during the rp, please update your current moveset in your form.

Accepted Characters

Anise Black - Dusk(Gastly)  (dragoncat)
Cole Alexander - Thread(Buizel) (SirBlaziken)
Elle Vargas - Raze((sh)Charmeleon) (DisturbedHaxorus)
Cameron Hite - Sickens (Ekans) (E.K.A.N.S.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:28 by dragoncat »
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Well, here's my character again. I'm tweaking her a little, but she's more or less the same.

Character:

Name: Anise Black
Appearance: She is about average height, has dark brown (could easily be mistaken for black), shoulder length hair, which she sometimes ties back. She has dark brown eyes. Her wardrobe consists of two dull coloured tee-shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and a pair of sneakers. She keeps whatever she isn’t wearing in a backpack that she keeps whatever supplies she thinks they’ll need in, usually hastily thrown in, making it quite disorganized.

Personality: She has a cheerful nature, though that has toned down significantly since the takeover, but it still manages to show through with her optimism. She feels a strong connection with Ghost types, because of how much time she spent with them. Lavender Town was a small town that wasn’t home to many families, so there weren’t many other children there, and those that were there were not close to her age, so she grew up a pretty solitary person. She doesn’t really like having too many people around, and she’s a little awkward, but when she is comfortable she is pretty easy going.

History: She spent a lot of time playing in Pokemon tower. She loved pokemon, but when she was young she wasn't allowed to leave the town, so the tower was the only place she could meet them. She was friends with all the pokemon in the tower, especially with a Ghastly she named Dusk and a Cubone she named Skully, who she called her best friends.

When Team Galactic bought the tower, they quickly captured almost all of the pokemon who lived in it, including Skully, but Dusk managed to escape. Thankfully, Ghost types are easier to hide than most other types, so keeping her a secret wasn’t hard. She and Dusk had stayed together ever since.

She is determined to find a way to free all of the tower’s pokemon and find Cubone, and hopefully, find a way to end Galactic’s reign of terror.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Dusk
Species: Gastly
Starting level: 23
Current moveset: Lick, Mean Look, Night Shade, Confuse Ray
Personality: Dusk is pretty much what you would expect of a Gastly, she is mischievous and playful, and enjoys pranks, which she often get in trouble for. She is very loyal to Anise and will usually listen to her. Usually. She hates the wind, she's afraid strong winds will blow her apart.

Starter Post:

Anise poked at the dying embers of a small fire she had made inside of Diglett’s Tunnel, near the Vermilion entrance, the meeting place she and the others decided on. It seemed the most accessible place to meet, since many towns and cities were close to one of the entrances, with most close to this one, and anyone closer to the Pewter entrance could simply make their way through the tunnel.

She was the first there; she poorly predicted how long it would take to get from Lavender Town to here, so she left too early. She sighed as she continued poking the embers with a stick. The stick caught fire and she threw it on top of the embers, and then grabbed the last few pieces of wood she had gathered and placed them in the renewed flame, bringing the fire back to its initial size. She was a little worried about GPF (Galactic Police Force) noticing her little camp fire, which would cause all sorts of problems, but she was situated safely in an alcove, deep enough into the tunnel to keep her completely hidden from anyone outside, and there was a light wind blowing into the tunnel, taking the smoke with it. She was more worried about the fact that she had no more firewood and the sun hadn’t set yet.
“Dusk,” she spoke to the Ghastly who was hovering a few feet away from her, farther into their hiding place to protect herself from the wind, “could you go collect some more firewood?”

Dusk gave her a look to say that Anise must be crazy if she thinks she is going out into the wind. “Oh, come on, there isn’t even that much wind,” she scoffed. Dusk simply glared at her in protest. The ‘conversation’ quickly became a staring contest between the two, until Dusk gave up and left to fulfill her request. “Thank you,” Anise responded, sounding rather satisfied with herself. She still sort of wondered how the Ghastly could pick things even though she was mostly just gas, but apparently it worked.

She hoped one of her friends would show up tonight, but she couldn’t be sure. Most, if not all of them lived in different towns and cities, so it would take some of them a few days to get here if they traveled by foot. She just hoped most of them would arrive around the same time, so they wouldn’t have to try to hide too many people and pokemon in the small alcove she hid in. At least she wouldn’t have to worry about Dusk, who knew to hide herself as soon as she heard someone coming.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:45 by dragoncat »
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
(( yo, quick question thingy. i have a johto native who'd been on a journey prior to the whole takeover thing and entered kanto willingly once galactic had taken over under the guise of acting... except i'm not sure if she'd fit in, as per se? would she be a good character for the RP? maybe i should tone down... hmm, colour me interested though, i'll post an app in place of this post soon. If she's a bit too experienced I'll just nab another character with a murkrow or pidgey, prolly. ))

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
She sounds interesting, I think she'd be okay, as long as her pokemon isn't too leveled, I had some problems with that last time.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Mind saving me a spot? I know what mon I want to use I just need to think of a character concept.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Sure, that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline DisturbedHaxorus

• Holder of all Knowledge
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stop pulling on my leash, you!
    • View Profile
Yeah, now I remember th likely reason the last thread died - lack of availability. I'll try logging in & checking more often. Just need to find a few minutes to rewrite my starter post on desktop.  :)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

-"The name's Hax...DisHax."

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Character:

Name: Cole Alexander

Appearance: He's about the average (thinking American) height and weight with messy brown hair and pale green eyes. Cole wears a pair of jeans with a couple of simple t-shirts, but that really doesn't matter since he usually wears a hoodie over it along with a beaten up pair of sneakers. He travels light supplywise despite the size of his backpack (see history).

Personality: Cole has always been a little subdued overall but is generally in a good mood and slow to make angry, because he's had to be since everything is a bit off and has been for a while. He also has a strong sense of justice, which was instilled in him by his father. Also, he doesn't really get embarrassed easily due to how he hid his pokemon (see history).

History: Cole is originally from Sinnoh, but got his buizel as a pet (of sorts) only a few months before his family moved to Kanto, and only a few months later (unbeknownst to them), Team Galactic seized Sinnoh. After pokemon were declared illegal, almost all of the pokemon were seized overnight. However, the buizel had slipped through the cracks because it looked oddly like a plushie model of the same pokemon. So this was how it was hid over the years, oddly enough never looked deteriorated (which honestly should've been a big tipoff. Luckily everyone was at the game corner or didn't look closely enough). Over time, though, Cole's mom helped him and his pokemon develop the disguise better (like helping it learn to sit eerily still, ruffling the fur up....etc.) so that is was more believable. It's not perfect, but it fools most people. Cole heard about this huge undertaking and decided to slip out of the city to join the group.

Other: N/A

Pokemon:

Nickname: Thread (keeping with the plushie thing)

Species: Buizel

Starting level: 24

Current moveset: Sonicboom, Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Tail Slap

Personality: Thread is usually calm, due to the massive amounts of time it spends practically frozen in time. However, if the coast is clear, his true colors show, that being a playful and high energy mon, almost like a small child. (leaving it simple because I don't know how to explain this better).

Other Details: As stated above, he hides as a stuffed toy/plushie version, so the fur is a little softer and more ruffled. Plus this will require advance warning to pull off (such as stowing away in the bag). If not battling or hiding, he usually rides of Cole's shoulders it's kinda cute actually.

Starter Post:

((My speech for my own reference will be in navy))

"Just a little further....." Cole says to himself in a hushed whisper. He sneaks along, keeping a close eye out of the GPF. They were a less lax than they were in Celadon, meaning that he couldn't just waltz along. Cole had set out that morning and had eaten little since he had left. To his relief, the police hadn't shown up. However, a voice rang out:

"HOLD IT!"

Cole stops dead in his tracks, and a policeman walks out of his hiding place. "What are you doing out here at this hour with that bag, mister?" he asks in a very suspicious and harsh tone. "I'm just passing through, is there a problem?" Cole replies, attempting to keep a respectful tone. The policeman stares at him for a moment, then responds "Yes, because you shouldn't be out at this hour for your own safety." empathizing the last part. "I, however, would be glad to let you through if you would let me search your bag." Without waiting for a reply, the policeman takes the bag from Cole and goes through it. "Shirt....socks.....wait. What in the hell?" He lifts what appears to be a plushie buizel out of the bag. "Aren't you a little old to be carried around a stuffed toy?" he asks in a cruel a mocking tone with a sneer on his face. Cole swiftly replies "It's not of any trouble is it?" The policeman looks it over, then puts everything back and hands the bag back to him, and simply walks away snickering. Cole rolls his eyes and continues on.

Not too long after that, he looks around and walks into the designated cave. A fire is going and a girl is already there. Cole sits down and sets his bag down on the ground beside him. "The coast is clear." he whispers. Seconds later, a buizel emerges from the bag and sits in his lap. Cole looks around, deciding to see if anyone else would arrive, not knowing what to say.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 19:29 by SirBlaziken »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Looks good. Just one thing, Galactic would have taken over Sinnoh at least a couple years before Kanto, so did Cole's family move to Kanto before Galactic took over Sinnoh? It would still work, but in order to have a Sinnoh pokemon, they would have had to move then. You don't have to change anything, I just wanted to clear that up.

Anyway, since no more people have shown interest, I think we can get started as soon as DisturbedHaxorus and Poison are done their forms. No rush though, I don't mind waiting, gives me more time to plan things.

If anyone else in interested, say so now so I know to wait for you.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
I'll edit that a tad in order for that to make more sense, and I might possibly bump the topic in a few days if no one else comments.

Edit: And done
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 19:59 by SirBlaziken »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks, looks good now, I don't see any problems.

Also, just to make note of this here, I'm going allow people to join after we start if they want to. Not sure yet if I'd have them pm me their form or post it in the old topic, since that won't be used anymore. I'll try to keep this alive as long as I can, so I may write people out if they become inactive and do interest checks when things become quiet instead of just letting it die. I'll try to only let it die when people are no longer interested at all, not because we got stuck on something. Or if we somehow reach our goal and everyone is satisfied with it ending. Either way, I want it to end when everyone wants it to end, not when we hit a wall.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
As you've previously seen with me, I probably won't drop off until there's like no one else posting and I don't want to double post/don't have anything to post. You'll at least have 1 person in this

Also please note that in July, i'll be gone for a few days on vacation (or that's the plan at least).

E.C.A.M.B.S.

I'd like to join, but I'm busy so it's unlikely that I'll have my form done tomorrow or the day after.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Oh, sure! That's no problem, I don't mind waiting.

Offline DisturbedHaxorus

• Holder of all Knowledge
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stop pulling on my leash, you!
    • View Profile
Pow! That took long enough.

Character:

Name: Elle Vargas

Appearance: 5'5, lean build. Often assumed to be harmless because of this, but can beat someone within an inch of their life if threatened. Incredibly pale,  has naturally straight waist-length scarlet hair and bright blue eyes. Wears tight, faded jeans with several cuts in the right thigh, dark gray T-shirt and sneakers, and dons a black hooded sweatshirt in cold weather or "night ops". She keeps a five-inch knife strapped to her leg under her pants, a lockpicking set in one of her shoes,  and a broken mega ring on a  silver chain around her neck.

Personality: Resourceful and quick-witted. She's sometimes mistaken to be cold and distant, but this has always been when she was occupied with studying and tracking a target. When not on the job, Elle is wily and amiable, at least on the outside. Beneath the surface, though, her mind just never stops analyzing people, trying to discern how best to take their belongings or win them over as an ally. Her outwardly easygoing nature has made her quite a few friends and contacts in the dark underbelly of Celadon and its neighboring Saffron. In social situations, she is constantly joking with, and teasing, people. She operates well under pressure, moving quickly if put in a tight spot but still keeping her head and putting it to work finding a way to get out unscathed... and making sure any adversaries don't leave that way.

History: Elle grew up in the streets of Celadon's bad side, fleeing from a group home when she was small. She made her way as a pickpocket forn the first few years, then graduated to b&e. At the age of six, she discovered the abandoned basement of the game Corner while looking for a place to stay. After a short time wandering around, she came across a tiny yellow lizard locked in a cage, left behind after the Rockets cleared out. The oddly colored charmander became her constant companion, helping in her less-than-legal activities and occasionally taking a few battles for food-and-clothes money. Hers and her Pokemon's life were affected little when Galactic took over; the pair simply retreated underground for a while. As far as anyone can tell, she only joined in the rebellion for the fun of taking down a major crime organization.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Raze
Species: (Sh) Charmeleon
Starting level: 34
Current moveset: Flame burst, Ancientpower, dragon pulse, shadow claw (TM received as payment for winnig dissident battle tournament)
Other Details: Raze is absolutely ruthless in battle. Any opportunity to KO her opponent, no matter how cruel or unfair, is taken without hesitation - all the better to leave a foe incapacitated and unable to harm her companion. Outside of combat, she shares her trainer's wily nature, and loves to send small bursts of fire at people or Pokemon. She evolved just recently, after wiping out a flock of wild spearow during the pair's move to the Digglett tunnel.

Starter Post: The frigid night wind put a chill through the pair crouched at the edge of the woods. The figure on the right raised its hood, wisps of crimson hair flying around the edges of the cloth. The other simply raised its internal temperature, smoke rising from its nostrils as a flare at the end of the being's electric-yellow tail glowed for a moment before returning to a small jet of flame.
"I hate when you do that, you know... You'll give away our position."
The human reached out and grabbed the horn protruding from her companion's head and gave it a playful shake. A hissing rumble sounded from the creature's throat, and its tail thumped against the girl's back. She chuckled. "Whatever, Raze. Just wait a little longer. Five minutes, and I'll have you full of the best stuff this puny town has to offer."
Elle turned back to take in the city, almost sneering. Vermillion was tiny compared to what she'd seen all her life; the fishing town's tallest building was a lone hotel, and that was barely three floors. It didn't matter, anyway. They'd only be here for half an hour tops, then off to the meeting place. She was still a bit suspicious of that brunette's plan. How did she know the rest weren't Galactic's informants, sent to sniff her out? Who was to say they weren't just waiting for the right time, whenever that was? Then again, in the two years since she made payroll off of those stolen silph scopes, the organization hadn't been able to find her
The sound of Raze's impatient growl brought Elle out of her paranoid trance. What was wrong with her? If they hadn't tracked the stolen goods back to her by now, odds were they never would. Her eyes flicked over the city's dim lights once more, then she leaned in close to her partner. The near-invisible steam emanating from the lizard's flesh was blissfully warm; she was almost tempted to just snuggle the pokemon like she did when she was little. But there was work to be done.
"Alright," she whispered. "Here's your part..."

Some twenty minutes later, Vermilion City's police force was pacing around and inside a local couple's home, questioning the frightened pair and inspecting a large hole in one wall. What the thieves had taken, for this was clearly a robbery, wasn't nearly as troubling as the nature of the hole. Rather than having been broken, the glass was melted at the edges of the jagged opening. Whatever the cause, it had to be hot enough to vaporize glass and controlled enough to leave the house standing. The crime would go unsolved, but the residents and local law enforcement involved would puzzle about the incident for weeks to come.

Changed slightly, nothing major. Ready to roll, boss!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

-"The name's Hax...DisHax."