Author Topic: Dark Days and Bright Nights - The Reimagining [Ad][Fu][P][J]  (Read 12257 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Looks good! Though that's not really a surprise, since she was accepted before, haha.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Can't wait for this to get started no, this isn't a bump post. yes it is....
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
(( still interested, though ill join in later as ive ran into some things. the app is mostly done tho :D ))

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update, as I didn't want dragoncat to go through the trouble of planning only for everyone to jump ship at the last moment.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

I'm almost done with my form.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Days and Bright Nights - The Reimagining [Ad][Fu][P][J]
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 00:10 »
Okay, I guess we'll start once E.K.A.N.S. form is done. I don't mind waiting for you, poison, but I'm not sure about everyone else. I just don't want people losing interest if we don't start soon. If you want to jump in later, that's fine ^_^

I really hope that doesn't sound rude, I'm so sorry if it does
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09 »
Form is done

Character:

Name: Cameron Hite
Appearance: Cam is 5’11” with dark gray eyes. Some of his light brown hair is spiked up, but rains have matted most of it down so that it hangs slightly over his forehead. He has on sneakers, jeans and a high-collared black leather jacket, under which he wears a white t-shirt. In his backpack he carries lighter clothing, including light green shorts and a black t-shirt with an Ekans design. He usually doesn’t wear this shirt because apparently it’s a “symbol of protest.”

Personality: Cam is passionate about ending Team Galactic’s reign, but instead of expressing hate for the organization, he channels this passion into his dramatic motions and manner of speaking. His exaggerated sense of adventure is so ridiculous that it’s almost amusing. On the outside, he doesn’t seem to take things very seriously.

History: Cam lived in Cerulean City his whole life, while his father worked for some shady organization in Celadon City. Ekans had been a gift for his upcoming 10th birthday. It was going to be his starter Pokémon, until Team Galactic gained control of the Kanto region. They would have taken Ekans away for good, but the Pokémon evaded capture by burrowing underground in the yard. Cam didn’t lose Ekans that day, but Galactic’s new laws had a lasting impact on his family. Businesses that relied on Pokémon’s services were forced to close. His father was unable to find work after he lost his job. The nationwide ban was tearing the household apart. In the end, Cam left Cerulean City for two reasons: to join in a plot to overthrow Team Galactic, and to no longer be a burden on his family.

Pokémon:

Nickname: Sickens
Species: Ekans
Starting level: 25
Current moveset: Dig, Poison Tail, Aqua Tail, Bite
Personality: Sickens is a reserved creature that spends most of his time hiding up Cam’s sleeve, coiled around his arm. The Pokémon has extremely sharp senses and can shoot out of its hiding place to attack any enemy that threatens its trainer. Sickens is overprotective of Cam and very suspicious around strangers, quick to interpret any sudden movement as an attack. Cam has learned to control this, but Sickens still shows little emotion other than its protectiveness.

Other: Cam and Sickens are very in sync with one another. In battle they fight as one; neither stands on the sidelines as the other does the fighting. Cam wonders where his father obtained Sickens due to its diverse moveset.

Starter Post:

Almost immediately after he left his house, Cam was stopped by the police and shoved into a Pokémon Center. Well, since Pokémon were illegal, it was more like “the Center” now, but the place still had a fitting room. Cam was ordered to change out of his Ekans shirt because it was a “symbol of protest.” That’s how it was now. Pokémon were banned. Even talking about them could get you in trouble. But now wearing Pokémon-themed clothing was risky? It’s not like some ordinary person passing by on the street would look at a t-shirt and suddenly start a riot. Cam couldn’t wrap his head around this whole “symbol of protest” thing quite like Sickens could wrap his tail around his arm.

“Well, I’ve got a plain white t-shirt,” Cam said, looking through his bag, “I’ll put this on so I don’t start any riots. I can do that later...” The police watched him carefully as he left the Center, deciding not to confiscate his Ekans shirt. What would they do with it, anyway? If they’d truly believed that the shirt was so dangerous, they would’ve taken it without hesitation.

But all of that happened days ago. By now, Cerulean City was far behind and so was the sun. Cam entered Diglett’s Cave, and already Ekans could sense someone’s presence. “Come on, try to look a little more presentable!” Cam said as he poked Sickens, who seemed poised to attack. Having made sure the Ekans wouldn’t bite, he walked right over to the firelight, threw his pack aside, and dropped down. “Well, here I am! Diglett’s Cave... without the Diglett.”
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:09 by E.K.A.N.S. »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 05:26 »
Looks good! Well, I guess we'll get started! Poison, when you finish your form, just send it to me and if everything looks good you can put it in this thread. You don't have to write a starter until you put it in the thread. Does that sound good? (this is just a final call before I start, partly because I feel bad starting without you, partly because I'm too tired to write the first post tonight... If you're okay with this, we'll start tomorrow, hopefully.)

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 00:49 »
Thinking over my application for a couple of days, I realized some flaws in my story (as in everything else pokemon is banned). So let's just say the cops in Celadon really didn't care enough to really do their jobs as well as say, Vermilion or Cerulean City's force and that could mean problems down the road. Just letting you guys know in advance so I don't spring it on you in the middle of it.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 07:15 »
((Well, let's get started!))

Anise sighed at Cam's comment, "Well hopefully we can fix that." She looked around at the group that had gathered, "Well, looks like everyone's here. Dusk, can you do a perimeter check? Make sure no more then 'everyone' is here."

Dusk flew off outside the tunnel and out of sight. "Once she get's back and we can be sure we're in the clear, we can discuss our strategy. Until then, why don't we get to know each other a little better? First, how was everyone's journey here? And do you have any reason to suspect someone may have followed you?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 14:22 »
((I'd forgotten who I was so I had to look back at my application))

Cole's ears perk up at Anise's questions. Finally something to do. He thinks of how to respond quickly and then replies, "My journey here was mostly uneventful. I did get stopped by lone patrolman but honestly he seemed more interested in trying not to suffocate laughing than to arrest me." Cole blushes a little bit and sighs. "I least the cops here are like the ones in Celadon, otherwise Thread here and I wouldn't have made it." The buizel had gone eerily still and long since been back in its little disguise.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 03:57 »
     Cam had a sudden burst of energy when he heard Cole talking about how uneventful his journey was. “Man, you and your Buizel plushie got off easy. When I was just five steps from my house in Cerulean, I had cops all over me! No idea what was going on, but the next thing I knew I was getting shoved into a Pokémon Center,” Cam went on, telling the whole thing with the shock of someone who’d just experienced it. “They made me change out of my Ekans shirt cause it was a symbol of protest or something... And then they didn’t even take it! I didn’t hurt myself, but I was so confused after that.” When his energy died down, he added, “Oh yeah, I’m Cam by the way.”
     Suddenly he felt Sickens tighten around his arm and raise its head. Its piercing yellow eyes were on Thread. The disguise might’ve fooled Cam, but the Ekans sensed that the Buizel was very much alive. “And this little guy up my sleeve, that’s Sickens.”
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:59 by E.K.A.N.S. »

Offline DisturbedHaxorus

• Holder of all Knowledge
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stop pulling on my leash, you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 04:22 »
She couldn't help smirking at the mention of Celadon, barely managing to stifle a chuckle. Elle had to wonder if she'd seen Cole on the streets before. She almost drifted away, lost in thought, then after a moment realized all eyes had turned to her.
"Oh, we're up?" She shared a look with the amber-hued lizard curled up at her feet, giggled, before continuing. "I'd say pretty much the same as them," she said, nodding toward Cole. "No major problems, aside from a little clash with a flock of birds. Oh, and by the way, that's when she changed form," she finished with a grin, giving Raze a scratching on the head. The draconic beast purred at her touch, letting loose a proud spark of flame from her jaws.
"Anyway...name's Elle, and you can call our scaly friend here Raze."
As a brief silence fell, it started to seem obvious she'd finished her introduction.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

-"The name's Hax...DisHax."

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 05:08 »
Just as Elle's introduction was finishing up, Dusk floated back in. "Is the coast clear?" she asked. Dusk nodded. She breathed a sigh or relief.
"Oh, I'm Anise, by the way, and this is Dusk, my best friend," she gestured toward the Gastly. "We had no problem getting here, the GPF doesn't really pathol much around Lavender Town."

She took her backpack and searched through it for a moment, eventually pulling out a map and laying it on the ground so everyone could see. "Okay, so, I have a few ideas on where to go. First, there's Pewter City, which as everyone knows is their base of operations. Second, there's Pallet Town. Rumor has it that Prof. Oak has been resisting Galactic since day one. He may be able to help us in some way. Finally, there's Fuschia City. They have destroyed the Safari Zone and built something up, that much is known, but they never said what it was for. I think that is where they are keeping the pokemon the stole. It makes sense."

She sat up and took a deep breath. "I want to say we should go to Fuschia first and free as many pokemon as we can, but that could easily backfire and make us wanted criminals if we are spotted, so maybe we should go to Pallet first and see if we can get more information." She looked around at the others, trying to gauge their thoughts, "Well, what do you think?"

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2016, 07:02 »
     “You know what, I’d want to rush in and straight up destroy Galactic, but you’re right,” Cam answered. “I’m with you on Pallet Town. Oak might know something about that Fuchsia place, and if he’s resisting the GPF, I’m willing to bet he’s got starter Pokémon stashed away somewhere. We might just get our hands on one of those Blastoise with three cannons! Now that would blow the bad guys away.”
     His imagination ran wild. When taking down a crime organization every move has to be carefully planned and calculated, but otherwise this was the Pokémon adventure Cam had missed out on as a kid. But this whole undertaking was something he definitely took seriously, even though he didn’t really show it. If Team Galactic’s rule ended, then Cam’s father could get his job back and things would go back to the way they were. Then, he’d return home, maybe even as a national hero. But that was his wild imagination talking again.
     Sickens’ tail appeared from Cam’s other sleeve and followed the path on the map from Diglett’s Cave to Pallet Town. He hadn't realized it before, but they'd have to pass through either Pewter or Fuchsia to even get to Pallet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:09 by E.K.A.N.S. »