Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67823 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2021, 11:01 »
i now have a doctorate, what happened

EDIT: i just disabled my signature
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2021, 13:51 »
How did you disable your signature?

It's a bit random for a mod to do that!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2021, 16:53 »
congrats to hrh dr lord raven!!! what did you do your thesis about???? if its ok to ask

How did you disable your signature?

It's a bit random for a mod to do that!

secret benefits on the forum if you do a doctorate, you permenantly exchange your sig for forbidden powers
           

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2021, 17:11 »
*rises from the grave*

Don't ask me how I got back on here or why. Just saying hi. I used to be extremely active on this site eons ago before adult life jaded me and ruined everything. I started using this website when I was like 11 or 12, deleted my account, and made another one around the time I was 16.

I turn 30 next month... goodness gracious.

Also I'm shocked my old sig is still here.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2021, 00:11 »
i now have a doctorate, what happened

EDIT: i just disabled my signature

congrats!!

I started thinking about this place recently, it sounds weird but I'm not even sure I feel much nostalgia over it - like obviously I do and I have memories and people I miss but in general I still kind of feel....pretty much the same as I did when I was on IRC and stuff. I'm 30 now too (hhhhhhhhh) but I don't look it or feel it so life has just kind of continued as-is for me, I never went through like a growing-up period. I travel more, wear cooler clothes and do more interesting fun stuff with friends but I still feel like I'm just one level of self-awareness away from unironically using 'xD', that face was an absolute workhorse back in the day. if the rawr-ing 20s actually happens I'm busting it out again, I don't even care

also yeah rip avril, an angel taken from us too soon xox avril 2.0 is fine I guess, we make do.

Offline girafariggoose

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 28, 2021, 23:25 »
Reading this in 2021 has really brought me back. I joined back in 2005/2006 and used to post under the name Tim|Legendary Beast. I was about 12 so was in full on cringe mode. If anyone remembers me, I frequented the Role play board among a few others and talked a lot to people like Akari. One of those people who was very into using "teh" instead of "the" for some reason. I also started the "Laguna pwns Cloud" war. That is a surreal thing to type.

I remember having a dramatic moment of deleting my account. And then briefly came back? It seems like a different lifetime. A couple of other memories come to mind:
-"Y r girls so hot???"
-Sappy and the comic he made. I think I was a Cyndaquil in it haha.
-The live pokemon role playing board, where you had a team and llinked in with other people's adventures. I remember writing a whole load of stuff for that. Was it called pokemon live... something? Pokemon live connection?
-Wasn't there also a pkmn.net card game at one point?
-I remember there was an april fools where if you typed "pokemon" it changed it to "digimon". Still makes me laugh.
-Also the girl someone else mentioned a few pages back who was really into Drake and Josh and Paramore and used to angrily shout a lot for some reason.

Anyway, was nice to see some familiar names and hope everyone is doing well. :)

EDIT: Just found the live connection board and the thread about the card game. Can't believe that's all still there.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 00:08 by girafariggoose »

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #381 on: January 02, 2022, 02:25 »
Reading this in 2021 has really brought me back. I joined back in 2005/2006 and used to post under the name Tim|Legendary Beast. I was about 12 so was in full on cringe mode. If anyone remembers me, I frequented the Role play board among a few others and talked a lot to people like Akari. One of those people who was very into using "teh" instead of "the" for some reason. I also started the "Laguna pwns Cloud" war. That is a surreal thing to type.

I remember having a dramatic moment of deleting my account. And then briefly came back? It seems like a different lifetime. A couple of other memories come to mind:
-"Y r girls so hot???"
-Sappy and the comic he made. I think I was a Cyndaquil in it haha.
-The live pokemon role playing board, where you had a team and llinked in with other people's adventures. I remember writing a whole load of stuff for that. Was it called pokemon live... something? Pokemon live connection?
-Wasn't there also a pkmn.net card game at one point?
-I remember there was an april fools where if you typed "pokemon" it changed it to "digimon". Still makes me laugh.
-Also the girl someone else mentioned a few pages back who was really into Drake and Josh and Paramore and used to angrily shout a lot for some reason.

Anyway, was nice to see some familiar names and hope everyone is doing well. :)

EDIT: Just found the live connection board and the thread about the card game. Can't believe that's all still there.

i remember you!!! been a while.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2022, 22:11 »
*rises from the grave*

Don't ask me how I got back on here or why. Just saying hi. I used to be extremely active on this site eons ago before adult life jaded me and ruined everything. I started using this website when I was like 11 or 12, deleted my account, and made another one around the time I was 16.

I turn 30 next month... goodness gracious.

Also I'm shocked my old sig is still here.

if you ever see this give me your social medias or something i miss being tumglr mutuals 😭

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Dracon

• Manaphy Manaphy!
  • Sentret Fan
  • I SAID YOU'RE ZETTA SLOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 22, 2022, 04:06 »
I logged back in out of curiosity for how this site was going. I spent my early teen years glued to this website, now I'm turning 30. I know it's dead, and I don't really care about Pokemon anymore, but I had a lot of great times here, making inside jokes in our little corner of the internet, debating over nonsense with our half-baked adolescent brains, quoting each other in our signatures. I hope everyone here is doing well, and I hope you have as good of memories of me as I have of you. If anyone remembers me, hey, it's Dracon. I didn't forget you either. I hope you're killing it.

Offline nalty.

• Typhlosion Fan
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2022, 21:49 »
I logged back in out of curiosity for how this site was going. I spent my early teen years glued to this website, now I'm turning 30. I know it's dead, and I don't really care about Pokemon anymore, but I had a lot of great times here, making inside jokes in our little corner of the internet, debating over nonsense with our half-baked adolescent brains, quoting each other in our signatures. I hope everyone here is doing well, and I hope you have as good of memories of me as I have of you. If anyone remembers me, hey, it's Dracon. I didn't forget you either. I hope you're killing it.

glad to see you are out of prison

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2022, 23:01 »
congrats to hrh dr lord raven!!! what did you do your thesis about???? if its ok to ask

secret benefits on the forum if you do a doctorate, you permenantly exchange your sig for forbidden powers

oh yeah i need to check this place more

condensed matter physics & optics, i basically shoot lasers at thin materials
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Dracon

• Manaphy Manaphy!
  • Sentret Fan
  • I SAID YOU'RE ZETTA SLOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2022, 03:09 »
glad to see you are out of prison

I'm f**king amazed that you remembered that detail about my life. Yeah, I got out. Got a degree, finished my parole, never want back after ten years. I've been a good boy.

Offline Wix

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2022, 04:14 »
wow, amazed i still remembered the password for my account haha

it's been a while! not sure how memorable i was/am; i do recognize a few names here and there though :) i remember loving this place and spending hours here. i'm 28 now, working as a paralegal, about to celebrate 5 years with my partner, moving next week, all that good stuff. still love pokemon with all my heart, still longing for the simpler days of internet forums. feels good to be back even if for just a brief moment

Offline Just Briana

• Rex Fan
  • A girl who grew up on this website ♡
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #388 on: August 09, 2022, 15:41 »
I will forever log into this site just to see how many other people have been on it for so long. I was glued to this site when I was 13/14… turned 27 this year and had a daughter of my own. I can still remember this part of my life so vividly, pkmn.bet will always be so special to me and all the friends I made back then! I constantly wonder about all of those really cool people I met who are all spread out all over the world. So surreal

Its madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2022, 13:21 »
For what might be the first time, I've actually visited here and remembered it was my accounts birthday! 20 years old, probably older than the majority of people visiting pokemon fan sites/discords these days.

I remember the excitement leading up to "Pokemon Advanced" when I first registered, the chatter every time we saw a new pokemon revealed, the theories about Team Magma/Aqua and everyone changing their avatar to pick a side beforehand. The constant speculation and straw-clutching people go to to convince themselves that the upcoming generation will have multiple regions in it seems to be one of the constants through the decades.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 14:47 by RocketMember002 »