Poll

Which of the below-mentioned Pokémon do you prefer?

Porygon-Z
3 (75%)
Zoroark
1 (25%)
FEGELEIN!
0 (0%)
None of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: May I receive help from you, please?  (Read 1253 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
May I receive help from you, please?
« on: March 02, 2014, 15:37 »
I have been EV training some simple Pokémon, like Pinsir or Blastoise; but I have trouble deciding how I should raise some rarely-seen Pokémon. Those are Porygon-Z (called Dolan-Z) and Zorua/Zoroark.

Porygon-Z is modest with Download, so, if you are familiar with these features, you know that I am talking about making it an Agility set-up sweeper. Of course, it must run 252 SpA, but the problem is deciding the speed. What threats should I take into consideration? If I knew that for sure, I would be able to set a speed such that, after Agility, would be able to outspeed it.

Zorua/Zoroark... some of the same. It has to run 252 speed, but the problem is its nature: hasty (I got it via Wonder Trade, so don't ask why it is not naive). I don't have a clear idea how I should split both attack and special attack, so a hand from you would be very handy (pun intended).

Regards.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: May I receive help from you, please?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 15:50 »
Porygon-Z by a long shot. Tri attack with 252 SpA is really good.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 16:01 »
I'd say P-Z here too - its stronger, bulkier (marginally xD) and looks cuter P=

405 SpA, potentially with 1.5x boost is amazing, and 90 Base Speed isn't so slow at +2.

One thing to remember with P-Z is that it quite likes HP Fighting (not as essential anymore though) so it might be a little... lacking in coverage without it =/
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 16:03 »
I think you did not understand the grace of this topic: I will use both Pokémon, but I don't know HOW. Hence, I am asking for some spreads for the things I am missing. Porygon-Z runs Tri, Dark Pulse, Agility + Filler; while Zoroark is still a mystery.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 16:17 »
For Zoroark you want to run 252 SpA/252 Spd. Does it have sucker punch?
For Porygon-Z, smogon recommends 160 Spd but I can't say I personally know why.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 16:21 »
For Zoroark you want to run 252 SpA/252 Spd. Does it have sucker punch?
For Porygon-Z, smogon recommends 160 Spd but I can't say I personally know why.

Yes, I received Sucker Punch, along with Counter and Extrasensory (lol) as egg moves. It was a weird day of breeding and trading.
Why I was wondering about the SpA was because there has been a nerf and because of Assault Vest.

And Z's speed is to outspeed Choice Scarf Mienshao, which is not seen nowadays; that's why I am asking for new threats, like Adamant 76-speed Talonflame; but since I have yet to meet it and Porygon has some bulk I don't know how to act with it.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 16:40 »
Yes, I received Sucker Punch, along with Counter and Extrasensory (lol) as egg moves. It was a weird day of breeding and trading.
Why I was wondering about the SpA was because there has been a nerf and because of Assault Vest.

And Z's speed is to outspeed Choice Scarf Mienshao, which is not seen nowadays; that's why I am asking for new threats, like Adamant 76-speed Talonflame; but since I have yet to meet it and Porygon has some bulk I don't know how to act with it.
Running physical attack or special attack is more down to personal preference and team composition than anything else. His Special Attack is higher than his physical attack, and he has access to both nasty plot and swords dance, so on paper he should be used a special sweeper but you could try a cheesy tactic with disguising as a set-up physical sweeper like pinsir or something.
Its still probably worth being able to outspeed CS Mienshao. Talonflame will always go for the priority brave bird just to be sure it can outspeed you. It might be worth trying to outspeed azumarill although it seems popular to just go for 252atk/252hp on it.