Author Topic: What is Mantis?  (Read 9318 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
What is Mantis?
« on: March 09, 2020, 17:30 »
I don't very often (if ever) use the navigation bar on the top of the site, but I noticed something earlier when I used it.

Information | Interactivity | Community | Site

If you hover over where it says Site, the second page on the list says Mantis. All it does when you click on it is give you an error message!

Spoiler: show
APPLICATION ERROR #400

Database connection failed. Error received from database was #0: PHP Support for database is not enabled.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

What is/was supposed to be on that page?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
Re: What is Mantis?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 17:55 »
It's a bug/feature tracker that I used when development on the site was more active.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 18:27 »
I think it is a real shame that this website isn't as active as it used to be. It could definitely do with a lot of updating.

Offline pika.ana

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:02 »
I think it is a real shame that this website isn't as active as it used to be. It could definitely do with a lot of updating.

I agree. I´m new here and I had hoped that the site would be a little more active. It´s still nice to go through older discussions but still - exchanging would be a lot easier if there was more traffic here.
"It’s what you do that determines who you are".

Offline DaveTheTrainer

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 04:19 »
The site peaked around 2008, since then the world has changed and online communities don't really use these sorts of forums any more. It's a great shame.

Most of us grew up, too. With that comes responsibilities and commitments that come ahead of spending time on sites like this one. Sites like blocked are still going but there's less of a community, and smaller places like this just didn't stay updated which made traffic decline. That said, this community saw me through some tough times as a teenager, so I'll always be thankful that it's still around.