General Category > General Pokémon Discussion

How good is the type coverage?

(1/2) > >>

Petzbreeder:
Not sure where to put this.

Now that Virtual Console Gold and Silver have been confirmed, I want to be able to use one of my all time favourite movesets legitimately again. I don't know how good the type coverage of the moveset is though.

It is legitimately possible to get a Sentret/Furret in Gold/Silver with:
Dynamic Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

How many different types does this moveset cover?

The name master:

--- Quote from: Petzbreeder on June 08, 2017, 12:38 ---Dynamic Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

How many different types does this moveset cover?

--- End quote ---
Normal
Grass
Water
Dragon
Dark? (weak to fighting if I remember correctly)
Flying
Ice

That's as many as I can name off the top of my head!

--- Quote from: Petzbreeder on June 08, 2017, 12:38 ---Not sure where to put this.

--- End quote ---
Team building?

SaRo|Rapidash:
I use this tool to work out how good a moveset is coverage wise - in this case you hit everything in the game for neutral or better. Unfortunately, the percentage super-effective will be a bit off as it has gen 1-7 pokemon, even tho the type chart can be set to 2-5.

Type-wise, what the above said plus Steel and Bug.

the bread dragon:
it doesn't cover fighting though, which you're actually weak to

MonsterMon64:
^That doesn't really matter much when even non-STAB Fighting moves could do a number on Furret. But yeah, from what I'm seeing, it's not like Furret has many options for doing super effective damage to Fighting-types anyway, especially going by a Gen 2 transfer.

@Petzbreeder: Apparently, Furret gets access to Coil in Gen 7, which might help you use Dynamic Punch a bit more effectively... Just a thought. I do like the theme your moveset has going for it, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version