Author Topic: [Disc][Ad][P][PW] Interest Check on some idea  (Read 12623 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
[Disc][Ad][P][PW] Interest Check on some idea
« on: January 26, 2016, 18:40 »
right uh so bear with me so the idea's a little vague

basically, the idea is based on a roleplay i used to be in on pe2k. (another pokemon forum that i was on at the same time as pkmn net - it's closed since, which is why i'm mentioning it at all because you can hardly advertise for a site that's completely down/closed. rip.)

this one is - the main theme at least if nothing else - based on the role play, in which there were a number of orbs. each contains the power/DNA of a pokemon. there was one for each type, so there would be one person for each type. i havent decided on legends or nah, but they're either all going to be legends or they won't be. in the case of normal pokemon they'll all be randomly generated.

so what i have planned is that there will be these 18 orbs. one orb per character and nobody can share a type. so the water orb might grant the ability to breathe underwater/swim really fast/generally adapt to water/sea. a suicune orb carrier might be able to purify water & run really fast (taking traits not just from the pokemon but from the legend, too) ....

whereas gorebyss's abilities are more "This Pokémon’s body is durable enough to withstand high-pressure levels in the deep sea, where it lives. Additionally, this adaptation allows it to withstand powerful attacks." so their defence would go up and adaptions would be more towards that.

but to be honest i'll probably just go for normal pokemon unless someone can suggest a legend for each of the 18 types. i could just have left it at 'an orb for every legendary' but, uh, no. too many legends.

in addition, the orbs would be absorbed into the trainer on use, so the powers/adaptions would be permanent unless removed by an outside force (notably: the bad guys. removing the orbs would cause permanent damage, though).

so this time i'm probably going to work on making sure it doesn't immediately Die like the last one, so there'll be no posting order or anything, but instead a rule that you have to make sure nobody gets left massively behind. so if the groups supposed to be discussing their next plan, but then two people decide to act for the full group and move on, defeat a gym leader, punch the bad guy in the face, etc, while everyone else is still in the starting carriage, and the others havent broken activity rules, then that is a big no no! i'd also be taking a slightly more intense role as a sort of 'DM' figure. if someone looks for berries i'll make a post saying something like 'you look and you look but all you find is a sock' or something, and have a system ready. (as well as an additional one for prompts or events to use if the RP gets slow.)

however, if the player hasn't posted in a certain amount of time and hasnt said anything, thus starting to kill the RP, then I, the 'dm', will take over for a few posts. after this, if the original player doesn't return, the orb carrier will lose their orb. somehow. i'll make it work.

essentially, what the story would probably go like, would be something like this...
  • there are 18 people on a train - civilians, pokemon trainers, breeders, contest people, whatever. (there'll be limits, though, like you can have 3 badges max or one/two ribbons or whatever)
  • the reason theyre on the train i havent decided yet. probably will be the goldenrod to saffron one, though as i want to use existing places. might just be a train somewhere in .
  • something crashes into the side of the train, knocking it off of the tracks. people are injured. no dead because that would put it to be an 18+ rp which would have to be on another forum
  • one of the train carriages has burst open, sending orbs spilling out on the floor. the 18 players (or however many we get) inadvertently touch them and get the benefits before the government or the bad guys that did the thing can arrive.
  • though before this happens they get warned to run for reasons
  • and then the plot goes from there? idk, it'd be an adventure to continue with their goals
  • honestly kinda need to think about this more because i wanna open up the ability to join as part of the bad guys or as the scientists or something too, some of which could probably become orb carriers

signups would be done by PM (a bit like an audition process) for people auditioning for certain types of orbs but would probably be something for people to say (in the topic before the start of the thread) something like

hi i'm [name goes here] and i'm auditioning for orb type

alternatively i could probably get the auditions done here in this thread, and then  have the forum topic be the first post, the forum, the accepted characters list, and then go from the first post or whatever.

kinda just need thoughts and a rough knowledge of who's joining

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline ashthetic

• scrublord
  • Psythor Fan
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • rebubble me
Re: [Disc][Ad][P][PW] Interest Check on some idea
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 23:00 »
this is really interesting!! you put a lot of thought into it and i can tell by how well put your thought process is on this!! id totally be up for it!
E P I P H A N Y

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 23:17 »
Ah, man, this looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to join this
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 23:20 »
oh good thanks guys, what types would you be interested in if you wanted to join this? (top five ideally but if you could order from the most wanted to least wanted that's be fantastic too)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 23:29 »
Oh, umm, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Psychic, Steel, in that order.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 23:37 »
I'm definitely up for the story idea - sounds interesting.

Now all my Sem 1 assignments are in I'd be able to write a reasonably sized post pretty often.

Don't expect some incredible writing though just because I am kind of officially a writer now haha.

I guess I'd be interested in the Grass, Ice or Lightning orbs :-)
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 23:49 »
phew okay. it'll probably be a lit RP so posts will be slow, there wont be much of a word count past 'write a reasonable amount that people can go from/reply to, try to mirror length but mirroring isnt a priority'. im also a slow poster

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 21:18 »
I was going to run my rp to try to revive the place. However, i'll take a backseat and hold on to the form I have from my associate on that. This sounds like a barrel of aipoms and i'm into a lot of this stuff. Plus, as long as you stick around, it won't die for a long time as I am one of the people who usually are the last to post before something dies (chloe and dragoncat can atest to this).

As for my types: Fire, Fighting, Steel, Water, Electric and Ice in that order.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32 »
i would be down if it goes a little slow, this semester has already been incredibly busy for me

i'd be interested in fairy, electric, ghost, and probably dragon but no real preference. maybe leaning towards fairy more than the others rn

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 17:58 »
i've started work on the topic - it'll be a small while yet. pace will be dictated by players but likely pretty slow if i'll be DMing any

EDIT: Once I open the sign ups, I will require sign ups done via PM. This is partly for fairness but also because I'll put the accepted forms into the last post so people can access it easier. This might remain the OOC topic, if the admins are alright with this. It helps me organise the RP stuff easier.

If you want multiple shots of getting a 'wanted' type, put multiple types into the orb section. The first one you list will be the most prioritised, etc. So if you chose fire and water, i'd try to work it out so you could get fire first. If if doesn't work out you'll likely get water. Etc, etc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 18:23 by Poison2007 »

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 19:07 »
hi i'm a little late but i'm here with interest also!!

preferred orbs would go psychic, grass, fairy, ground, normal

thanks gl <3

Offline ninjacob555

• Psythor Fan
  • most violent pacifist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 22:41 »
*hacker voice* im in
no but in all seriousness this sounds sick as heck.
my types would be Rock, Poison, Dragon, Electric, and Grass

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 04:12 »
It's been a while and I'm back now. I'm happy there's an RP open since Rping is one of the reasons I registered! I think I'll go for Grass, Poison, Dark, Flying, no particular order of preference really.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 17:43 »
I've been hoping someone would make a new RP. This one sounds like fun.
My type preferences are ((looks up list of types)): Dark, Bug, Fighting, Normal, Electric.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 22:11 »
Alright everyone, with the high amount of interest I'll be releasing a list of the suggested pokemon for each orb early. Sign up form will be edited into here tomorrow night; it just hasn't been fully written up yet. Profiles can be PM'd to me or posted into this topic - not into the new topic. That'll have its own post.

If you wish to change pokemon from the 'preset', be aware that ideally the pokemon you choose must not be a legend, needs to be able to evolve twice, and has the type as a primary type (with the exception of flying and any type which has fewer than 15 pokemon as primary, who can choose either type).

If you choose a pokemon that only evolves once, it'll take longer to evolve/grow more powerful. Moreso if the pokemon doesn't evolve at all, though you might start off at an advantage or a little stronger.

• Normal - Ditto
  • Fire - Talonflame or any Fire Starter.
  • Fighting - Timburr
  • Water - Horsea
  • Flying - Archen
  • Grass - Budew
  • Poison - Zubat
  • Electric - Shinx
  • Ground - Sandile
  • Psychic - Ralts
  • Rock - Larvitar
  • Ice - Spheal
  • Bug - Wurmple
  • Dragon - Dratini