Author Topic: redraw something old  (Read 1157 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
redraw something old
« on: October 11, 2014, 06:19 »
you dont really realise how cool your art is until you redraw old things you used to be proud of. even if its just doodling them to see how better youve got with colour or anatomy, redrawing old things can usually make you feel pretty good about yourself and your talents. i think pkmn.net could use a redraw thread to get its hopes up because yall talk bad about your own art too often i think.

hres something i drew in 2012 that i was super proud of, and it got about 2k notes on tumblr and its now my most popular deviantart submission. problem is i actually really hate it now because its pretty dated. i like the way i drew his hand? thats about it.

heres something i drew last week with the last image i drew in mind, it doesnt look exactly the same but i guess i changed a lot of headcanons and such in the last 2 years. it was pretty cool to draw with the same idea in mind and come up with something similar but not quite.

i want everyone on pkmn.net to redraw something they did a while back; doesnt matter how old it is, as long as they can post the original and the redrawn version then its good. it doesnt matter how much effort goes into the new one, but itd be cool if it wasnt just completely half assed. mine was admittedly pretty half assed itself, but im still pretty damn pleased with the turnout :O

i dont want to hear any of this "i havent improved at all!" tripe because ive been here long enough to see some of you start your art careers and come to where you are now and im impressed. i dont care whether or not you think youve improved, youre gonna redraw something old and see how much youve improved. hop to it.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: redraw something old
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 22:58 »
It's crazy what two years does art wise, you've still kept your awesome style though, definitely. The second one is really nice. I love his expression and his lil frills (?). Although I like the shading on both but the second one looks much more softer

I'll probably finish something in the next few days, not done one of these for a while lmao.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58 »
Well, there's always these guys here. Then there's the slightly better drawings from last year. And finally, I finished THESE some time today. Er, yesterday depending on your time zone. I guess maybe Mountole still needs ironing out, but I'm rather happy with how Pessimole and Miserole came out.

(Been wanting to contribute to this topic as soon as I saw it, but didn't really have anything fitting the bill until just now, haha.)

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 22:50 »

These are redesigned from pictures from BEFORE the vacation. Karma no longer has the waxy-looking pompadour, but instead a cowlick that sticks directly in front of her. Discentia has just a ponytail, instead of pigtails. And Apathia has no stupid hairdo.