Misc > Debate

Horse meat in burgers - yay or neigh?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Reluctant Wailord:
Reminds me of the restaurant in town that served dog instead of every other meat, without telling anyone.
Granted, it was a Chinese, but that's not the point. The point is that, while I may have been vaguely opposed to it at first, nothing actually came of me eating it. So why would I care?
Though, this does explain why Tesco's beef burgers never tasted like beef.

lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes:
what a terrible post mine was

what was my post about oh yeah the horse burgers

why can't they just make it 100% horse and then we'd have nothing to worry about

Sebastian Moran:
yeah tbh my first thought was "horse meat? ooh, high quality". 
i dont see the problem and im sort of regretting not buying any horse burgers while i had the chance :o( 
man oh well, im sure therell be a report on how their fish fingers are 30% frog or something and I can feel exotic and continental over that instead. 

havent seen anybody genuinely complaining about it, either. 
it seems to be like THE SNOW!!! 
the only people up in arms over it are the news and media, everybody ive actually seen talk about it doesnt give a damn. 

anyway re food: 
idk about sentimentality, isnt it by now clichéd for horses to be recycled as dog food and glue?
thats.. probably just a cliché. 
a better thing to say would be "if youre buying tesco burgers then youre probably buying their other kinds of processed meat products and thats reknown for being made up of arseholes and lips or w/e" 
basically... 
food is food, and if youre expecting it to be high quality stuff then... dont buy it from a chain supermarket. 

in other news: 

Specstile:
burger king had to remove their angus burgers off the menu because apparently they had horse meat :U

sans the skeleton:
I probably wouldn't have minded, if they actually had stated there was horse meat in there. I tend to make my own burgers anyway, lol. Or get them from my butcher, who happens to conveniently be my big sister's boyfriend.

EDIT: Honestly, haven't made my mind out about eating horses. Cats and dogs are a big NO NO NO though - they're like my family, though for obvious reasons not blood related or else I would be... a keyboard cat.

BA TUM TSHHH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version