Misc > Debate

The Darren Wilson case & Corruption in Ferguson

(1/3) > >>

Lord Raven:
Yeah so another case of a white cop killing an african american teen because the white cop is supposedly racist.  Let's bring the arguments in here.

I'm personally on the side where there's racism in society that causes this.  My viewpoint is a little more nuanced than that but that's basically the tl;dr summary.  I'll respond to people as they come in.

sylar:
iiii think im gonna move responses from the how ya doin thread to this one, dont wanna clog it up or anything.

--- Quote from: KEROU on November 26, 2014, 23:56 ---How many times did he shoot? If he shot more than once whilst he's acting initially in self-defence that's a loss of control and self-defence becomes ineligible as a defence for murder.

--- End quote ---

12 times, and i might have SOME numbers wrong in what i say next, but i think he was shot 2 times at the car, then 8 times between running and stopping with his hands up. which, by the way, is illegal in missouri. youre not allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect. in the trial(? is that the word?) of darren wilson, they were given documents that were deemed unconstitutional in the 80s as a means of defending wilson. (source)

also,

--- Quote from: ShinyBlaziken2000 on November 26, 2014, 23:58 ---Someone blamed it on racism and everyone jumped on the racism bandwagon, that's what I meant.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: SapphireRobin|Omeganium on November 26, 2014, 23:50 ---I hate this sort of case just because people jump on the racism bandwagon too easily,

--- End quote ---

please stop saying people "hopped on the racism bandwagon". theres no bandwagon. nobody needs to jump on a bandwagon, nobody suddenly at one point whispered "do you think it might be... r-racism?" and suddenly everyone realised, at once, that "yeah, youre right!". you dont need to be blind to see that this is a white man, with ties to the kkk - you know what the kkk is, right? - as well as history of unnecessary brutality towards black people, shooting a black man for JAYWALKING. a white man would have been let off with a fine, a warning, anything but being shot to death.

we are listening to black peoples voices, those who have been through police brutality - some of whom have been through police brutality from wilson himself - for YEARS for just trying to live life. theyve seen that white people get away with so much more than what black people get killed for. BY POLICE. the black community worldwide have explained how and why this is racism. white people arent jumping the bandwagon, they arent just blindly following. theyve been presented with damning evidence, and have been bare witnesses to racism-driven police brutality towards their black peers, and they are seeing similarities in this case with those situations their black peers have faced and, as a result, listening to and amplifying the voices of black people who want their lives to matter.

i dont think wilson is innocent. i think hes racist, and i fully believe those presenting his case to the grand jury were just as racist and biased. i dont see how anyone could look at this and not see it as a racist act, no matter how much yall try to justify this as Not Racist, i just wont see it. im normally open minded and try to get different views and such, but theres just no way i can shift on this one because its just been proven too radically by so many sources for me to still look and listen to anything saying "its not racist, heres why:" to go "ah yeah thats a good point" haha.

Lord Raven:
Kind of an FYI - the jury itself was 9 Caucasian Americans and 3 African-Americans.  The judge himself has a history of spottiness in his verdicts, and the Ferguson police have had their own horrible history of similar things, hiding evidence, and corruption.  To add onto this, Wilson did not carry a taser because it was basically uncomfortable for him to do so.

And the nail in the coffin is that this didn't go to trial.

Kerou 犠牲:

--- Quote from: sylar on November 27, 2014, 08:23 ---12 times, and i might have SOME numbers wrong in what i say next, but i think he was shot 2 times at the car, then 8 times between running and stopping with his hands up. which, by the way, is illegal in missouri. youre not allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect. in the trial(? is that the word?) of darren wilson, they were given documents that were deemed unconstitutional in the 80s as a means of defending wilson. (source)
--- End quote ---

Yeah that shouldn't be defendable, didn't realise he could have had a taser instead until I saw Courtney's post in the other thread so even then it's negligence that he didn't have that which wouldn't have killed him :V

Not gonna go in depth into anything else other than this man seems like a nasty piece of work, absolutely disgusting. Sometimes I really do hate humanity =[

sylar:
even worse on the taser point: he was outright asked, "do you think theres a way you could have prevented this?" and wilson said "no."

then admitted that he was given the option of a taser but it was just a bit uncomfortable so he chose not to take one.

im sure there was nothing that could have been done there pal, youre completely right lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version