Author Topic: Pokemon Sun and Moon Competitive Predictions  (Read 2401 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Pokemon Sun and Moon Competitive Predictions
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:42 »
Okay, so, I am no expert on the competitive scene, but sometime even I can see when a pokemon will be likely to pop up in competitive. Case in point: Golisopod

This lovely little creature (note, neither lovely or little, standing at 6'07" or 2.0 m and weighing 238.1 lbs. or 108.0 kg) is a tank. Just look at its stats:

HP: 75
Attack: 125
Defence: 140
Sp. Attack: 60
Sp. Defence: 90
Speed: 40

Though its other stats aren't spectacular, its attack and defence are terrifying! It's water and bug type, which gives it some pretty nice moves, including Bug-Type First Impression, which is a 90 power physical move that can only be used on the first turn and is its signature move, and Water-Type Liquidation, which is an 85 power physical move that lowers defence.

Its ability is Emergency Exit, which makes it so that if it goes below 50% hp, it will switch out. I could see this being used pretty well for clean switch ins. Plus, guess what. Leech Life got a huge buff! It is now 80 power! And this thing can learn it! It could switch out, come back in later, leech someones life away and heal, then, if things get bad, you get another clean switch in. Oh, and guess what else it gets. Swords Dance! This thing is a monster and I have no doubt you'll be seeing it in competitive.

What do you think? Do you think this pokemon has potential to be terrifying? And have any of the new pokemon stood out to you as potential great competitive pokemon?
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon Competitive Predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:09 »
Well, the Gen 7 Pokemon are already on showdown and I've found 3 Pokemon incredibly useful, one of which is Golisopod.
Number two is Pheromosa. Just Look at its stats:
HP: 71
Attack: 131
Defence: 37
Sp. Attack: 131
Sp. Defence: 37
Speed: 151
Only Deoxys speed forme and Ninjask have a higher base speed and their attack stats don't compare to Pheromosa, add in the fact that it gets a speed boost for every Pokemon it knocks out and you have a hard hitting fast sweeper.
Number three is Mimikyu. I think this adorable thing will pop up because disguise gives it a free action to set up. I use that first turn to set up with bulk up and make it hold a weakness policy, so if the foe uses a super effective attack to break the shroud it'll get more attack.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 22:02 »
Pheromosa will be the first ban, it's currently breaking the metagame, forcing both Pheromosa and Aegislash on every team except stall, which still has to run Aegislash and Toxipex minimum to deal with her.

Welcome back weather wars with its new friend Terrain Wars. With more instant weather setters than ever, I expect Rain to dominate for a while until Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned on the same team again, then Sand and Sun will make their return. Hail is still not an amazing weather, due to Ice being a horrid defensive type.

Tapu Koko + Pelipper/Politoed + Raichu is a surprisingly deadly core that can wipe teams pretty easily with more support from the likes of Ferrothorn. Expect to see this a lot.

There's a lot to talk about this generation, and anything can happen. Once we weed out the obviously broken Pokemon we will start seeing trends form and this new meta evolve.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 15:08 »
Toxipex brings back status spam as viable (or at least a little moreso) because its version of kings shield (baneful bunker, awesome name btw) poisons you. Then it crits you with merciless, and venoshock does double if you're poisoned. Isn't that wonderful? Plus it has insane bulk and defenses, so dealing with it will be a pain in the rear end. If it falls to UU it's got more flaws than I thought, but anything below that is criminal.

Also, almost everything in the game is slow and that drives me insane. Plus I can't play Sun until Christmas so >.>

(imo many of the ultra beasts are going to likely get banned)
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN