Misc > Debate

#YOLO

<< < (2/6) > >>

Clairefable:

--- Quote from: Renzokuken™ on August 23, 2012, 13:30 ---"I'm fairly certain YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people."
~Jack Black

--- End quote ---

Could put it better myself frankly.

"YOLO" is like something your dad says in a vain attempt to appear "hip". Infact, the only person I know who says it is like 35 and has only recently discovered Twitter and so thinks that hashtagging everything puts him at the cutting edge of current trends, when really it's all a bit tragic.

That and I don't really understand why people are all like "lol you only live once!!111" like it's some new thing?

RocketMember002:
As a buddhist I find that phrase deeply offensive.

#buddhistsagainstYOLO

Turner:
It took me so long to figure out what this even meant. I thought 'SWAG' was what is written on burglars bags. Maybe I'll keep up with the trends when they stop being so corny.

So yeah, 'YOLO'. Does this really need to be up for debate or something? I don't really hear anybody saying this so I can't say it annoys me, in fact it seems like a nice sentiment. I bet most of the people who say it are as dumb as a box of rocks though.

Myth Maniac™:
I love the phrase. The term "you only live once" is such a meaningful statement, telling everyone that they have one life to live, thus they should live it to the fullest without inhibitions or worries, taking every opportunity that's given to you with no regrets and no setbacks.

What I don't like is the connotation attached to it. I hate its current context on the intarwebz, mainly that you should just throw your common sense out of the window and act like an idiot since you should "try everything once since you only live once". I mean it's stupid. In fact, it's quite contradictory to the actual phrase, since most of the things suggested might end up killing your "one life to live".

Honestly, I just prefer the phrase "Hakuna Matata". Hahahaha.

lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes:
it was funny on tumblr about 9 months ago and thats it really

the rest of the world is catching on and you know what they're like they still think the trollface is the most hilarious thing ever

its a stupid word and if you use it you probably like meet the kardashians as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version