Pokémon Games > Older Main Games

In-Game Team Help?

(1/2) > >>

OpallapO:
I'm planning my in-game team for W2, I have my first three Pokemon and movesets, but I'm not sure which items to get. I have covered all the types so there isn't really any weaknesses. I need advice for my last three Pokemon... I would like one to be focused on helping the rest of the team and healing, and I don't care about a HM Slave so there's no need to save a slot for that. Also, I'm not sure what items to use, so yeah :P I need help....

Samurott
Surf, Dig, Ice Beam, Scald - I want to keep Samurott with Surf, but I don't mind changing the others :)

Salamence
Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake, Stone Edge - I want to keep Salamence with Fly unless I can use it more effectively on a different Pokemon ? But the others I don't mind changing.

Scrafty
Crunch, Brick Break, Smack Down, Grass Knot.

I usually prefer almost perfect accuracy and decent power over crazy-high power but rubbish accuracy simply because it's more reliable, but I'm open to using less accurate moves if I can teach a Pokemon a move that will increase the chances of it hitting :D

Thank you :)

Richard and Blaziken:
The first two look fine for in-game. Scrafty really doesn't want any special attacks, however, so Grass Knot on him is fairly useless. I'd go with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Smack Down (Rock Slide is much better, but I'm not sure when it's available), Dragon Claw/Bulk Up.

I'd recommend getting another special attacker, maybe a Psychic type. Espeon is a good choice if you can get an Eevee from the one secluded spot where it can be found. Reuniclus is good too. Failing that, Sigilyph is wonderfully powerful in the early stages of the game.

OpallapO:

--- Quote from: Richard and Blaziken on February 25, 2013, 19:07 ---The first two look fine for in-game. Scrafty really doesn't want any special attacks, however, so Grass Knot on him is fairly useless. I'd go with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Smack Down (Rock Slide is much better, but I'm not sure when it's available), Dragon Claw/Bulk Up.

I'd recommend getting another special attacker, maybe a Psychic type. Espeon is a good choice if you can get an Eevee from the one secluded spot where it can be found. Reuniclus is good too. Failing that, Sigilyph is wonderfully powerful in the early stages of the game.

--- End quote ---

The Scrafty moveset sounds good, with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide and Bulk Up. I don't really like Eevees or any of the evolutions, so I'd prefer Reuniclus or Sigilyp, but I'll still consider Espeon. I've added in Ferrothorn, I like his typing of Grass/Steel and this is the moveset I'm thinking about:

Energy Ball - just because I don't really like Solar Beam because of the charging-up thing, but has he got a good enough defense to take a hit whilst charging? :S Not sure about this yet...
Bulldoze - Just for those Fire types who get x4 damage :L I couldn't find a better Ground move, since it can't learn Earthquake... meh.
Iron Head - STAB, and also I'd the 30% chance of flinching over the 10% chance of lowering Sp. Def stat.
Sandstorm - I'm not sure, this is just a filler really... Need a little help with this one actually...

Richard and Blaziken:
Galvantula is very cool, and very good; Coumpoundeyes gives Thunder about... 93% accuracy, I think it is, so it hits very hard and rarely misses. Bug Buzz for dual STAB there, and it's good to go. Grass and Electric, for the most part, cancel each other out since you have a Water type, so it's unnecessary unless you really fear Water Absorb Quagsire.

Spriter:
I'd recommend using something like Crobat for Fly. It has nice coverage, and you can also give it Heat Wave from a Move Tutor somewhere (dunno where). You can get Giga Drain later on in the game. If you need shards, bike around with Super Repels in Relic Passage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version