Other Pokemon > Fake Whatever

Ridiculously Defensive Fire/Steel

<< < (2/8) > >>

NTN:
WoW is better than Toxic in this case because this Pokémon is ridiculously defensive already, and even more so paired up with the opponent's halved Attack stat courtesy of WoW. The Pokémon's Defense stats are great where they are. WoW works toward the outside. It gobbles down the foe's Attack stat, which is pretty much a reflection of the ally's Defense stat, giving you a virtual Defense stat increase. Wall.

Abilities? I'd say Levitate. Obvious.

Flame Body. Its percentage isn't enough to replace Will-O-Wisp, and in general it's more risky, especially since Levitate's job is handed down to Air Balloon, if needed. It's shaky, but here is a second ability.

Magic Bounce as a Hidden Ability. It's defensive in a way, as it blows away a lot of dirt in battle.

Another ability could be Intimidate. It gives Will-O-Wisp a separate little boost, but only at the start of a battle/switch-in. It's not really one of its possible dominant abilities. It could be one of the more useless abilities every Pokémon has as opposed to its others. It could work, but not that much.

When we're really talking about it, it seems like this is a real Pokémon. Well, the details about typing and abilities is enough to get us going.

I can always sprite this if you want, if someone has a design idea. I could always think of my own. However, I am lazy at the moment.

Richard and Blaziken:
Magic Bounce would be too overpowered with something this defensive. If we're talking of actual plausibility, Regenerator, Flame Body, Flash Fire, Magnet Pull, or at the very best, Magic Guard, though that's even a bit of a stretch. It really depends on the design of the Pokemon, though, as it needs to make sense with what the Pokemon is based on.

As for the Will-o-Wisp vs. Toxic debate, we turn to the already existing Heatran, which utilizes... both. Both are good for different things. Toxic is great for bulky Water types while Will-o-Wisp and Lava Plume are good for physical attackers. So it's entirely dependant on what you want to deal with.

MonsterMon64:
Ah cool, lots of input since I last checked here! lemme try to summarize my thoughts...

Oddly enough, I didn't even think to give it Levitate. I was so focused on trying to make it so it can't be shut down that I didn't even think of the obvious weaknesses it has when someone goes to actually ATTACK it. That said, I'm not sure I want to give it Levitate, even if taking 4x damage from Earthquake IS kind of nasty.

@Richard: I'm glad you said something about Magic Bounce. I was worried it might be a bit too overpowered on it, but I just needed to make sure. Regenerator sounds tempting, but that brings me to the next point, and something I'm also glad you emphasized; the Pokemon's design. So far all I've thought of is a... flaming shield. It could be best friends with Honedge, but other than that I can't help but think I'm not winning points for originality here ^^;

Anyway, I'll try to think more on my own later as it comes to me, but right now I'm sort of just waking up. Thanks again for the input, guys, and I welcome any more if you have it!

quack98:
I've just though; if you have it magic guard, wouldn't that defeat the object of fire and steel being immune to status?

If you did go for magic guard, Dark/Ghost would make more sense, or maybe Steel/Flying, that'd get quite a few resistances/immunities

Richard and Blaziken:
Magic Guard helps against Stealth Rock and Spikes more than anything else...

But what you're trying to do is make it broken whereas I'm just trying to keep in line with some sense of realism. I don't think changing type entirely is what he wanted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version