Misc > Your Sprite Art

120x120 Mega scratch sprites!

(1/4) > >>

Richard and Blaziken:
With the advent of X/Y came Mega Evolutions, but it also brought about 3D models for every Pokemon. While I love the 3D models, I'm also a big fan of sprite art, so I've begun making Mega Evolutions sprites with a 120x120 pixel limit, which is what they might have used if the series had continued with sprite based art!

Mega Blaziken:

Mega Lucario:

Kerou 犠牲:
Hmm, the fire doesn't really look fire-y enough to me and the lack of outline shading (full black outlines are a personal pet peeve of mine re: spriting) doesn't really bring it out as well as it could be?

The contrasts are great though, the shading makes sense and the lineart (despite the pure black) is great so yeah, it's definitely a good effort =] I prefer the colours on yours to the actual sprite, as well as the pose (which is also another good thing, it looks very authentic and ready for battle without looking too obvious). I think it's right arm (the left from the viewer's perspective) looks a little funny too, I mean it makes sense biologically (if that's the right word?) but to fit in with the pose I'd maybe adjust it personally. I like the fact yours looks a little more bulky too, again it looks more natural which is great!

All things considered though, it's a very good effort and you should be proud of it =]

Richard and Blaziken:
Thanks, Alex! I had black outlines on the flames, but it didn't look right. I also didn't shade the flames because fire is all light, so it didn't make sense in my head, but maybe I should? I'll give it a go later and see how different it looks.

The right hand gave me trouble like you wouldn't believe, it has driven me to the brink of insanity. I fully concede that I just can't make it how I want. xD

Seriously though, thanks for the critiques, they're all things I will keep in mind for future projects. I am rather proud of this, given it's my first scratch of this size. Hopefully Sceptile comes out well too! ^_^

Bulbakip:
I don't really know how this should look but it's really nice and it looks a bit better than the actuall one
And really it's pose is awesome

BTW How do you make those scratches?

Richard and Blaziken:

--- Quote from: Bulbakip on September 20, 2014, 10:00 ---I don't really know how this should look but it's really nice and it looks a bit better than the actuall one
And really it's pose is awesome

BTW How do you make those scratches?

--- End quote ---

Thank you! A scratch means that it's made from scratch, as in, pixel-by-pixel . I used some artwork as a reference and just sort of... made it! It takes some practice, and I'm hardly an expert, but that's all there is to it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version