Author Topic: Lapras Evolution?  (Read 3882 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Lapras Evolution?
« on: August 23, 2013, 20:51 »
I know, I know, lapras doesn't need an evolution, it's stats are already good. But this is supposed to be a creature of legend, maybe even a mega evolution for Lapras? Anyway, here it is:

Please excuse both the faintness of the drawing, and the awfulness of it.

Here's the info on it:

Laprantis

Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Shell Armour/Water Absorb
Hidden Ability: Marvel Scale
Weight: 350kg
Height: 3.2m

Base stats/Lapras base stats (for comparison)

HP: 145/130
Atk: 90/85
Def: 90/80
Sp Atk: 105/85
Sp Def: 110/95
Spd: 60/60
BST: 600/535

And it's level up moves:

Start: Watergun/Growl/Sing
4: Icy Wind
8: Confuse Ray
14: Water Pulse
20: Aqua Ring
26: Rain Dance
32: Dragon Pulse
38: Ice Beam
44: Brine
50: Hydro Pump
56: Megahorn
62: Sheer Cold
70: Hydroshock (signature move, explained below)

Hydroshock:

Type: Water/Dragon (Uses waters STAB & Rain, but Dragons Weakness & Resistance)

Power: 80 (seems low, but with dual STABs, any higher would be broken)

Category: Special

PP: 5 (Max. 8 )

Accuracy: 95%

Tutor moves

-> Aqua Tail
-> Block
-> Draco Meteor
-> Dragon Pulse
-> Drill Run
-> Earth Power
-> Heal Bell
-> Hyper Voice
-> Icy Wind
-> Iron Head
-> Iron Tail
-> Outrage
-> Signal Beam
-> Sleep Talk
-> Superpower
-> Zen Headbutt

TM list

TM05   Roar      
TM06   Toxic      
TM07   Hail      
TM10   Hidden Power   
TM13   Ice Beam
TM14   Blizzard      
TM15   Hyper Beam
TM17   Protect
TM18   Rain Dance   
TM20   Safeguard      
TM21 Frustration
TM24   Thunderbolt      
TM25   Thunder      
TM26   Earthquake   
TM27 Return
TM29   Psychic      
TM30   Shadow Ball      
TM32 Double Team
TM35   Flamethrower      
TM42   Facade   
TM44   Rest
TM45   Attract
TM48   Round      
TM49   Echoed Voice
TM52   Focus Blast
TM53   Energy Ball
TM55   Scald
TM59   Incinerate
TM68   Giga Impact
TM69   Rock Polish
TM78 Bulldoze
TM79   Frost Breath
TM82   Dragon Tail
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86   Grass Knot
TM87   Swagger   
TM88   Pluck      
TM90 Substitute

So, any ideas or criticism is welcome, I just want to make it as close to decent as I can. I want it to be roughly top OU in terms of competitive-ness, if that helps gauge how powerful it's intended to be.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:24 by ディック »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lapras Evolution?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 22:09 »
I think it could have moves like Toxic/Draco Meteor/Earth Power/Focus Blast/Recover/Megahorn/Horn Drill and possibly a fire move? Fire Blast is a no-no for something like Laprantis. Possibly Flamethrower...or not, maybe a simple useless Incinerate in the move pool would suffice.

About that move...that essentially means that the power is huge under the rain, like near to 250? Typing it as either water or dragon would be easier, as a 95 accuracy move like that is broken in the rain, so you've got your Top OU title straight away.

quack98

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 22:17 »
I'll work on the TM list/tutor list ASAP, but I certainly agree with the ones you've posted. I agree that fire blast would be a little OP, but flamethrower wouldn't be overpowered.

As for the move, I honestly forgot about rain. It'd basically be as powerful as hydro pump but with better accuracy. Maybe it could work as Water for STAB but dragon for damage? I just want it to be something obscure for a signature move. (As this is going to be part of a trio, alongside Torkoal & Tropius evos)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 22:49 »
Ill help tweak the movelists if you wish.

I do like that last idea. You could essentially use that for everything not Steeltype, and Surf for Water STAB. Go ahead with it if you wish.

quack98

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 22:50 »
Oh, thank you, that would be a great help! I'll fix the original post with the new mechanics for the signature move, and I'll make a start on tutor moves

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:06 »
Good list there. Most of them bar Superpower and the Dragon moves are what Lapras gets anyways, so it's realistic.

For TM moves, I would say Dragon Claw shouldn't be able to be taught to Laprantis because it has no real claws as far as I can tell. Volt Switch/X-Scissor/Stone Edge/Psyshock shouldn't either, but the rest are up to you.

quack98

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 10:44 »
Yeah, they all make sense not to be on, I can't imagine it would have much use for dragon claw anyway.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 12:01 »
You've done well with the TM list there too. I do think that Energy Ball is somewhat strange for a pokemon like Laprantis, but the Dragon typing makes that seem alright. Dragon Tail and Scald are great additions (though how did Lapras not get Scald anyways?!?).

Is there anything else for the movelist? I'm pretty sure the egg moves will remain the same.

Now as for abilities, Hydration is Lapras' hidden ability...should it stay like that, or could Laprantis gain something like...Marvel Scale or possibly Rain Dish. What do you think?

quack98

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 12:48 »
You've done well with the TM list there too. I do think that Energy Ball is somewhat strange for a pokemon like Laprantis, but the Dragon typing makes that seem alright. Dragon Tail and Scald are great additions (though how did Lapras not get Scald anyways?!?).
Yeah, I thought Lapras should have scald as well, especially with its Dragon-esque form. As for energy ball, I thought it went well with lapras learning things like Psychic & 'energy' moves like thunderbolt/hyper beam etc.

Is there anything else for the movelist? I'm pretty sure the egg moves will remain the same.

I'd say they'd stay the same as well, after all, Lapras isn't being changed (bar being able to use eviolite, which could be interesting)

Now as for abilities, Hydration is Lapras' hidden ability...should it stay like that, or could Laprantis gain something like...Marvel Scale or possibly Rain Dish. What do you think?

I like the idea of Rain Dish, but I don't know if it quite fits, however marvel scale suits both its looks and stats, so I think that may be the best option.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 20:32 »
So, that's abilities and moves done now, I think. That is, if it is fine and you like how it is now.

We need pokedex entry, possibly location and evolution method...I would suggest for the entry that a reference to the horn, the energy based attacks (as in, it has a capability of generating limitless energy? Or it lives in an area where it can generate energy limitlessly?) or a reference to its' nature might suit.

quack98

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 20:46 »
I think for evolution, maybe either level up holding a unique item (named something along the lines of 'Atlantis scale') or maybe make it so that it is an evlution, but no evolution method has been discovered

As for the Pokédex entry, I haven't thought about it yet, but I definitely think the points you made need to be explained in the entry.

And the location would likely be a one-off encounter as part of the story (like how the lake guardians were part of DPPt, but weren't the title legendaries)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 20:57 »
The location could be some underwater encounter, after some evil team gains the power to reduce the seas to nothing because they angered Laprantis and you need to battle it to stop the rampage or something. But that's a new kettle of fish that doesn't need messing up yet...

quack98

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 21:00 »
As its part of a trio, I suppose that event could be part of a story where you'd need to becalm all 3, and then battle the title legendary (whatever it's be)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 21:18 »
I agree, that would be good if not challenging.

As for height and weight...weight could be 350 kg and height could be 3.2 meters?

Classification: Atlantis/Submerging/Limitless Generation/Energy Source Pokemon?

quack98

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 21:21 »
Height and weight look fine, as 3.2m is about twice a short person, isn't it?

As for classification, I think Submerging Pokémon is good, but I also quite like Atlantis Pokémon, which of the two do you think is best?