Pokémon Games > Tournaments

The Semi-Mono-Type Tourney (Returns!)

(1/10) > >>

Richard and Blaziken:
Following the moderate success of the last tournament, I've decided to give a shot at reviving my most popular tournament that I used to run years ago. Here's the breakdown for the rules of this tournament:

-Battles must be run on Pokemon Showdown, and will be best two out of three
-You must choose only one type, and 5 of your Pokemon must be of that type. The sixth Pokemon can be of any type, and dual-types are allowed in both cases.
-6v6 Singles (A team of up to six Pokemon may be entered, and the battles will be conducted in a 1v1 playstyle)
-Team Preview (this isn't something you can really control, but I'm stating it just to be safe)
-Species Clause (No more than one Pokemon that share the same species name can participate in a team. This means that even alternate forms, such as Rotom, cannot be on the same team as well)
-Sleep Clause (No more than one opposing Pokeon can be put to Sleep by one of your Pokemon at a time. If they use a move to put their own Pokemon to sleep, this does not activate Sleep Clause)
-Evasion Clause (no moves that raise Evasion, such as Double Team, may be used)
-Freeze Clause (No more than one Pokemon on a team can be frozen. This is enacted without control)
-The following abilities are banned for this tournament: Sand Stream, Drizzle, Drought, Snow Warning, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, Moody
-The following Pokemon are banned:

* Arceus
* Blaziken
* Darkrai
* Deoxys (all forms)
* Dialga
* Excadrill
* Genesect
* Giratina (both forms)
* Groudon
* Ho-Oh
* Kyogre
* Kyurem (White and Black forms only)
* Landorus (Genie form only)
* Lugia
* Manaphy
* Mewtwo
* Palkia
* Rayquaza
* Reshiram
* Shaymin (Sky form only)
* Thundurus (Genie form only)
* Tornadus (Therian form only)
* Zekrom
Remaining types:
Normal
Grass
Fire
Water - f3raligatr
Electric
Psychic - Робин
Dark - Dracowrath632
Ghost
Bug
Steel - ShinyBlaziken2000
Rock
Dragon - Liam
Ice
Ground - Richard and Blaziken
Flying - JSM
Fighting - Inferna
Poison

As for how many entrants I'll allow... I'm going to see how many people are interested first. I used to allow 16, but I don't think we have that many people around and interested in battling, so I'll be allowing entrants for a while.

Round One Matchups!:

-ディック vs. Inferna
-Richard and Blaziken vs. Reptile™
-ShinyBlaziken2000 vs. Dracowrath632
-Liam vs. JSM

SirBlaziken:
Damn it! Ground!  >:(

I choose steel!

Liam:
Claiming dragon because I'm unimaginative (and it won me the previous one iirc ;) )

(this is over battle sim, right?)

Also hi Rich :)

quack98:
I may as well give it a shot... I'll take Psychic   >:D

Richard and Blaziken:
Liam returns! =D

Yep, it's on Pokemonshowdown.com, let me edit that in! :>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version