Pokémon Games > Tournaments

The UU Clear Skies Tourney!

(1/4) > >>

SirBlaziken:
Hi, ShinyBlaziken2000 here. Thanks to Richard's attempts to revive the tournament scene here on PKMN, I have decided to give it a chance. However, I wanted to do something different, so OU was out, so I decided to go with UU or Under Used. Here's the rules:

* The tournament will be held on Pokemon Showdown and like Richard's tournaments, best 2 of 3 battles
* It will be 6 vs. 6 teams in single battle mode, it is not required to have 6 pokemon on your team, although it is highly recommended
* Team Preview(no one can control this, just something to add in to be safe)
* Species Clause (This means no more than one pokemon of the same species can be on your team. This also means that different forms of the same pokemon, for example, rotom, can't be on the same team.)
* Sleep Clause (Means that no more than one pokemon on your opponents team can be put to sleep by one of your pokemon at a time. If they use a move like rest, for example, to put one of their own pokemon to sleep, that will not activate the sleep clause.)
* Evasion Clause (No evasion boosting moves, for example double team, are permitted)
* Freeze Clause (No more than one pokemon on a team can be frozen. This clause shall be enacted without control)
* These abilities and moves are banned form the tournament: Sand Stream, Drizzle, Drought, Snow Warning, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, Moody, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, and Hail. Hence the name, clear skies.
* Any pokemon from the following tiers are banned:
Uber
OU
Borderline

(Note that Tornadus-I is allowed)

The entire list can be viewed at smogon.com
Members in the tourney:

ShinyBlaziken2000
ディック
JSM
Richard and Blaziken
Wolstenholme
Lugia95

Round 1 (Preliminaries)
Lugia95 vs. JSM
Wolstenholme vs. ディック

Users that didn't have to battle:
Me (ShinyBlaziken2000)
Richard and Blaziken

Round 2:

Me vs. JSM
Richard and Blaziken vs. ディック

Finals:
Me vs. Richard and Blaziken

quack98:
Yeah, I'll try this. Although, do abilities like sand rush need too be banned if there isn't weather to activate them? As the current rules make Sandslash illegal, even though he's relatively weak. (Only used for Rapid Spin, without sand).

SirBlaziken:
I put in for clarity. Also, you have been accepted.

JSM:
I'll join! Don't expect me to do too well, I've not played ANY UU at all this gen.

Richard and Blaziken:
I actually haven't played much UU either, but I'll give this a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version