Author Topic: Do you ever play Pokemon games in a foreign language?  (Read 5040 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
I've played my games in French since I discovered the Masuda Method after Diamond and Pearl were released.

I saw a Youtube video once where someone said that playing an English Gen 6 cartridge in a foreign language doesn't work for the Masuda Method. I personally think that they are just really impatient. I've never been successful with breeding a shiny either, as I'm quite impatient myself. I only manage to breed about 30 eggs before I get bored lol.

I've been reading just now that setting the language in Gen 6 games actually does affect the Masuda Method. I'd like someone with more patience than me to try it.

The Gen 4 or Gen 5 games are guaranteed to work, because the cartridges are in one language only.

What is the best way for someone like me to do the Masuda Method when I have so little patience?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 16:42 by Petzbreeder »

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever play Pokemon games in a foreign language?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 15:13 »
Pokemon Green (with crap translations)
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline DadFamad

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 11:02 »
It will be very good for you to give me an answer about it.

Offline BulbasaurIsBest

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 13:19 »
Yes and no, I started playing the games in German, which was one of the languages most familiar to me. However nowadays I play the games in English, and I have to admit it feels a lot better to play in English