Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68101 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2013, 22:20 »
What happened to Brin anyway? And Akari...and Articuno. I also remember THE WROTH aka Sam. Yesss. What happened to Ray (TheRealOne), Kat, Everett, Branc, ClikC, Conor aka St Jimmy, Jasper and Spike?

Brin is at Uni
Conor is gigging in a ska band called Ska2-D2 and doing his solo acoustic stuff
Articuno is married and doing alright for herself

Facebook is wonderful.

In all honesty, I always thought you were Musclemuseum. I don't know what to make of you now after you've implied you're not the same person.

Nah, never was him. But I'm guessing the change will be minimal. Besides, can't stand Muse :P

@ Milsap - I respect the hell out of you. You don't deserve the crap you used to get on here. I may disagree with you at times but yeah, I consider you part of the extended family. Also PM if needs be, I wanna keep in touch.

I want that paragraph framed and on my office wall :D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 22:39 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2013, 23:25 »
@ xhanatos - I always felt like you targeted me. It isn't right. I understand why you wouldn't like me tbf but if this is the case then give me a break. If not then sorry. Either way... PM so we can clear the way. I've been through far too much to go through forum beef.

dude i dont care
           

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2013, 23:45 »
Didn't the dude who made it quit in a flurry of rage?  Or am I thinking of something else?
Wasn't it Joeno that made it? I think this was around the time the 'Cult of Joeno' started, with the various ranks of priesthood.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2013, 00:06 »
Whatever happened to Pokegame?

Code broke, I was a crap programmer at the time, stuff took longer than expected, I wanted to work on other things, study and work interfering... basically it lingered for some time where I'd be getting back to it some day, but I never did. Abandoned thread, really.

(Not going to reply to some other things. It's not worth my time anymore)
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

MRxo

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46 »
Cheers for proving I'm the site piece of crap. Sorry for being too committed to the site. Sorry for giving a crap. Sorry for taking crap for the benefit of the site.

Why do I even bloody bother. It's a horrible cycle which tears me apart because I'm the scapegoat.

Screw it. I wish I did it tonight. S/o to Jesus.

All I wanted was to be liked... Sorry for being a good guy.

And people wonder why I constantly quit? Respect is a key word. I guess constantly dealing with crap isn't enough

I'm not going to delete this account. I'm going to get the respect I deserve. Then again I'll probs die before then.

@ xhanatos - sweet
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:01 by Gurren_Lagann »

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2013, 04:58 »
i love the smell of an unwarranted pity party in the morning

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2013, 07:24 »
GL, I don't mean to offend (although I do not respect you very much, do not get me wrong in the slightest), but I think saying that you deserve respect constantly and outwardly it will do absolutely nothing for you.  Honestly, I'm not sure if you've heard the typical "nice guy" thing- the dude who does everything possible for a girl but when she rejects him and wants to be friends then he gets really pissed off and passive-aggressive- that's exactly what you are sounding like right now.  Basically, there's a sense of passive-aggressiveness deep down inside that I can most definitely feel (and is evident from your posts) and it truly breaks apart this nice guy persona you feel you have going for you.  Cool beans, I guess, but this is supposed to be a happy nostalgia thread and you keep derailing it about respect you think you deserve.

Furthermore, calm the hell down.  If I'm way over my own qualms with Joeno then you sincerely have no reason anymore to care at all.

To brighten the mood, I dunno if anyone remembers Rikimaru?  LOL I need to talk to that dude more on fb

And wait, the Spam board.  Did no one even bother to point out the abundance of posts where people kept saying "no u" over and over again after that damned board came to life...?

Also, Branc is somewhere on synIRC though not necessarily on #pkmn.net.  Don't call her Branc though.  She goes by Perona or something these days.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:47 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2013, 09:40 »
Cheers for proving I'm the site piece of crap. Sorry for being too committed to the site. Sorry for giving a crap. Sorry for taking crap for the benefit of the site.

Okay, you want me to go into this? Seriously? Then get this into your head:

If you're committed to something, you don't quit every time you feel like it

There you go. You are not commited to the site. You're commited to the idea of yourself in power. You're commited to wanting to stay in your place. If you were commited to the site, you wouldn't pull out of stuff people need you for at the drop of a hat.

You are not commited to the site at all. I have seen no evidence of this in the past few years. You just want to use it for your own good.

As for respect? You lost it when you repeatedly kept pulling out. When you repeatedly kept pulling this pity crap. When you repeatedly made demands to get your modship back, when all of the admins (yes, all) feel this is a terrible idea. When you think you can blackmail us into doing it. And yes, again, when we say no, it's pity party time, whining, running away, and more.

You may have earned our respect once, but respect can be lost. And every time you pull crap like this, you lose more of it. If you feel like you've earned it, then here's your problem: You messed up so far you need to re-earn it. And that's going to be a lot harder.

Make up your mind. Quit and stay away, as you said you'd do so often, or stay and stop feeling so sorry for yourself. You've done this to yourself, you've made a lot of choices that were damaging to you and upset plenty of other people. These are the consequences. You are living with the consequences of your own decisions and saying you deserve respect or demanding pity do not remove these.

I'm not going to remove the messages this time. You clearly don't want to be protected from your own outbursts, so I'll let you have that. Just don't bother coming to any of us if you don't like it, or escalate it further. It's enough.

(For those who think this might be a tad harsh - we've been having to deal with these outbursts a few times now. Gentleness clearly doesn't work)
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2013, 18:03 »
@ xhanatos - sweet

oh no that wasn't letting you off the hook like i dont want to get involved cos what is the point exactly like how else are you going to deal with what i say that isn't pretending to fall over and go "OWWWW!" and look at the mods to see if they'll ban me but im guessing all they'll do is give me a Tired Social Worker look at this point
i think what you want me to say is "OH WEBBZ YOU'RE SO HARD DONE BY" but like im not stupid

if they do try to help you give them a load of bull and push them away and blame you pushing people away on drink or them "not understanding"

from your weird passive aggressiveness towards me just then it was obvious you didn't listen to the time i actually tried to talk with you that you've probably forgot

but its kind of obvious you don't want anyones help you kind of just want free pity???? which you kind of have a massive overdraft on like you're kind of acting like a first year uni student having run up their 6th credit card limit and ringing home and going "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T GIVE ME ANY MORE MONEY I EARNED THATM ONEY GIBVE ITG IGT NONDFSGF" and they just kind of put the phone down on you cos you've been doing this every day for a week and they can barely afford the mortgage now and you go online and go "I HATE MY PARENTS" and some lame sob story that about 6 people are stupid enough to fall for

like you bolded the word "deserve" and the last time i saw you droning on about your modship and deserving respect was when you were complaining about the one (1) time you were modded for going "oh i guess this topic is going to go downhill ://///////" and not only did you throw a big temper tantrum AND snitch me in (i hate snitches jsyk) i was sitting there being like holy crap ive been modded loads of times and i do not even give two hoots cos its just some forum that i occasionally act out on

like if you can't deal with this place without having a huge strop then you probably need to remove yourself from the situation 
like is a pokemon forum really that important to you???????? i adminned a forum where a bunch of mods hacked the database and stole a bunch of passwords because the forums software writer was an idiot and didn't obsfucate passwords in the db properly at all and was partly responsible for peoples accounts getting banned elsewhere but i dont drone on about it or the injustice of the internet like i was a massive weeaboo at the time and probably deserved it anyway

and also i was like 15 at the time so
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2013, 18:27 »
I'm going to get the respect I deserve. Then again I'll probs die before then.

No. Respect is EARNED. There's a difference.

One little 'fad' I remember is people writing "(Three Word Rule)" at the end of posts to get away with one word responses to things.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 19:59 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2013, 20:22 »
One little 'fad' I remember is people writing "(Three Word Rule)" at the end of posts to get away with one word responses to things.
I did that a lot in Forum Games xD

I remember when posts in SFA didn't count to your post count. It was probably just as well, lol. I'd have achieved well over 5000 posts by now, I think. xD

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2013, 20:23 »
I remember I used to hang out in sprite fan art all the time. It was all I did for my first couple of years.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2013, 20:24 »
That was a fad?  I thought it was just an era of people taking the rule too literally.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2013, 22:35 »
I liked the trainer card fad, they were very well made. I am also mind blown that Branc is a girl!

*casually ignoring drama while really reading it all*

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2013, 22:40 »
oh man now youve made me want to make myself a trainer card |: 
or join an RP, but im not super confident in my track record w them so perhaps not. 
spriting tho... 
hmm. 

id also like to state that this boost in the activity level is delightful. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.