Author Topic: What's confusing you right now?  (Read 128720 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What's confusing you right now?
« Reply #1470 on: July 21, 2014, 07:15 »
I feel more awake after 20 mins sleep than I have after most nights sleep

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 22, 2014, 01:00 »
How the "Move" option in the pokemon PC is third place on the list after deposit and withdraw, despite move doing BOTH OF THOSE THINGS. Just remove the other two damn it, I'm sick of misclicking on them!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 22, 2014, 13:11 »
if you want someones number just give them yours instead and hope they text you

but do it like youre a big deal like if theyre holding paper just grab it and go "oh always nice to meet a fan" and sign it with your number and name then pass it back and act casual after that

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 31, 2014, 15:47 »
 On Tomodachi Life... every time you give a character new clothes, they forget to take the clothes tag off. Like, how can you forget to take it off? Every time?

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 02, 2014, 14:17 »
my dad now has a cat because his neighbours never looked after it and havent been seen by anyone or mentioned where they were going to anyone like theyve just disappeared and left their cat

if he cant look after it then were taking it in so its not like the little guys homeless or anything and my dad adores animals but im just

confused

literally where did they go they were just here one day then gone the next and all their furnitures still there but theyve just been...... gone.

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 02, 2014, 14:46 »
my dad now has a cat because his neighbours never looked after it and havent been seen by anyone or mentioned where they were going to anyone like theyve just disappeared and left their cat

if he cant look after it then were taking it in so its not like the little guys homeless or anything and my dad adores animals but im just

confused

literally where did they go they were just here one day then gone the next and all their furnitures still there but theyve just been...... gone.

does the cat look a lot fatter and mysteriously content
           

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 02, 2014, 15:12 »
now that you mention it...

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 03, 2014, 03:23 »
i know we aren't talking phone numbers anymore but I think its worth mentioning I dont remember my own so if the fateful day comes that someone needs my number ill have to stand there all flustered and by the time I remember it theyll be gone

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 03, 2014, 05:29 »
I tried to read something about competitive battling and now my head hurts.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 03, 2014, 15:47 »
i know we aren't talking phone numbers anymore but I think its worth mentioning I dont remember my own so if the fateful day comes that someone needs my number ill have to stand there all flustered and by the time I remember it theyll be gone

Damn, that feeling is awful! It's awkward if they know theirs off by heart and it takes you about 5 minutes to find it on your own phone  :'(

I'm stumped on what to put in my party bags. I've only decided on Jagermeister and then I have no idea. I was hoping for Jack Daniels party bags but... I don't think they do them...

Frozen stickers are most likely going to go in them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 16:51 by umbreon#100 »

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 03, 2014, 18:41 »
I tried to read something about competitive battling and now my head hurts.

same, it looks like so much effort to remember "ooooh this is an OU threat" "ohhhh this has no check for focus sash metagross" etc. etc. and i can't help thinkin that it'd be far better spent learning an actual useful skill instead lmao

like i spose if you can say you're bad at elitist videogaming then thats actually a plus???

lmao ive had my number for 4+ years and i still can't remember it, luckily no-one calls me and i also hate talking on the phone so it evens out
           

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 03, 2014, 21:14 »
I stoop pretty low when it comes to phone numbers so if you're better at it than me you're doing just fine [D

Songs are confusing. I mean, some songs are virtually impossible to listen to if you want to get the words from it, so if you had to listen to something and listen for the words (e.g. some growl-heavy metalcore / nu metal song or what have you), I don't know how you'd do it really.

Ofc some songs just have the lyrics out there because of lyric videos by the band's YT channel or something, but for some obscure song / band...how xD

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #1482 on: August 03, 2014, 22:50 »
i also hate talking on the phone so it evens out

I have telephonaphobia ^.^ Take a little while to lol at that. I don't mind giving my phone number out but god forbid I should ever try to call someone. And if an unknown number (including 0800 numbers) calls me I freak out and throw my phone on the floor. It's a totally irrational fear.

I also am confused by this fear of not knowing your own number... quite a lot of people don't know their own phone number. I don't know my landline and I pay for the service... When I need to give it out I have to say, "One sec, just looking it up on my mobile, I don't actually know it by memory." Then lols are had on both sides and the world is right again.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 03, 2014, 23:42 »
I have telephonaphobia ^.^ Take a little while to lol at that. I don't mind giving my phone number out but god forbid I should ever try to call someone. And if an unknown number (including 0800 numbers) calls me I freak out and throw my phone on the floor. It's a totally irrational fear.

they have a name for it now??? i always just assumed it was lumped in with the general GAD thing, like with the whole vauge agoraphobia/paranoia/moodswing stuff that most terrified people have,

ive heard people reckon they hate it cos not being able to see the person or their reactions and judge whether they're doing a Conversational Good or a Bad??? and the Misinterpretaion Anxiety too
idk all i know is if it says Private Number im not answering it but this is common w most people in this cold-caller telemarketer world anyway i guess

i mean most of my anxiety troubles stem mostly from a v common (yet depressingly underresearched) phobia w/ annoyingly abundant external and internal stimuli

but i get an excellent locus of control from it so its all swings and roundabouts
apples and oranges? i dunno how the saying goes
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1484 on: August 03, 2014, 23:54 »
while i wouldn't call my fear of answering the phone a phobia i definitely have an aversion to it
if it's private or a number i don't recognise i physically cannot
but if i recognise it or if it looks like a home number (happened a few weeks ago, my dad's aunt phoned up which was weird cause she said it was aunty phyllis and no joke i stood for about ten seconds trying to make the connection)

it's a part of social anxiety, not rly something on it's own. i have the same difficulty talking to strangers, the exception being store clerks - cause i kind of have to talk to them even if it's just a "hello" and "thank you"
which sometimes can be hard cause they say have a nice day and i make a stupid noise trying to articulate "you too" but it doesn't happen

w/ strangers in the street it's more like "stay away from me" and i get annoyed when people get close and i have to dodge out of the way. i end up getting rly angsty when people are slow/in the way/walk in to me like can u not

it's p awful fearing others cause they don't want to upset you it's just you're a massive blob of stupid nervousness
heck i get nervous every time i get a message cause i'm a baby
high school literally ruined me for my social anxiety but sixth form and uni made it worse
how do i adult. how am i supposed to be in the real world when i just want to sit in a corner and hold on to my teddy bear i am a 20 yr old woman i'm supposed to be mature and stuff but i'm just a massive clusterfrick of dumb feelings