Author Topic: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]  (Read 16251 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 18:56 »
"Lion makes a point." Mocedad said. "It's entirely possible that this world has a longer or shorter day, so we should move and find some shelter closer to the big scary castle we'll be adventuring in."
He took his map out of his pack and opened it. It was larger than he expected, but had enough landmarks that he figured they wouldn't get hopelessly lost. He studied it for some time, turned 90 degrees, looked around, turned 180 degrees, looked around some more, then found a landmark on a route that looked safe.
"Looks like there's a bridge some ways that way. Should start us on our journey. I think..."

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2015, 00:15 »
Anna quickly grasped the noted that Andy had held out to her and scanned them. The hand writing was easily legible and before long Anna had gathered a few tips for aiming on top of the things she's already learnt from films like Brave and Robin Hood. The writing on part of the page was written over several times in emulation of a bold font: "Always aim a little above your target to accommodate gravity, and, if there is wind adjust your aim into the wind a little." The notes read.
"Hmm. Kinda like golf on the Wii." Anna mused before passing the notes back to Andy. "Hey, thanks. Those notes were a big help."

Jamie had been awfully quiet, but he, like others was studying the map for different routes, places with high vantage and places that looked as if they could easily conceal some sort of monster. He was simultaneously attempting to keep up with the main conversation. People were discussing practicing weaponry but Jamie had always been more in favour of learning on the job: he agreed that the team should leave before dark. Once Anna had finished reading the other archer's notes he relayed the details he could remember from the main conversation.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33 »
"Lion?" Leo raises an eyebrow at Mocedad. He starts digging through his bag for his map and starts looking through it then nods. "Our resident nicknamer is right. There is a bridge nearby and we don't know how long each day is here. It also seems to be our best path at this point." Leo puts his map away. "Ready when you are, boss lady." he says, adding the last part jokingly.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2015, 10:03 »
Andy took the notes back, and replaced them in her pack. She saw the others seemed to be fully ready, then looked at the warrior, who'd seemed to take point position.

Chris glanced around the group, then spoke up. "Jamie, can we trust you to be a forward scout? You seem to be the best among us for stealth. And thieves have sharp eyes and steady hands." She said, then continued.
"Mocedad, Leo, would you be willing to stand with me as front rank? Theo, Anna and Mira, are you willing to be our middle rank? Fay, can you and Andy form our back line?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2015, 16:55 »
Leo shakes his head. "I agree with you mostly, except for the back rank. Fay is a cleric, meaning she has weaker weapons if any, so unless she fancies using her staff like one, which isn't the best idea, she may want to be more towards the middle. Andy is more suited for long ranged combat with the bow and the throwing knife, although she can go melee with whatever else she has, so Andy could stay back there." Leo says. "I would recommend switching Fay with either Theo or Mira, or at least have one of the two float closer towards the back to make up for the lost offense. Some group of things could ambush us from the back and it could be one or more on basically one. Although we could notice, it could already be too late. That's at least how I see it."

Wow, who knew wasting away my life reading fantasy novels, roleplaying and playing Fire Emblem would actually come in handy?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 17:04 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2015, 18:41 »
"A forward scout?" Jamie's ears pricked up with the mention of his name. "Yeah, I can handle that." He looked at the rest of the collective.

Anna considered the position of being a part of the middle rank, which she would have been fine with - being part of the pack and therefore more secure from outside attacks and ambushes. Except she had no close combat weapons, unless she took one of Jamie's blades, which would actually make sense seeing as he had enough knives accommodate a large dinner party. How hard could melee fighting actually be?

She imagined she would find out.
surPrISE

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2015, 18:51 »
Fay signed, "Leo's probably right. Besides, taking the middle, I should be able to reach more people if anyone needs me to heal them." She looked apologetically at Chris, "I hope this doesn't mess up any plans you had too much."

"I wouldn't mind taking the back," Mira responded to Leo's suggestion, "unless Theo has a preference. I'm fine either way."
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 20:52 »
"I'm not trying to undermine you or anything, but we don't know what's out there and it's better to be safe than sorry." Leo says. "Thinking logically, like Fay said, if she was in the middle, she would have equal access to everyone in case someone needed healing, and be protected from attack since she isn't an attacker or quite as heavily armored say you or I. It's a risk either way, but this is less of one than if we have Fay in the back."

I'm really hoping she isn't offended by my suggestion.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2015, 22:24 »
((Out of curiosity, is there some game whose combat system we'll adopt? Or will this be a more realistic non-turn based deal?))

"I'm fine with taking point." Mocedad said. "I've got a spear. I can…poke stuff from a bit further than point blank. Plus, according to my manual, I can do some good damage from a distance with some of my skills. We should have our Theif up front when we venture into places that could have traps though." he continued. He turned to Anna, who seemed deep in thought.
"You can detect traps, right?" Mocedad asked Anna. He then noticed the fairly large bow she had with her. He also remembered his association: Archer Anna. Hopefully these mistakes would become less common as they continued to venture.
"Wait. No, you're the theif. Or Rogue. Yeah!" he quickly said, turning to Jamie. "You take point in dungeons maybe. If you can sense traps."
"Jamie…jank? Jack. Jamie jacks. Like steal. Alright."

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2015, 22:54 »
"You can detect traps, right" a boy nearby said. Anna recalled he had a name, she just couldn't be sure what it was... maybe it began with an M? - she thought it might have been long. Either way, she resolved simply to wait until she heard someone else say his name.
Anna guessed the pair of them were even though, because he was looking directly at her, with her bow and quiver in tow and had failed to recognise her as an archer. Anna the archer. In fact, the M-guy appeared to have completely mistaken her for her brother, despite the notable differences in their genders and appearances. She shrugged it off, she was having trouble remembering people too.
"Yeah, no, Raven boy over there is the detecty-trapsy-stealthy-thief one. I usually just make sure that if the Police are about, Jamie doesn't get the blame..." Having said this, Anna felt she ought to explain Jamie's delinquency "he's kind of a rogue outside of this weird dream too."
Anna called Jamie over from where he'd gone back to being some sort of dark and arrogant hermit and introduced him to the M-guy.
"You want to talk strategy, Dragoon?" Jamie asked.
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2015, 23:23 »
"Let's not take too long if possible." Leo advised. Well, looks like everyone is forming their little groups and stuff. Andy and Anna, Chris and I, Mocedad and Jaime, all talking strategy and stuff. Well, at least we aren't arguing. Moving Fay to the middle means that she can focus on healing instead on defending herself, allowing us to mount an offensive even easier, without worrying about her getting overwhelmed. With Jaime taking traps out, that makes it even easier on us, but puts him at a risk. If he does his job well, things will move even quicker since he'll also be scouting for a way ahead, meaning, shortcuts. Chris and Mocedad leading the way, since they're likely the strongest of all of us. Theo, being a druid, and Jasper was it...? Anyway, likely will be a good navigator and well help is find edible plants and even poisonous plants for weaponry if needed. Andy and Anna will cover us from a distance and can help hunt wild game, and Andy also has those close range weapons. Mira and Jeon will be a bit of a wild card, magic can be helpful if given enough time to develop, but that's more long range based, then again it works short range as well. Meanwhile, I'm sorta strong with this ax and can heal. I think things are going nicely. Leo, unknowningly, was muttering it to himself as he thought it out.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2015, 00:26 »
Mocedad saw the 'Raven-boy' approach and request to talk strategy. According to Anna (who sounded a bit irritated that she was confused for the person who was the theif. In his defense, archers are sometimes 'Rangers', and rangers have some trap finding skill.
"It's likely that castle will have some traps and pitfalls and stuff like that. So I figure you should take point, just ahead of Chris and I so you can see any traps. Once the path is safe in that sense, Chris and I can go on the offensive and scare off anything that aims to hurt us. We get Anna," he stressed her name here, trying to make up for mistaking her class for Jamie's, "and (started with an A…) Andr–Andy to fire off arrows from a distance, Leo over there can do Support or Offense as the situation calls, and we get heals, buffs, and ranged attakcs from Fay and Theo." Mocedad told Jamie.
"Was that all right? Did I get the right names? 'least I didn't say 'lion' instead of 'Leo' this time. Shouldn't Chris be here talking strategy? Maybe I'm getting too detailed."
"Oh yeah. Mira. She can fire off some spells. Magic missile and stuff. You cool with going up ahead? Don't want you thinking we're treating you like a meat shield. You're just better at seeing the stuff the rest of us might not. Since you're a…Rogue and all." He avoided using the word "Theif". Negative connotation. If they were to all work as a team, it'd be best to not get on someone's bad side.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 17:59 by The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 01:36 »
((Macintosh, I forgot about your question, it's going to be more realistic and not turn based))

Wait. Am I mumbling my thoughts again. Ugh. Where's the filter when you need it? Focus Leo. Wait, Leo....Lion. That's how he got that! Focus you moron, do something to deflect the attention away from your planning and strategies. I've never played an instrument outside of a video game, maybe this flute is magic or something. Leo had realized that he was muttering his strategic plans under his breath and had stopped talking for a second. The boy takes the flute out from his pack. "I'll confess, i've never played in an instrument that isn't in a video game. Let's hope this works out." The war monk attempts to play the flute and ends up playing a pretty little tune out on it ((what is it? I'll never tell)). "Guess it is magic, since I probably wouldn't be this good back home." He laughs a little nervously at that comment and keeps playing, trying to figure out how to get buffs and stuff to start working on it.

((If anyone wants a slight buff for the time being, first person to say they want it can pick which kind of stat and take it.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:52 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2015, 01:39 »
Chris nibbled her lip in thought. They're right. Besides,  if Leo's on the front line, and Fay were on the back and got hurt there's the chance he couldn't get there in time. If Theo and Mira are in the back, they can provide cover, and the bear, Jasper I think, can act as sweeper if Theo is willing. Fay can be in range to cover them from return shots, and heal if required. I want the thie- rogue, to be where Anna can keep an eye on him, when he's not scouting. Hm. Mocedad and I can cover Leo, and he's more suited for melee than distance so he needs to be here. Anna can take out things that threaten Fay, while she keeps the back rank at least healthy. I should have realised the possibility of us getting blindsided from behind. She thought rapidly,  then nodded curtly.
"You're right. Mira, Theo, can you two run back rank with Andy? Fay, you're willing to be in the middle of the party?"

((I'm headcanoning that he played the Song of Time from OoT))

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2015, 15:08 »
Leo stops playing for a second to think it through. So we're moving Theo and Mira, not to mention Jeon and that cute little cub Jasper. That means it would be 3-2-3 not counting Jamie, who will probably be in the middle so that he's kept in check by Anna. That makes it still 3-3-3. Fay is kept safe and we have more offense in the back, and the middle is covered since we have Anna the archer there, and our thief, which is what it's really called, not saying that out loud, that much, can probably, probably being the key here, throw knives, and has the speed to take enemies out quickly. Still keeping an eye on him, if he tries stealing, i'll show him why I play football. Meaning Chris, Mocedad and I take the front, two of us ar- who am I kidding, all 3 of us are melee fighters. We're all strong melee fighters, though, so that checks out. Ok, I think this is more sound than what we had before, we're good to go. He nods. "I think that this is a better plan. If we need traveling music, I can handle that. Ready when you are." says Leo.