Author Topic: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]  (Read 16251 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
[AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]
« on: June 19, 2015, 19:27 »
What? Blaze making a non-pokemon rp? Scandalous, I know.

Plot: You're living your lives in your house in modern times when suddenly, when you are asleep/unconscious (pick one), you wake up in what seems to be an armory for a Middle Ages army. As the weapons, which have been predetermined for your character (you pick in your join form), are forced into your hands, your goal is being explained. It's your average goal, quest to the menacing castle in the distance and slay the monsters and dark forces within, plus any you encounter along the way, and shatter the dark crystal which is somewhere in there, wielded by the dark wizard (of course). That might be enough for you to wake up. Oh, did I mention you are trapped in this dream until you achieve this goal? Luckily, all of our characters are grouped together! What fun!

Rules:
Follow the rules of the site (Hoped you did this already)

No god-modding (Being op or taking control of another person's character without permission from that person)

No limelighting

Keep it PG-13. Minor blood is permitted but do not go "blood and guts galore!"

Use common sense

If you have an idea for the rp, ask me about it, don't just do it.

Any questions? Don't be afraid to shoot me a pm. I won't bite...hard.

Character form:
Name: (You can't wander nameless)
Age: (Teen to young adult is recommended, but as long as it makes sense, go for it)
Appearance: (What does x look like? Be descriptive and use at least 3 lines)
Personality: (Once again, what is this person like? 2 line minimum)
Class: (Stuff like: Paladin, Mage, Berserker, Cleric, Warrior, Archer, Rogue. If you have one that isn't listed, ask me. In this time, your character will wear the armor/clothing for their class. Also, just because you are one class doesn't mean you don't have something similar to another. Ex: Mage casting healing magic or a Berserker having a shield)
Weaponry: (What do you have? Don't overdo it but don't be under equipped)
Other: (Any other significant piece of info we might want to know. Ex. You can have a familiar if you are a mage, just don't make it too strong, just give it minor abilities. This part of the form is optional.)
Starter Post: (Paragraph minimum. Basically the backstory of the day/night you fall asleep/black out and end up in this mess. Your reaction to this whole mess and if you're towards the end of the joiners, your reactions to everyone else who is there so far. Be creative if you must.)

You may have up to 2 characters. You can have one, but no more than 2. Familiars, if you are a mage, are a minor part and don't take a character slot up. I would recommend different classes, unless you have a plan.

Joiners:
Leo Scarlett (War Monk, Breaking Blaziken)
Fay Gardener (Cleric, dragoncat)
Mira Young (Mage, dragoncat) [Small dragon familiar, Jeon]
Theo Arrie (Druid, Kpyna) [Bear cub familiar, Jasper]
Mocedad Hidalgo (Dragoon, The Macintosh Ninja: SOA CAH TOA)
Jamie McSeeley (Rouge, Waterstone)
Anna McSeeley (Archer, Waterstone)
Christiana ’Chris’ Cordom (Warrior, OpalRhea)
Andrea  'Andy'  Roberts (Ranger, OpalRhea)

Have fun and I hope you guys like it (once we start). My form will be up after a couple of people join in.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 00:04 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:19 »
*makes interest known because RPs are both fun but also good writing practice which I will need as I begin to write my debut novel*
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 21:40 »
I'll count that as a reserve if it's all the same to you. If it isn't, I can fix it later. The new one is the first to throw her hat into the ring? Interesting....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 21:43 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 21:47 »
Blaze I am not new. You know me.
surPrISE

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 23:13 »
You already know I'm interested, just need a little time for the character form. Mainly because I don't want to be the first ^^;
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 23:16 »
I'll reserve you then. My form will be up....right now!

Name: Leo Scarlett
Appearance: Leo is thinly built and tall, so obviously he's going to be fast. He's stronger than most people give him credit for and slightly above average in intelligence, making him great for his High School's football team. His hair is mid-length and a golden blonde. Besides for his oddly-pointed ears (no, he isn't and won't be an elf ladies and gents), that's about it.
Personality: He is a bit smarter than some, but Leo is a geek. He's into computers, music, and video games (much like what this would be). Naturally, this will show in how he acts and talks (nope, not an excuse to reference random things at all....). Trying to hide this from all the other people on his team has made him a little more reserved, so he won't be the first to charge into battle, making him a little more careful.
Class: Mage, all the way War Monk (FE class that heals with staves and hurts with axes. Basically a cleric and berserker mixed.)
Weaponry: Your standard issue ax, a healing staff with a dark blue orb, and a dagger in case it's needed. Also he has a flute that can grant small buffs to strength, courage, speed, etc. for a short time
Other: N/A

I apologize in advance for the American Football terminology about to be put into my starter post. I've been dreaming something like this for the past few nights, before I put this up.

Starter Post: "Leo! Come on! Let's go!" His mom yelled up the stairs at him as he was finishing up a song on one of his favorite games, Guitar Hero. He was pumped that they were finally making a new game ((yes....me IRL)) after all the waiting. The yelling distracted him and it broke a perfect song up. "Damnit! Ugh. Coming...." Leo turns the game off and walks downstairs Well, let's hope I rebound from last game. Coach almost had my head for that bad drop, so did everyone else. Thankfully there was a flag on the play, letting us win with the field goal. The two walk out the door....

"Fourth Quarter, score knotted at 31 a piece. Last chance for the visiting team before overtime. The QB snaps it and it's a hail mary folks. the commentator says. "It's got plenty of air under it. It looks go- NO WAIT! INTERCEPTION!" Leo had a great read and picked the ball off. He was having the game of his life, over 200 yards receiving with 3 TD's and 1, now 2, interceptions. Now he was running for his life "PICKED BY NUMBER 18 OF THE HAWKS, LEEEOOOOO SCARLETT!" The crowd goes wild and the other team was after him, and one defender waited in the end zone in case of the worst were to happen. It looked like it was. "20! 15! 10! 5! OH..... That looks bad folks. He collides bad with number 39 of the Knights on the goal line. Officials call it...A TOUCHDOWN! Hawks win the game! Number 18 still down on the play. Stay off the field everyone, this looks bad." The paramedics were on the field as soon as they could be. Leo was breathing, but hazy. The medics nodded to each other and he was loaded onto a gurney (or whatever those are called), and Leo is able to give the crowd a thumbs-up, which they lose it over, before his arm goes down and he blacks out. The teen is barely able to hear "He's going to be ok folks. Now you may go. With this win, the Hawks go 7-3 on the season and with enough points to make the playoffs, thanks to this amazing play. That boy deserves the rest he's going to get for this.

"Ah! So you're finally awake. It's about time." A shrill voice brings Leo to life. He groans and stands up. "Wh-where the hell am I?" he asks. The figure rolls its eyes "You're in the armory, you nincompoop. Here, now put this on, quickly." Middle-age style clothing is thrown on him and the door closes. Leo stares at it. Not what I had in mind, but not a bad way to start out after a win. Is this some kind of LARPing thing? he thought. Leo quickly changes out of his football gear and puts on the clothing. He walks out the door, and once it shuts, the football gear disappears.

"It's about time! Now take this!" an ax and traveler's pack is forced into his hands. The figure is what looks like a paladin. "What is this? Some kind of role playing thing?" Leo blurts out before realizing what he said. The man looks at him in disbelief, not to mention disgust, then his face lightens and says, "You think this is a game, right?" his face goes back to the anger it was "WELL IT'S NOT!" Leo stares at the paladin, who finally calms down and then adds, "You're going on a quest. There's a mansion in the distance. You and your group, who is late, at least you showed up on time, are to go there, and exterminate the dark forces inside, since none of our other teams can do it." The paladin walks out, and a lady walks in, a cleric, but stronger.

"I'm guessing you're a cleric." Leo says. She nods "You're a sharp one. Sorry about the captain's temper, he hates lateness and the incompetence of the knights. Since your spirit has chosen this path, of a war monk, I have been sent to explain better." She explains everything and he looks at her in shock, "So you're telling me that this team that I haven't met needs to go this mansion we haven't seen and defeat an evil psycho to get home, and if we die, we die for good." The war monk nods and then adds, "To help you specifically, take this, it's old and won't do as much good, but it's better than nothing." The lady gives him a flute. She adds, "If you play a good tune, you and your companions will gain some help, like a boost in speed, courage, strength and other things like that." He nods, "Thanks, I will use it well." Leo puts it in his pack while the lady motions to the garden outside. "Wait there for everyone else, then the path forward will be revealed once everyone has gathered." Leo nods again and heads for the garden. The war cleric yells out, "Good luck, and nice ears!"

((Ok, you can have a master of your class speak to you if you wish. we will meet in the garden. Lastly, I am again sorry for the football terminology and I apologize for the many references I will likely make throughout this whole thing.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 00:10 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 21:50 »
Bleh, sorry this took so long, I've been busy the last few days OTL
Man, I gotta stop re-using characters I am currently using in something else.

Character form:
Name: Fay Gardener
Appearance: Fay is average height and build. She isn't particularly strong or fast, but she is somewhat agile. She has shoulder length, light brown hair and light brown eyes.
Personality: Fay is strong and determined but also compassionate. She can and will fight when needed, but she prefers to make sure everyone else stays in good shape. She's usually a little on the serious side and can't really take a joke. She doesn't let personal feeling get in the way of her doing her job, but if she doesn't like you, she'll let you know.
Class: Cleric
Weaponry: A healing staff with a shard of chrysoprase topping it, a couple odd, engraved pieces of metal used to create a barrier for a short time, a wand used to cast buffs, debuffs, and weak attacks (it is also rather pointy can could be used as a stabbing weapon as a last resort)
Other: (Any other significant piece of info we might want to know. Ex. You can have a familiar if you are a mage, just don't make it too strong, just give it minor abilities. This part of the form is optional.)

Character form:
Name: Mira Young
Appearance: Mira is of average build and a little on the short side. She is a bit faster and stronger then you'd expect, but that's not really saying much. She isn't great at taking a hit, but she is pretty good at avoiding them in the first place. She has long black hair and dark brown eyes.
Personality: Mira has a kind and sensitive nature. She tries to avoid conflict with friends when possible, but she isn't always much of a peacemaker, though sometimes, if things are getting too out of hand, she'll try to settle a conflict, but she generally prefers to let them settle it themselves. She is a fast learner and can think on her feet. In battle, she may not be the first to charge in, but she won't be too far behind.
Class: Mage
Weaponry: A pendant with spaces for up to five magic-enhancing gemstones (these stones can be changed up if a better one is found), a dagger because not everything can be done with magic alone
Other: Small dragon familiar

Familiar:

Name: Jeon
Appearance: Jeon is a small dragon, about the size of a cat. His scales are black, almost the same colour as Mira's hair, but with a slight blueish tint that is especially noticeable in bright light. He has dark blue eyes, small horns on his head, and a couple small spikes at the end of his tail.
Personality: Jeon is generally a calm little dragon, perching on his master's shoulder or on top of their head most of the time. He is loyal to his master and do whatever he can to help. During downtime, he can be quite playful, running and flying around until he wears himself out, then sleeping for several hours or until he is needed. He is naturally attracted to magic objects, but has a preference for shiny objects, regardless of how powerful they are.
Abilities: Jeon can breath small quantities of fire, can fly, is pretty good at finding objects with magic properties, and can telepathically communicate with Mira.

Starter Post: Fay sighed heavily as she stared at the massive textbook on the table in front of her. She had a bio test coming up in a few days and while biology was one of her favorite subjects, it was still tedious and painful to study. She glossed over the words on the page, not really reading them, her eyes were getting too tired for that. She rested her head on her hand and blinked slowly before deciding it was time to call it a night. She was too tired to even bother changing, she just crawled into bed and quickly fell asleep.

"Hey," a soft voice called, "are you awake yet?" Fay groaned in a tone meant to indicate she was awake but would rather not be. Her eyes flickered open and she saw the face of an unfamiliar young woman. "Here," the woman says as she handed Fay some cloths, "change into this and meet me in the armory just outside this room." She left the room to give Fay some privacy.

Fay held the cloths up to get a better look at them. The seemed to be a middle-age style, like what the strange woman was wearing. "What is this?" Fay thought, "some kind of costume party?" She changed into the unusual cloths as more questions ran through her head, "what was she talking about an armory?" "how did I get here?" "why am I here?" Once dressed, she left the room and stepped out into what she assumed was the armory. The strange girl was there waiting for her.

"Oh, that looks wonderful on you!" the woman exclaimed. "Now, let's make this as quick as possible. First, you will need this," she said as she passed Fay a staff and a bag. "You are to be a cleric, you will use that staff to heal your allies. That bag contains a few other little things that should help you."

Fay just took the things and stared in confusion. "Okay, but, what's going on here?" she asked.

"Outside, you will meet others who you are to join for this quest. You and your group are to go to a mansion some ways away from here and eliminate the dark forces residing there," the woman explained. Fay tried to ask another question, but before she could, the woman pushed her outside. "Now, go. Good luck, and stay safe!" she said before closing the door.

Mira was on her way to visit one of her friends. It was dark out and pretty foggy. Normally, she wouldn't be driving in these conditions, but her friend had called her, sounding rather upset about something. Mira wasn't sure exactly what her friend was upset about, it was hard to tell what she was saying through the sobs over the phone, but it was clear to her that she needed to be there for her friend. Because of the heavy fog, she had to pay close attention to the road, which was hard as as concerns for her friend wracked at her mind, she didn't even notice the other car barreling toward her uncontrollably. The reckless driver swiped her side, causing her to swerve off the road and wrap her car around the pole of a streetlight, knocking her unconscious.

"Ugh, wake up already, will you?" Mira heard a nearby voice say. Were they talking to her? She opened her eyes to reveal a young man in unusual looking cloths. "Oh, okay, you are awake," he said, somewhat surprised. "Finally," he added a little rudely.

Mira started to sit up. She was uninjured and unable to  remember what happened before she went unconscious. "Umm, who are you?" she asked.

"Not important," the man exclaimed. "Anyway, let's just get down to it. You must go on a quest to a distant mansion and defeat the evil that lurks within it."

"What?!" Mira nearly shouted. "Man, I just woke up and you're telling me crazy things like that? Wow, I almost believed you there."

"Whether or not you believe me now doesn't matter, you'll learn it is true once you start your quest. For now, just take this," he said as he handed her a bag. "In there you will find some clothes, a pendent, and a dagger. Change into the clothes and meet me outside," he said before leaving the room.

Mira changed into the middle-age style clothes, put on the pendent, and slit the dagger into a sheath on her waistband. She took the bag and left the room. "Okay, now what?"

"That's it. Now you must go out to the garden to meet the rest of your team."

"Oh, umm, okay."

Mira was about to leave the room before the man called out again. "Hold on, one more thing." Mira turned back toward the man as he handed her a small book, "since you are to be a mage, this should help you get started learning the ropes."

She took the book before asking, "I'm a mage? What?"

The man sighed, "a little slow on the uptake, aren't you." He waited for Mira to put the book in her bag before telling her, "one last thing, outside you will meet a... creature. You'll know him when you see him. His name is Jeon and he has chosen you to be his master."

Mira wasn't even sure what to say at this point, she decided she would just try and figure it all out as she went. She went to leave again, the man wishing her good luck as she closed the door behind her.

Fun fact: I named the dragon after my mothers cat.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 00:06 by dragoncat »
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 01:00 »
Character form:
Name: Jamie McSeeley
Appearance: Jamie dyed his hair jet black in an act of defiance towards his parents and because "it looks cool." His hair, strangely bird-like appearance and accent landed the Scot with the nickname "Raven" at school. His face is made up of sharp definition but contrasted by soft brown eyes giving him a likeable, almost innocent aura. He generally wears black clothing, not only because of his nickname but because blends in at night, Jamie's favourite time of day.
Personality: He's defiant and quirky, never really fitting in despite having no enemies among his peers. He wages war on adult-kind by sneaking out at night, skipping school and shoplifting. Despite this, he still smiles at an old ladies he passes in the street. He cares for his sister, Anna, deeply although he thinks that she's too clingy and overprotective of him.
Class: Rogue
Weaponry: A number of concealed knives including a special blade hidden in an inside pocket of his tunic-top that is imbued with a magic that ensures that the wounds it makes cannot be cauterised or clotted.
Starter Post: See joint post below.

Character form:
Name: Anna McSeeley
Appearance: Anna embraces the natural hair colour of the McSeeley family, ash blonde, keeping it styled long but pulled back into a ponytail that reaches the small of her back. She, too, has the lanky, bird-like features but is much less fit than her brother and lacks physical strength.
Personality: Best described as the chalk to her brother's cheese, Anna is quiet and attempts to get along with everyone. She is selfless, and as such she tries to keep her brother, Jamie, out of trouble with the police by accompanying him in his late night excursions. Once or twice, this has led to Anna being kept in a cell overnight for "breaking and entering" while her brother escaped. Anna enjoys the company of animals and generally being outdoors and keeps three cats, an iguana and a dog. She studies Zoology at university.
Class: Archer
Weaponry: Anna is given a huge bow, meant for a grown man and an equally large quiver. She also has a pair of short swords in case her enemies become too close for comfort.

Starter Post:
"Jamie. JAMIE. There are people coming. Jamie RUN!" Anna hissed as her brother looted not only the till but several expensive watches and some quartz earrings for his mother's Birthday.
"Oh, come on, Anna. This is the fun bit." He didn't even attempt hushed tones but almost beckoned the man who owned the shop towards them so that, as usual, Jamie could get his adrenaline kick from running only at the last possible moment.
"For God's sake. When are you going to grow out of this?" Anna said as she tried to drag Jamie out of the shop before they could get caught and before 999 could be rung and before either of them could be taken to prison. Despite her best efforts, her plan also wasn't working as Jamie had clearly seen something else he liked. Anna sighed as the heavy footsteps reached the last could of stairs just beyond the back wall of the shop. "Well, you may like being caught by the police but I don't, Jamie. I can't keep covering for you." She said, as she opened the door to leave her brother behind but stopped as she heard a grunt and a thud and saw her brother, unconscious on the floor.
The jeweller brought back his fist and rounded on Anna who swore and dived towards her brother as the man's big fat knuckles connected with her face.

When Anna resurfaced it appeared to be day time as the light poured in through the windows around them. She wondered how long she had been asleep, where she was, and most importantly, why she had woken up holding her brother's hand. Jamie awoke and quickly pulled his hand away from Anna and sat up.
"Any idea where we are, genius?" Anna asked. But before either had a moment to think or answer the question a man walked in and placed clothes at their feet, gesturing for the pair of them to dress.
"Well, don't worry they're only clothes!" Said the man, reciprocating the odd looks he was receiving from the siblings. He left the room as Jamie decided to investigate the pile of… rags they had been given to wear.
"Think this is real, Anna?"
"I don't know but I suggest we play along. Now turn around while I get changed, you creep."
"HURRY UP, BONEHEADS. YOU NEED TO GET READY FOR YOUR QUEST QUICKLY." shouted a voice from outside of the room. They hurried.

Once changed, Anna and Jamie left the room where they woke up and were taken to another room that had a similar structure to the last but was much larger, an armoury in which there were other kids, none that seemed any older than Anna, being given weapons and shields and suchlike. A woman appeared in front of the pair of them and began telling them that they were here for a quest - to make their way to a large house, defeat a beastly psychopath and then return. She also explained that death upon their quest was real.
"Like some kind of weird reality videogame. I was never very good at Dungeons and Dragons." said Jamie, but before Anna could reply they were split away from each other and given specialised weapons and armour; knives and concealable weapons for Jamie and a huge bow and quiver for Anna.
"I'm guessing I'm an archer." said Anna "But you look like Rob Roy or William Wallace!" She laughed at Jamie's rogue attire until the woman who had told them about the quest came back and handed Jamie another dagger.
"Here, I have secured a dagger for you which is magically imbued with a spell that prevents the wounds it makes from cauterising and clotting. Keep it safe."
Jamie looked at it in wonder before tucking it away under his top layer of clothes.
"Now, make your way to the garden through that door" she pointed at the far end of the room "Everyone is waiting."
Anna and Jamie hurried off in the direction of the door, not wanting to bear the brunt of any military discipline required. When they stepped out into the garden they saw the other teenagers who had been inside the armoury, dressed in similar middle age style clothes and wielding various weapons. The siblings stood awkwardly at the edge of the group.

((Sorry it took so long - I had a busy weekend))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:15 by Waterstone »
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 19:47 »
Well, I might be tempted to make another character, but you guys look good so far. Drop a post here when you are finished. Jamie's knife sounds brutal and yeah. Let's hope he isn't a traitor. Just be careful where he points that.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 20:25 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 22:14 »
Name: Theo Arrie
Appearance: Theo is a little taller than average, standing at about five feet, seven inches tall with a slender and muscular feminine build. Her skin is deep brown, and her ebony hair in buzzed thinly against her head. Theo's hairstyle compliments her ovular face with high cheekbones, and her eyes are just as dark as her hair. In the dream, Theo is wearing a white tank top, and black leggings with black Vans.
Personality: Theo is rather sporty and a bit tomboyish in some aspects. She's never been one to turn down a fight, even if she knows she's outmatched. She can be a bit aggressive and short with people at times, but she usually just tries to keep her mouth shut if she's not trying to start anything. As a result, she can come across as quiet at times, but she's usually doing more thinking than she is speaking.
Class: Druid
Weaponry: Throwing knives
Other: Has a bear cub familiar

Familiar:
Name: Jasper
Appearance: Jasper is a small grizzly bear cub. He's only about knee height on an average person.
Personality: Jasper is a bit of a goof, and needs some encouragement to get into conflict. He tries to communicate with humans as best as he can, even though the language barrier sometimes misconstrues his intentions. He can be a bit of a coward, but that's not much of a surprise, given he's so little. However, he can get crafty to make up for it. He sticks by Theo's side almost constantly, like a cub to its mother.

Starter Post: Theo walked into her bedroom, rubbing her hair down with a towel. After she was fairly sure it was dry, she ran her hands along the tiny curls on his scalp, making sure that she was ready for bed. The hockey game she had played in earlier had left her sweaty and quite smelly, but a long hot shower left her clean and ready for bed. Tomorrow will be a day of rest, she thought to herself, disrobing and putting on a tank top and shorts for bed. She climbed into her bed, and threw a comforter over herself. She felt her cat jump on the bed, and begin to knead at the area by her feet, getting ready for another catnap by Theo's side. Theo drifted off to sleep almost the moment she shut her eyes.

Theo's brown eyes opened, looking at a dark ceiling that... didn't look anything like the white ceiling that was in her room. Still dosing a bit, Theo turned her head to the side, noticing that there was a woman in the room. Theo jolted upright, and stared wildly at the woman, trying to decide what her next woman should be. The woman quietly laughed, and put some clothes at the foot of Theo's bed, only intensifying Theo's confusion. "Don't look at me like that!" the woman said, cracking a smile. "You're alright. Just put these clothes on, and meet me in the other room." With that, the woman turned and left.

Theo got out of bed, and looked at the clothes. There were some black leggings, some undergarments, and a black top. Seriously? Black on black? Theo thought, looking down at her pajamas. I'm keeping this tank on... She began to change into her new clothes, and walked out the door to meet this mysterious woman.

When Theo closed the door behind her on the way in, there woman was standing there with a small bear cub. "I didn't want to wear black on black," Theo stated, looking down at the cub. "Is it tame?"

"Not only is it tame, this is your Spirit Bear!" She said, bending down and nudging the bear in the rump. The bear stumbled forward, and began to slowly walk next to Theo. "His name is Jasper. Don't worry, he'll get bigger!" she said, followed by a small laugh. Theo looked down at the bear, whose brown eyes were now staring into hers.

"What's going on?" Theo asked, looking back up at the woman.

"Well, your spirit, and your spirit bear of course, have been chosen to go on a wonderful journey through an old castle, filled with monsters to be slain, and at the end, you need to destroy the dark crystal," she said with a grin. "You two won't be alone though! You have some friends that are by the gardens in the courtyard, right out this door. You should go become acquainted with them!"

"So... this is a dream?" Theo asked skeptically.

"Well... kind of. But don't get too crazy, because if you do something, and if you die, then you'll die in your physical world too. But, that won't happen. Or, shouldn't happen. Not with what's in this bag," she said, taking a bag off of the ground and handing it to Theo. Theo opened it, and inside there was a belt with several full holders for throwing knives, and a few extra sheathed knives. There was also a huge book, which Theo removed and flipped through, finding that only the first few pages had anything written in it. "That's a tome," the woman informed her. "You can use any spells that manipulate the natural environment, and do a little bit of alchemy. You're no mage, but Druids need their spells too."

"Druid?" Theo asked, putting the belt on. "Also, I wish my pants had belt loops..." It hung a little off of her hips, but overall seemed snug.

"Ah, yes. You have the innate ability to commune with animals, and also a bit of spell knowledge on the natural world. Your bear will do most of the fighting for you, and you two will need to work together to reach your full potential," she explained. "But, look at me, talking your ears off. You're already late to meet the others in the garden. Move along now!" she said, motioning towards the door. Theo opened the door and walked through, her bear in tow. She could see two boys, and three girls. Theo found a stone wall that held some plants near the group, and took a seat, crossing her legs, while Jasper sat next to her, still staring up at her expectantly. Theo looked down at him and gave him a scratch between the ears, much to his pleasure.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:35 by Kpyna »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 23:16 »
Alright, everyone's forms are looking good so far. Just a reminder to drop a post here when you're done so I can look it all over. Dragoncat, if you don't mind, can I just put your characters on the list on accepted ones? Even though you aren't done, it looks good enough to me.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 00:06 »
Sure, go ahead! Really, I'm pretty sure I'm actually done. I was going to have my two characters meet in the starter, but it's getting a little too long, so I'll just leave it where it is.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 00:14 »
Alright, i'll edit that in. Feel free to put that in if you want, just needed to know if you cared whether or not I put you in when you weren't done.

Anyone else who wants in, feel free to make a form.

Edit: Theo and Jasper are accepted. Also, we don't seem to have that classic warrior type yet. If no one jumps in to fill that, I shall make a second character.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:51 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17 »
Yo Blaze. Any chance I could reserve a slot?

Also it's nice to see activity on here again.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 23:03 »
Rhea. My goodness, what impeccable timing you have. Of course i'll reserve you a spot, along with someone else who shot me a pm. I'll just wait for forms to finish and we shall start.