Author Topic: The New Eevee May Be A Flying Type  (Read 12354 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: The New Eevee May Be A Flying Type
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 14:53 »
Found these gifs on tumblr. Might be a help

it seems to be using Petal Dance(?), a possible dark move (might be confuse ray?) and looks like Swift. God knows what the one with cards is :s

EDIT: Also seen speculation that Sylveon is it's English name? I have no backup for this only posts on tumblr.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 14:57 by Shaymin »

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 15:11 »
It is Sylveon... I wonder what percentage of people will call it Sylvia. Oh dear.

As for the moves... Swift I agree with, as well as confuse ray. I don't think that flashy move is petal dance though. As for the other one, I call trump card.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 15:21 »
It is Sylveon... I wonder what percentage of people will call it Sylvia. Oh dear.

im probably gonna call it sylvia now because of the Antlers song...... lol.......

its slowly growing on me ngl

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 15:27 »
Wow so Sylveon? I'm really intrigued by that card move, looks like it's throwing playing cards or AR cards or something. One of them looks like swift, the other like focus blast or something.

And it's officially still ???-type?

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 15:30 »
Lots of people are convinced it's light type. Certainly looks like it could be :l

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 15:38 »
Name search
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvia_(disambiguation)
In Roman mythology, Silvia is the goddess of the forest and the moon, the sister of Romei, who is greatly trusted as her husband.
Yeah, I've got nothing. I'm going to sit and watch. :>
Really enjoying the ambiguity.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 15:40 by DORUmon »

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 15:41 »
...Hey, I just noticed something about that evolution diagram. The ones on the right are all super effective against their opposing evolution. Flareon against Glaceon, Umbreon against Espeon, Leafeon against Vaporeon. It would be reasonable to assume that this means that the first four are all super effective against their opposite evolution, meaning that Jolteon is super effective against Sylveon. And we already have a water eevee-lution... So the only remaining existing type which electric is super effective against is flying.

Just something to think about.

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 15:53 »
A lot of people think the new type is going to be 'Love Type'. For a start, this information was intended to be released on the 14th - Valentines Day (We just got the leak earlier). I've never seen Corocoro freak out over types as much as they did in that Ninfia page, sure we've had Zekrom and Reshiram's type hidden, but literally this has stuff written about 'What could it's type be?' 'What type is it?!' 'Can you guess what the type is?!' all over it, seems like they're really hyping it up.

Not to mention every Eeveelution is weak against another...apart from Umbreon. If Yveltal is a Dark legendary, maybe Xerneas could be the 'Light' or 'Love' legendary, maybe dual typed with grass. 'Sylvians' are wood spirits, and Xerneas was seen in the woods. Pokemon like clefairy, chansey, audino, jigglypuff, luvdisc, even woobat etc. could fit in as a 'love' type or Love dual-type and there are already a number of moves like heart stamp, attract etc. which could be used as a type.

A new Eevee movie would be a great way to show off a new type to everybody as Eeveelutions demonstrate types very well.

I don't know, it does seem very much like a new type.

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

Meet Sylveon, a newly discovered evolution of Eevee! Eevee first appeared in the original Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. Experienced Pokémon Trainers know that Eevee can evolve into seven different types, and now a new Eevee evolution with a different type has been revealed! What type is Sylveon? You'll have to wait to find out!

EDIT: Also from the Pokemon Facebook page:

Happy Valentine's Day Trainers! Our heartfelt gift to you is a first look at Sylveon, a newly discovered evolution of Eevee! What type do you think this Pokémon is?

Heart type? Love type? I can't believe I'm really suggesting this but it's starting to seem very likely.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 15:56 by Turner »

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 16:00 »
A lot of people think the new type is going to be 'Love Type'.

That would be horrible. If they have never freaked out quite as much as that before about possible types then it would be a good indicator of a new type, but all the same... Anything but that.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 16:06 »
That would be horrible. If they have never freaked out quite as much as that before about possible types then it would be a good indicator of a new type, but all the same... Anything but that.

Yeah...I think 'Love' type would be a little bit of a weird name to give it. Personally I think they will call it some kind of combination of love/magic/fairy/light. We already have a fairy egg group. I think the type itself will be something like those words. It makes no sense for Pokemon like togekiss, porygon, clefairy, wigglytuff etc. to be thrown in with the normal rats and pidgeys. I think whatever Pokemon Xerneas is it will be dual-typed with this new type if there is one.

EDIT:

Sylveon's German name is Feelinara, Fee = Fairy in German

Fairy type? Light type? Saint type? We'll find out in July at least when the movie airs..
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 16:09 by Turner »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 17:49 »
Weird that it's named after something foresty. I'd guess light type, can't see them making so much of a thing about it's type if it's just an already existing one.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 22:33 »
I think it's a Normal type. In the new video just released, it clearly is shown to use Trump Card and Swift.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 00:52 »
There's always a possibility it's named after a Sylph http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph, which is a type of air spirit. Which sort of fits into the Nymph / Fairy naming patterns for the Japanese/French and German names.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline ajeeth23

• Rob Fan
  • Can you stay up for the weekend?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 11:44 »
It's supposed to be a Normal type with some new secret evo method. I honestly don't think there are gonna be any new types.
RAjeeth.

(That's how I sign. *shrugs*)

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 16:07 »
it has similar colours for dragon type but does not look dragony enough to be one.
I can imagine a cheesy 'friend' type if it is not  new type then it has to be normal type :U

Y FC:0344-9270-9498