Author Topic: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!  (Read 7443 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
Re: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 08:11 »
Fairy type? So there are now 18 types? This is so good, I cannot wait for the game to come out. But why isn't Clefairy family listed as "fairy"-type?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 08:16 »
It doesn't appear to be a full list of old fairy-type Pokemon.

They tend to release these things in drips, we probably won't have an official full list until the game's release.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 08:36 »
Liking Fairy type, and it looks like my prediction may hold water: Grass/Fairy and Flying/Dragon would make Xerneas and Yvetal both strong and weak against one of the opponent's types.

Friendship mechanic is... interesting. Still a bit iffy on how it'll play into Pokemon becoming better in battles, but we'll see how that turns out...

Looking forward to Clefable and Gardevoir hopefully rising from NU with their new typing.

Kinda not too keen on Talonflame. It's alright I suppose, but not what I had hoped for when I fell in love with Fletchling.

Sky Battles are interesting as well. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how these play out and if they become a competitive arena with their own set of rules.

Overall pretty excited for gen 6 still.
Discord - richardblaziken

MonsterMon64

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 17:10 »
Kinda not too keen on Talonflame. It's alright I suppose, but not what I had hoped for when I fell in love with Fletchling.
I can deal with its typing. I can deal with the fact that it's not really a robin anymore. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I think it's pretty cool. But Talonflame? I don't think I've ever had a real issue with a Pokemon's name before, but ugh, it's like they weren't even trying.

I'll probably still use it, though.

Offline Buttons The Plural™

• i like being vague as much as i like doing that other thing.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 06:04 »
I am excited for the new games, especially with the new type and new style of game play. Too bad i don't have a 3DS :(

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 06:50 »
Hey, we got pretty close with the bug type, tipping off to the butterfly bow.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 16:19 »
Just a thought that came into my mind today, with Fairies being the new big thing in the game, it got me wondering if the Cute Event Pokemon of this gen (In line with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy/Shaymin, Victini/Meloetta) will be based on a traditional Fairy (Human body, wings, etc.).

Hell I'm calling it, a Fairy event mon for this gen. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 05:14 »
What are Fairy-type Pokémon weak to, I wonder?

And perhaps there could be a new pure Fairy-type Pokémon being shown.

quack98

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 16:57 »
Before you read this, it is speculation, not released (as far as I know

Fairys basically there replacement for magic (seems to be what most people are saying), magic is supposed to be voided by iron. I know steel isn't iron, but it's a compound of iron and carbon, so would have a similar effect (that, and steel is just 'metal' named better/different) and therefore steel should be resistant/immune to fairy

Also, Silver bullets are quite commonly known for killing mythical creatures of various kinds, so Steel could be supereffective against fairy, maybe?

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 18:10 »
Before you read this, it is speculation, not released (as far as I know

Fairys basically there replacement for magic (seems to be what most people are saying), magic is supposed to be voided by iron. I know steel isn't iron, but it's a compound of iron and carbon, so would have a similar effect (that, and steel is just 'metal' named better/different) and therefore steel should be resistant/immune to fairy

Also, Silver bullets are quite commonly known for killing mythical creatures of various kinds, so Steel could be supereffective against fairy, maybe?
I think poison should also be supereffective against fairy type too, and if its true, its good that steel is supereffective as steel is only good against ice and rock and poison is only good against grass.

Offline Silverwing Bloodsplash

• Hey bros, since when I was a
  • Rob Fan
  • Sexy Smooth Silver Swagger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 19:42 »
I believe that either Fairy should be weak to Electric, or Electric should be weak to Fairy, to keep the pattern for the Eeveelutions going.
.-v-.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 20:53 »
I think fairy will at least be weak to poison and steel for sure, poison is commonly used to kill fairies in various fairy tales and apparently cold iron is another one that fairies are traditionally weak to, so I guess steel would fall under that.

quack98

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 21:49 »
Poison definitely needs a boost, and I think if fairies going to have the huge advantage of stopping dragons, it's going to have a few major downfalls, so maybe another more severe weakness?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 22:06 »
Poison definitely needs a boost, and I think if fairies going to have the huge advantage of stopping dragons, it's going to have a few major downfalls, so maybe another more severe weakness?

It'd be better if it DIDN'T have a severe weakness really. If Poison and Steel are it's only weaknesses (Theoretically) then GameFreak will naturally give those two types a much needed buff and more people will start using them more. If it's say, Poison/Steel/Fire then everyone is just going to think 'screw Poison and Steel, I'll just get a fire type'.

quack98

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 22:12 »
Steel has the huge advantage of a massive defensive presence though, and most competitive teams use one (in game not so much, as there's a lack of them (bar Magnemite and klingklang, which few people like)) but it will be nice to use them offensively. Poison types probably won't be used as much as steel, as it hasn't got a great move pool (unless they buff this too).

I'm imagining that Fairy, in terms of defense, will be specially based, which gives even more reason for steel to be used (scizor with bullet punch, for example).

Slightly off topic, but what are the good poison types?