Author Topic: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!  (Read 7437 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
Re: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 22:46 »
Steel has the huge advantage of a massive defensive presence though, and most competitive teams use one (in game not so much, as there's a lack of them (bar Magnemite and klingklang, which few people like)) but it will be nice to use them offensively. Poison types probably won't be used as much as steel, as it hasn't got a great move pool (unless they buff this too).

I'm imagining that Fairy, in terms of defense, will be specially based, which gives even more reason for steel to be used (scizor with bullet punch, for example).

Slightly off topic, but what are the good poison types?
Venusaur is a good sun team member in OU, and Roserade's a decent pokemon in UU. Nidoking is the king of attackers in UU and Nidoqueen is also in a solid position in UU. Gengar's a very dangerous OU threat. Crobat is very popular in UU. Toxicroak's another good OU poison type, but he's not seen too often due to the prevalence of drought teams, but he is good on rain teams. Amoongus is a really good pokemon in RU, and (unfortunetly) Garbodor is actually not trash in the NU tier. Weezing is another strong NU pokemon and Tentacruel is a very strong defensive spinner in OU. Venomoth is also very powerful due to a very accurate sleep powder(wonder skin) and quiver dance. After that, the few remaining poison type's are rarely seen. So there are a lot of powerful poison types in the tiers, however, take in mind at least half of the poison type's listed don't even use poison moves typically. There are also very few pure poison types on this list (Weezing and Garbodor are the only one's. Although good, they're both in the NU tier for a reason).

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 05:48 »
would love it to resist dragon
see poison being se towards fairy but steel is a bit meh

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

quack98

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36 »
Venusaur is a good sun team member in OU, and Roserade's a decent pokemon in UU. Nidoking is the king of attackers in UU and Nidoqueen is also in a solid position in UU. Gengar's a very dangerous OU threat. Crobat is very popular in UU. Toxicroak's another good OU poison type, but he's not seen too often due to the prevalence of drought teams, but he is good on rain teams. Amoongus is a really good pokemon in RU, and (unfortunetly) Garbodor is actually not trash in the NU tier. Weezing is another strong NU pokemon and Tentacruel is a very strong defensive spinner in OU. Venomoth is also very powerful due to a very accurate sleep powder(wonder skin) and quiver dance. After that, the few remaining poison type's are rarely seen. So there are a lot of powerful poison types in the tiers, however, take in mind at least half of the poison type's listed don't even use poison moves typically. There are also very few pure poison types on this list (Weezing and Garbodor are the only one's. Although good, they're both in the NU tier for a reason).

Thanks, I just never use poison types so I didn't know! Actually, I can't believe I didn't recall that venusaur was a poison type (I rarely use him as it is, and when I do he doesn't have a poison move).

Just a thought, but poison touch adds a small chance of poisoning so (in game) this and venoshock could work together. (Online or competitively this'd probably be too chancy)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 10:56 »
Poison Touch is generally outclassed by other abilities. Not only is it unreliable, but Toxic damage does more than regular Poison. It's somewhat useful on Muk, but Muk is much better off as a physical attacker, so Sludge Wave would be a complete waste on him, whereas Seismitoad has the incredibly useful Water Absorb and Swift Swim to make use of, and Toxicroak is also a physical attacker that thrives on the health that Rain gives him, due to Dry Skin. In short, no, Poison Touch and Sludge Wave don't make an effective combination on any Pokemon currently, and even if a special attacking Poison type got it, it would be an unreliable option at best, and even in-game it's not as useful for Seismitoad as Water Absorb is, as Seismitoad doesn't enjoy using Poison moves, due to terrible coverage that a simple Ice Beam grants, so even in-game, this is a bad tactic on any Pokemon that receives the ability.
Discord - richardblaziken