General Category > PKMN.NET

Password Information - Firefox

(1/1)

Utack and Swampy:
So, funny story...I've forgotten my password. However, I'm still logged in on my laptop, so I can still access my account.

Not a big deal usually, you just say you forgot your password, go to your e-mail, get a new one, and your good to go.

Problem is, I've just noticed my e-mail is misspelled...So I cannot retrieve my password from it. No sweat, just use your security question.

Problem is, I type in the answer to my security question, but it doesn't seem to be working.

So..I'm a bit stuck ^^; I can't recall my password, my e-mail is mistyped, and I must have forgotten the answer to my security question. Is there anything I might be able to do?

Edit: Never mind, I went and created the wrong e-mail, and reset my password. I'll just reset my wrong password to my right one and the problem will be solved!

Edit2: I reset my password, and can easily log in under IE, but whenever I try to login under Firefox, it tells me I have the wrong password, and in the second attempt, to check my cookie settings. I've gone and made sure pkmn.net is on the allowed list, but I get the same results. When I click remember password, it tells me: Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. I've made sure I'm logged out from it in IE when I try to log in on Firefox, but it still insists my password is wrong, even though when I use it to log back into IE it works fine.

So, uh..I'm stuck ^-^;

Edit 3: I figured it out. Firefox will not allow capital letters in pkmn.net's password to process through. So, no matter what my password is, if it has a capital letter, I cannot log into pkmn.net through Firefox. I went into IE, changed the password to all lowercase letters, and I was able to login to Firefox fine.

I dunno if it's a fluke on pkmn.net's end, Firefox's end, or my end, but that's my solution to the problem ^^;

Logging out of Pkmn.net through Firefox seems to take on a whole new problem, but I'm not gonna bother with it at the moment XD

Trainer Dave:
I'm logged in through Firefox without issue. The problems you're having might be if you've got the old password stored somewhere and it's using that instead. I suggest deleting all PKMN.NET cookies and passwords from Firefox then trying to login.

Also, for future reference - if you can't get access to your account, try emailing the admins. They're usually quite helpful!

Utack and Swampy:
Ah, I hadn't considered that! I'll give wiping the cookies a shot, and keep the e-mail option in mind if I have trouble in the future, thanks!  ^.^

Joeno:
The email option isn't always that good an idea - we're not going to give you the password to an account just because you ask for it! That'd make breaking in a bit too easy.

If you do so, we expect you to email from the email address associated with the account or provide us with other proof that you are in charge of the account. Beyond that, the responsibility of keeping track of this information lies with you, not us - we just need to make sure we keep this information secure on our side.

Utack and Swampy:
Understood. I'll just have to do a better job of keeping my e-mail and password and security question updated in the future.

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version