Author Topic: 101 things not to ask a retail assisstant...  (Read 6658 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: 101 things not to ask a retail assisstant...
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2013, 17:03 »
One time, I went to Wendy's with my family, and we got our order, and it was completely wrong, we politely asked for them to fix it and the lady got an attitude saying in these exact words "I don't have to do anything to fix it" and she got up in my dad's face, he lost his temper and got into a shouting match with the clerk, eventually, the manager came and tried to solve it, but instead, the worked lied and the manager believed her, so my dad pulled away in anger. To this day, we always check our orders to make sure no one screwed up. As a constellation prize, my order was right and I'm pretty sure the lady was fired.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2013, 17:40 »
I also hate people who arent specific about their food orders when it's busy. If I get an order through in the kitchen that doesn't specify you don't want salad, I'm not going to know that you don't want it. On that matter, why, if the ticket messes up and for some reason we don't get the message, why can't you just pick the salad out of your heart-attack on a plate yourself?

Or is that too much to ask for when there's an hour wait on food and 40 meals in the queue whilst two of us are trying to get things finished as quickly as possible...
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2013, 18:04 »
tbh I hate picky eaters as it is without working in a restaurant or whatever. Unless you have like a serious allergy then I don't get why people need to make a drama about being given salad or whatever.

ugh today has been full of idiots I want to go home plz

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 20:27 »
tbh I hate picky eaters as it is without working in a restaurant or whatever. Unless you have like a serious allergy then I don't get why people need to make a drama about being given salad or whatever.

A bit like my future brother in law. Alice's dad asked me to cook the BBQ while he sorted out the rest of the sides (pizza, chicken nuggets etc) and to make sure I didn't kill anyone, did all the meats quite well done to, you know, make sure it's cooked. Her brother (who is Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, but you want to punch him twice as much) kicked up a massive unnecessary fuss because the sausages weren't cooked to his exact specifications. So I gave him two choices: Deal with it, or piss off.

I wouldn't last two minutes in a restaurant...
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2013, 20:34 »
If he was that particular about his food he should cook it himself...
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2013, 21:08 »
Children. I hate them. I hate them and I hate their "parents" who think that PET SHOP = CRECHE AND DROP OFF/PICK UP POINT.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2013, 22:05 »
If he was that particular about his food he should cook it himself...

Yeah, he's got this "I am so great, the whole world revolves around me" attitude all the time. I turned straight round to him and said "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was cooking for just you." Father-in-law gave him a rollocking, so all was well.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 22:10 »
^ Don't you love it when a person with that big of an ego takes a tumble, Milsap?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 22:31 »
Children. I hate them. I hate them and I hate their "parents" who think that PET SHOP = CRECHE AND DROP OFF/PICK UP POINT.
The ones screaming and running around in restaurants are the worst

I remember my sister and I were actually telling some kids to stop because they were pretty close to running into waitresses (with a decent amount of food).  Those kids parents yelled at us for doing that because we were parenting their children or something
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 22:38 »
But they'd be the first to kick off if/when the little dears ran head first into a waitress and ended up with a plateful of hot food over their heads. Every time I see a brat stick their fingers into a cage despite being told DON'T DO THAT I pray for them to get bitten.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 23:22 »
^ Don't you love it when a person with that big of an ego takes a tumble, Milsap?

It's okay, I guess.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2013, 18:36 »
Children who just point out obvious things are amazingly annoying.

"Hey, he has a donut!"
"Hey mister, you got a flat tyre!"
'THIS LIFT GO UPPY."

Needs more Gengar

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2013, 20:09 »
Children who just point out obvious things are amazingly annoying.

"Hey, he has a donut!"
"Hey mister, you got a flat tyre!"
'THIS LIFT GO UPPY."

I find that endearing and quite funny.

I work in retail and I'll probably mention my stories when I finally stop working there. I'm worried about the silly things in media scaring me.

Anyhow, it's the bad things that grasp your attention. 9/10 customers aren't bad.  A few make your day. There's always the one customer that makes you smile. They're really polite and when you're on the tills are good to have a conversation. Some of the things that come up, I've had customers ask "You out tonight drinking with your friends," which if I bought up would have been deemed inappropriate by your company. (unless bar/club or whatever)

However, it's the bad ones that cause a massive fuss that grab our attentions. There's the niggly little things like you're carrying boxes and someone stops you or you're with another customer, but the big shouting wars grab literally everyone in the store's attention. Which is like "dude, calm down. look at the size of what you're buying and the price, now look at the fuss"

What I really don't like is business' views on how they should tolerate customers. Niggly little things are ok, you should be polite and put up with it. If it's a massive sofa you're carrying, go get another member of staff. But then there are the rude pieces of poo. Who companies should have some kind of authority about. "lol no. you're not getting discount you cheeky little fishbob."

Customers need to accept the fact people can be new and can make mistakes. Most things go smoothly and some people are accepting. Also business's need to stop being the customers little female poodle. You want something from us and we want want something from you. It's called negotiation. CEO's should know they're rich and losing even a £100 order is like dust on the top of their wardrobe.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2013, 21:07 »
Stupid question of the day:

Customer: I got this puppy and the woman I got it from gave me some powdered milk and said I should measure out 100ml. How do I do that??
Me: Is it Lactol or something? The powdered milk is that way *points* so there's probably a guide on the packaging. I'm afraid I can't really tell you off the top of my head!
C: I don't know what it is, she just gave me it in a wee plastic bag.
M: ...

Look missus, it could be crack cocaine she's given you. How the hell are we supposed to help you with something when you don't even know what the product is you're using!

Oh and the amorphous blob of a woman and her stupid inbred offspring and the bearded dragon they managed to KILL within half an hour of getting the poor thing. We don't tell you to NOT HOUSE UNFAMILIAR ANIMALS TOGETHER OR THEY WILL KILL EACH OTHER because we like the sound of our own voices.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 00:24 »
Oh and the amorphous blob of a woman and her stupid inbred offspring and the bearded dragon they managed to KILL within half an hour of getting the poor thing. We don't tell you to NOT HOUSE UNFAMILIAR ANIMALS TOGETHER OR THEY WILL KILL EACH OTHER because we like the sound of our own voices.

Holy crap. My parents forgot to feed my bearded dragon for like 4 days and when i came home he looked the same as when i left, hahaha. and i got mine from a place who thought 30 minutes in the sun per day was good basking and fed it pellets and and freeze dried worm... you really have to be STUPID to kill one.