Author Topic: Everyday Accomplishments  (Read 181126 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday Accomplishments
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2015, 11:52 »
in Law we have to write 4 essays in an hour and a half exam, it's horrific xD

I'm sure medical school isn't a bed of roses either. I've also found something worse....research and citations.

Speaking of which, I did all the research I needed for one paper last night in the middle of the night and still managed to get enough sleep to function. ^.^
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2015, 21:33 »
 Downloaded the Destiny demo and it's really good  ^.^ A lot of people slag it off but I went in with 0 expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. Although I enjoyed the titan class most of all, I'm struggling to enjoy the hunter class and the warlock class will be the same... I just like hitting things with my fists.

I'll set up my student finance tomorrow and I'll have to make my choices then go on to secure accommodation. Fortunately, it's an unwritten practice for my university of choice to show favour to those from nearby... especially considering that my friend needed a B and got in with a D.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2015, 22:17 »
Downloaded the Destiny demo and it's really good  ^.^ A lot of people slag it off but I went in with 0 expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. Although I enjoyed the titan class most of all, I'm struggling to enjoy the hunter class and the warlock class will be the same... I just like hitting things with my fists.

I'll set up my student finance tomorrow and I'll have to make my choices then go on to secure accommodation. Fortunately, it's an unwritten practice for my university of choice to show favour to those from nearby... especially considering that my friend needed a B and got in with a D.

It's not a local thing, I mean I went to a Uni about 100+ miles away and got in without hitting the grades, as long as your application is good you'll be fine

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54 »
Today I studied for my statistics finals for 5 hours and walked out alive and that right there is a miracle.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2015, 02:11 »
During the dress rehearsal for a dance show, two of the dances I'm in (the only two, actually) are only three dances apart, so we need a quick change. It wouldn't be so bad, I mean, I've done quick changes with only one dance in between, except:
1. there is no quick change room this year, so we have to change back stage where anyone can see us.
2. the costume has a wig.
3. the wig is short and difficult to put on even if you have had experience with wigs.
4. the only ones with any experience with wigs before are me and one of my friends; everyone else thought you could just pin your hair up and put it on without any pins to hold it in place.
5. there is no mirror back stage.
6. I suck at helping people with wigs.

All of this was do to poor planning by the director (except the fact that almost no one there knew how to put a wig on properly and that I suck at helping people, of course). So when the inevitable happened and they either look awful or fell off, the director got mad at us for not doing a good enough job putting them on.

The accomplishment here was that I didn't jump off the stage, run up to where she was sitting, and claw her eyes out.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2015, 21:01 »
It's not a local thing, I mean I went to a Uni about 100+ miles away and got in without hitting the grades, as long as your application is good you'll be fine

OMG THANK YOU!

I was honestly spilling my spaghetti worrying about the grades. I think that they only gave me a spot because of how enthusiastic I sounded in my personal statement. I even have BGU sending me freebies D:

That honestly made me feel so much better about uni  ^.^

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2015, 08:55 »
OMG THANK YOU!

I was honestly spilling my spaghetti worrying about the grades. I think that they only gave me a spot because of how enthusiastic I sounded in my personal statement. I even have BGU sending me freebies D:

That honestly made me feel so much better about uni  ^.^

If you've already got an offer it's very difficult for them to pull out if you don't the grades (unless it's one of the elite Unis), it helps I needed BBB to get in and only got BCD so ^^;

If you're doing the course you want to at A Level / College then the main thing would be showing your talent in that field too =]

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40 »
Had a brain wave and found my 'missing' wallet.

At least the nice people at Asda offered to check security footage of last night to see if I had dropped it on the way out.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2015, 17:36 »
If you've already got an offer it's very difficult for them to pull out if you don't the grades (unless it's one of the elite Unis), it helps I needed BBB to get in and only got BCD so ^^;

If you're doing the course you want to at A Level / College then the main thing would be showing your talent in that field too =]

Awh, I need a BBB for my local university too ^.^

I want to do Psychology but the closest thing I'm studying is Sociology but I've already attended an applicant day so I'm hoping that will lean in my favour.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2015, 17:50 »
Awh, I need a BBB for my local university too ^.^

I want to do Psychology but the closest thing I'm studying is Sociology but I've already attended an applicant day so I'm hoping that will lean in my favour.

I have no idea if that helps, I didn't go to any applicant days, only a few Unis during my school days / 6th Form days

Psychology seems really interesting so best of luck with that! \o/

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2015, 18:58 »
well i'm applying for video game design at uni (same one i'm going to now) bc i know i'm gonna fail geography. I just gotta tell my parents 8I any idea how? :u

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2015, 19:11 »
well i'm applying for video game design at uni (same one i'm going to now) bc i know i'm gonna fail geography. I just gotta tell my parents 8I any idea how? :u
say you don't enjoy it anymore so you're transferring to another course instead? Or just tell them straight up if you think they won't go too mad.

I have work and stuff due for 9am tomorrow and so far I've not managed to cry with stress!!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2015, 19:31 »
good lord i only have 2 days of lessons left at my school forever

tbh i think it's an achievement that i haven't kicked off in a lesson and shouted back at a teacher in these 5 years bc yes i have come pretty close and yes i have cried multiple times but at least i haven't ever *caused a scene* with my feelings because we all know that when you think teachers are wrong you just need to sit there and let them shout that you're all pathetic just like good little girls do!!!!

ok so maybe i regret never yelling back when my teachers lost it.

thanks gl <3

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2015, 20:15 »

Pretty much tell your parents you don't feel confident in your abilities in Geography and you'd feel more comfortable doing video game design instead. If it's what you really want to do then they should be supportive of it ^^;

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2015, 00:41 »
 I've just finished my essay for RS.

It ended with me comparing the Five Precepts with the Ten Commandments... I got about three pages out of it by comparing each of the precepts and commandments with each other.

I'm completely exhausted but I feel as if I ended the essay at a good point.