Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380479 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2015, 17:29 »
 I'm deaf in one ear lol. Well, I woke up today and it's blocked? It's really annoying and I can't fix it. This also pushed me towards staying home for my only lecture today because I'll be missing everything and the slides go past so quickly. Also, if it's intelligence it'll just be a bunch of diagrams rather than things to copy down.

So I've got Adele's 'Hello' on full blast in one eardrum in the hopes that the chorus unclogs my ear.

Pantera couldn't help and neither could Lamb of God, Rammstein (although good) did nothing and Carnifex seems to be doing very little.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 17:45 by umbreon#100 »

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 06, 2015, 18:44 »
I couldn't sleep after reading an article. That's my first world problem: losing sleep out of pure unadultered rage.

Read an article about a woman who refused to provide medical care for her 3 kids with whooping cough for 150 days- all because she wanted to find a 'natural' remedy.

I want to wring this woman's neck?? If a few weeks of whooping cough can give someone permanent lung damage, how broken are those poor children's lungs? How brittle are their ribs now? Their throats must be raw from all of the throwing up and fits of coughing! And this woman ACTIVELY REFUSED them medical care??? For one HUNDRED and FIFTY days??? And in this article, with direct quotes from this woman's blog, all she could think about was "how nobody believed in her".

Unacceptable. She should not have custody over those kids. Refusing medical care is abuse! These kids were barely 10, too! They didn't have the knowledge or the power to refuse their mother's idiocy and seek help for themselves! Their opinion on the matter wasn't taken, and no consent was given- they were forced to suffer.

It makes me SO MAD. SO. MAD.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 18:54 by ShiraBliss »
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 07, 2015, 03:38 »
a lot of my friends are super douchey at times

like they're my friends because they're usually really cool but sometimes ?!?!?!!??!?!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #933 on: November 07, 2015, 18:30 »
like so the doctor at the hospital thought my symptoms (heart tachycardia, dizziness, confusion, etc) were to do with being dehydrated. despite the fact i said it'd been happening for approximately 7/8 years now. i think if i was dehydrated to 8 years, i would've been in hospital by now? like... why

also i was cleaning my glasses and the leg fell off and my first thought was "same"

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 07, 2015, 22:07 »
 Went into town to search for gym shirts and since Sports Direct had a 2 for £5 offer for ages I checked them first but nah. They've upped it to 2 for £7 or 3 for £10... so I bought an umbrella instead which was hella awkward since it wasn't raining and it was huge.

Also, I keep meaning to read these books but then I find myself dicking around online and it's annoying because I bought a book called "Bees" (it looks hilarious) and it's from the narrative of a bee and they talk and at one point one bee snarls at another and it's ridiculous. Still haven't opened it!

Also need to book an eye test and I've had an offer from another opticians and I can't go to SpecSavers because a girl I used to date is there and I played text roulette with her and... nah.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #935 on: November 07, 2015, 22:15 »
Had my first 8hr shift in my new store and yes I was slightly hungover but nothing unbareable! Anyway from the minute I stepped in to the department there was a stream of customers. Had so many irritating ones
'oh that meat looks too dry can you open a new one for me' *has to open whole new joint of meat for 4 slices*
'can I have 2 pounds of gammon?' *watches me slice it* 'oh sorry I meant in money haha silly me!'
I wish I was still in the bakery I hate the deli, it's awful. I still feel very out of my depth and because I was in my old store for a year the managers seem to think I should know stuff but I wasn't trained on this department?? at least the staff are nice though! honestly if it wasn't for the fact I love my old store I'd have quit by now

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 08, 2015, 15:06 »
i'm listening to a gr8 song but the audio is bad so i only have it in one ear and it's pretty sad lmao

thanks gl <3

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #937 on: November 08, 2015, 18:38 »
nearly fainted and all i was doing was walking up the stairs :')

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 08, 2015, 19:47 »
Malwarebytes is bugging out!

It keeps saying that skype is connecting to a suspicious IP address or something.

Malicious Website Protection, IP, 213.55.85.89, 45176, Inbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe

Anyone got any idea what this could be?

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 08, 2015, 20:39 »
nearly fainted and all i was doing was walking up the stairs :')

!!!!! Fainting is bad D8

Do you have the medical insurance to investigate further? Fainting is NOT GOOD, and while we barely know each other I'm still worried :c

Tachycardia is a condition, not just a symptom. If it's been happening for years, it could be the potential culprit. It's been happening for 7-8 years, right? Tachycardia has a higher chance of developing in your teens, usually around a growth spurt. Your heart rate speeds up when your body and organs grow in order to adapt, but sometimes it doesn't slow down or adapts poorly to the new size due to overactive/underactive/irregular electrical impulses.

I can talk about this all day, but you won't get a proper confirmation unless you go to a doctor.

Not like the last one, though. You need a competent doctor and I don't have any relatives in the UK.
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 08, 2015, 20:54 »
!!!!! Fainting is bad D8

Do you have the medical insurance to investigate further? Fainting is NOT GOOD, and while we barely know each other I'm still worried :c

Tachycardia is a condition, not just a symptom. If it's been happening for years, it could be the potential culprit. It's been happening for 7-8 years, right? Tachycardia has a higher chance of developing in your teens, usually around a growth spurt. Your heart rate speeds up when your body and organs grow in order to adapt, but sometimes it doesn't slow down or adapts poorly to the new size due to overactive/underactive/irregular electrical impulses.

I can talk about this all day, but you won't get a proper confirmation unless you go to a doctor.

Not like the last one, though. You need a competent doctor and I don't have any relatives in the UK.

IANAD but while we're on the Dr Internet stuff a tilt table test would identify if its dysautonomia or not, a lot of syncope events are common w/ said automnic system malfunctions
           

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #941 on: November 08, 2015, 21:17 »
!!!!! Fainting is bad D8

i have the nhs so i am all good on that front. doctor said i should try and up my salt and fluid intake (which oddly enough is a lot more difficult than it sounds lol) but like fo real if it was dehydration, i'd have had like a million kidney stones by now.

that and also my brother and mum also have tachycardiac symptoms sometimes so like is my family full of dehydrated people?? but i guess they gotta get the obvious out of the way anyway, but still... smh

also he said i should get off of codeine like pls man i have just been put on it for the pain because over the counter meds no longer work for me :(

i also saw the tachycardia happen on the heart monitor print out (cause i had one on for 24 hours) and it was a stable heartbeat then it just went freaking out upwards like a weird lump on the chart like how can one look at that and think "ah yes this person needs more water and salt"

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 08, 2015, 21:51 »
I was planning on going to sleep nearly two hours ago and instead I'm just lying here feeling incredibly nostalgic listening to the Pokémon Theme Song just thinking and reminiscing and stuff like that.

Life really is an interesting one.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 08, 2015, 22:04 »
 This year's John Lewis advert is pretty disappointing tbh.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 09, 2015, 00:45 »
Read an article about a woman who refused to provide medical care for her 3 kids with whooping cough for 150 days- all because she wanted to find a 'natural' remedy.

If you ready the torches, i'll sharpen the spears.

Came back from my church event and i'm sore all over, plus I have school tomorrow.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN