Pokémon Games > Games General

Pokémon Prism?

(1/2) > >>

SaRo|Rapidash:
Game Freak just issued a cease and desist letter on the fanmade Pokémon Prism - apparently this is highly unusual for them, and (sun moon endgame spoiler, only a Pokémon tho so if you know them all it's fine) Spoiler: showNecrozma is the Prism Pokémon and the only legend with 600 BST (ala Kyurem & Zygarde) in SM. Could Pokémon Prism be the next game?

sans the skeleton:
they did it to pokemon uranium as well. not unusual at all - they just highly dislike copyright infringement. the only thing unusual about it is that pokemon fan games are fairly uncommon these days.

and on that topic, i don't think we're actually allowed to talk about stuff like this. because it's illegal.

SaRo|Rapidash:

--- Quote from: Poison2007 on December 22, 2016, 09:28 ---they did it to pokemon uranium as well. not unusual at all - they just highly dislike copyright infringement. the only thing unusual about it is that pokemon fan games are fairly uncommon these days.

and on that topic, i don't think we're actually allowed to talk about stuff like this. because it's illegal.

--- End quote ---

Ah fair enough, the article I'd read about it being shut down said it was unsuaul for GF to acknowledge them, and given how many are out there it seemed accurate.

I thought it was just ROM hacking you couldn't talk about? This is literally just saying gf issued a cease and desist letter, it's nothing about the actual hacking nor even directing anyone to somewhere they could find out (as it's a ceased and desisted)? Apologies to the mods if even the mention of it is disallowed, but that seems ludicrous and borderline paranoid.

SirBlaziken:
If it's a third game in line with the two legends, at this point i'd take it with a grain of salt

Lord Raven:
Every VG company does stuff like this; Crimson Echoes (CT sequel for understandably disgruntled Cross haters) and Project M (because Brawl really sucked) are two major things that have left a bad taste in people's mouths, especially since the only way Square Enix could get away with winning the CE lawsuit was by releasing a DS port of Chrono Trigger that everyone despised because of what it did with Magus in the bonus boss/dungeon fight (on top of no other changes to the game aside from script).

The only exception I can think of is the creator of the Mother series wanting to play a fanmade Mother 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version