Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380593 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #945 on: November 09, 2015, 01:00 »
Halls of Residence. If you value peace and quiet just please do not go in halls of residence. I have not had a proper night's sleep since before we went to Majorca and I just want to cry.

My entire kitchen are the loveliest people on earth and, like me, value peace & quiet sometimes - like yeah, of course we like a bit of fun but past eleven on a Sunday night just isn't the time.

So the other four kitchens decided tonight would be the night for hide and seek, and I stress that we would have locked the door to our flat if we hadn't been told not to in the first week because of fire safety issues. Anyway this late night hide and seek involved running through our kitchen and making (for no apparent reason) tons of noise.

At first we politely asked them not to - since none of us were playing and we are all up before 8 tomorrow, but they didn't stop coming through?? So we asked them again and it seems that now they're just making noise to spite us all and it's plain rude. Anyway I've still got hope that they'll all drop out and maybe then I can actually sleep?

Although that's a long shot because I have real trouble sleeping here and most nights I'm awake until 4/5 not even doing anything. I just can't sleep. I'm so tired I don't even care if they decide a good course of action is to egg my windows - at least they'll be able to catch that on CCTV and maybe they'll get thrown out of halls.

I didn't ask to be in halls I just didn't really have a choice and now I have to put up with all their crap -.-

Don't waste your maintenance loan on halls. No matter what. The people are just as bad as the buildings (which are pretty terrible)
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 09, 2015, 03:15 »
^ No RAs or Public Safety you can rat on them to? I used to do it all the time when people played bass heavy music near my room past quiet hours. They stop making a ruckus when they get slapped with a violation. Like you deserve to be able to sleep at night haha

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #947 on: November 09, 2015, 07:12 »
hahaha just came here to post the exact same thing
don't know if it's my new flatmate or someone in another flat but waking people up by screaming (or singing???) at the back of 7 in the morning is not the best thing to do. it's nice to know you don't have classes today like some of us! I was only running on 5 hours sleep anyway at that point it's cool.
had 0 problems with noise until now besides from my flatmate I was with in our old block cleaning at 1.30am, or really loud Skype calls but thankfully she's pretty quiet even when she's been out.
I'm thinking it's the one who was in a flat herself I've not met her yet but nope she can get lost if she thinks I'm putting up with that crap!!!!
(fyi I moved from a 2 bed to a 5 bed with they other new girls and my old flatmate)

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #948 on: November 09, 2015, 08:18 »
^ No RAs or Public Safety you can rat on them to? I used to do it all the time when people played bass heavy music near my room past quiet hours. They stop making a ruckus when they get slapped with a violation. Like you deserve to be able to sleep at night haha

Whenever some moron was playing house music at 3am I used to turn up the Metallica. It stopped almost immediately.

Rule number one- If a music tech student is nearby, he will always have more volume than you.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #949 on: November 09, 2015, 08:26 »
-snip-

Halls of residence are absolutely awful. I would report all those people immediately to your warden (if you have one) or the people who look after your halls.

the way some people act when they get to uni, even now in November, is ridiculous. My halls at Bangor were party central and I can barely recall any day that my hall didn't have a party. I'm still never forgiving them for the one that started at 7pm and didn't finished til 11am. Or the time some stranger was talking to the warden outside my door and tried to open my door like... why dude

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 09, 2015, 08:57 »
the way some people act when they get to uni, even now in November,

They think it's a three year holiday/party. They'll blow all their student loan in a week and then spend the rest of the year complaining they have no money.

But will still find money to party with.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 09, 2015, 09:38 »
I have very high hopes about all of them dropping out.

Anyway, I reported them last night but we've reported them before and very little has actually happened.

Ugh I'll probably just have to sleep through the lecture today
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 09, 2015, 12:25 »
 Got on the bus to go to uni and it wasn't long until I felt sick, dizzy, and slightly disoriented. I tried waiting for the uni bus but it only got worse so I had to come home. I'll call the doctors tomorrow if it gets worse.

Lol the last time I felt like this was when I downed a bottle of vodka and even then it took two days for it to hit me.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 09, 2015, 19:11 »
This is University, you shouldn't really expect anything different. Especially first year, where for a lot of degrees it doesn't even count towards the final score. Any opportunity for fun will be taken, even if they aren't the most considerate at times.

for the genuine insomnia problem Chloe go speak with the Uni Doctor, they'll advise and maybe prescribe something to help (although you don't want to become reliant on it, so it just depends how they'll treat it)

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 09, 2015, 19:31 »
American Horror Story: Halls of Residence

Except I'm English lol

anyway the accommodation officer said she can only issue a warning if the trouble makers get caught in the act.
About the insomnia... I might give it a couple of weeks before I go to the doctors, if I can get to sleep easier then it'll be fine I guess.
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 09, 2015, 23:47 »
Whenever some moron was playing house music at 3am I used to turn up the Metallica. It stopped almost immediately.
^I approve of this

People pronouncing library as "li-berry". One of these days, someone's going to be like "dude, why were you at the library" and pronounce it that way, then I will throat punch them so hard they won't be able to talk.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 10, 2015, 04:33 »
got £7 total in me bank account and im a bit skressed about it lads

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 10, 2015, 10:11 »
People pronouncing library as "li-berry"

"Lets take the elevator"

NO! IT'S A LIFT!
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 10, 2015, 10:46 »
 I have to pop down to the doctors to pick up olive drops for my ear. I can't remember what the lady said to me so I'll pop down just after 12 because it was either after 11 or after 12 - she was dropping dates and times on me like nobodies business.

Might pick up Fallout 4 whilst I'm in town and put it away for Christmas. New Vegas had such a good collector's edition but it was also released on my birthday. Doesn't this one come with a pipboy? Wasn't it impossible to remove them without killing the wearer in Fallout 3? Idk, I never played the ones before Fallout 3 so I don't know what happens with the lore.

I remember dismembering the group of raiders in that supermarket near Megaton in Fallout 3 and because I put different limbs in different fridges around the store, it glitched out and broke the spawn. Pretty neat stuff tbh, one fridge had heads, another had legs, then arms, and then one had torsos in it. They never spawned back either lol.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 10, 2015, 13:31 »
When a random grotty-looking guy shouts across a busy road to compliment your skirt

no thank u move along i am a kept woman
surPrISE