General Category > Updates

NEW MAIN PAGE!

(1/10) > >>

Joeno:
Main page update!

Yes, if you've just gotten to the site, you might have noticed a few changes. Aside from a slight layout update (one that probably won't stand out much to most), we have also updated our main page to use a new gadget-based system.

In the past, like many other Pokemon sites, our main page mostly contained news - both Pokémon news and site updates. That's not, however, what the site does best, and doesn't focus on other parts we feel people will want to learn about when they visit us. So we changed it.

From now on, the main page will contain a number of gadgets containing basic information. Furthermore, as long as you have an account here, you can customize the gadgets - which ones show up, in which order, and to an extent, the information they will show in there. From now on, you're in control. Well, as much as we are willing to allow you, but it's more than what you get in most places!

We're adding further gadgets in the future (having only a few right now... sorry) and allow for a few more customization option. If you have any ideas, let us know... and if you want to try your own hand at some PHP coding, get in touch for the basic API and relevant technical details.

Enjoy everyone!

Matty Cahill:
Oooh, nice work here. I like it more like this; plus there's a new link to the news section now anyways I've noticed. Good job guys!

Mulholland:

--- Quote from: MellowHype on April 25, 2011, 15:32 ---Oooh, nice work here. I like it more like this; plus there's a new link to the news section now anyways I've noticed. Good job guys!

--- End quote ---

All Joeno so far. Send all your thanks his way.

He's been working on this for the last few months and I am really proud of him :)

Shaymin:
it's cool but IE doesn't like it on my computer :U

Matty Cahill:
Well good job Jeroen then! =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version