Author Topic: RU ready for LU? (LU RMT)  (Read 963 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
RU ready for LU? (LU RMT)
« on: August 29, 2013, 22:52 »
I would like to present to you all a team I threw together for the Pokemon Online equivalent to Smogon's RU tier, LU. I studied which sets, which pokemon and what teams were used in the LU metagame before I delved into making my team.

The Overview:

The Team:

@
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Rotom-C is my scarfer. Why? It offers great coverage between just two moves, decimating Kabutops, Lanturn, Moltres, Omastar, Krookodile and Scyther. Volt Switch is a great momentum builder, as it allows me to constantly switch between Scyther and Rotom-C to wear down the oppsoing team, which opens up Entei to sweep with Extremespeed. Leaf Storm is ridiculously powerful, and is a decent "QUICK, DESTROY IT!" move. Thunderbolt offers good power when I am sure Thunderbolt can finish the opponent off in a few turns. Trick gives problems to Lanturn, Sandslash and generally any other spinner or wall, stopping them from doing their job well. EV Spread is standard, max speed for speed and max S.Attack for power.

@
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Nature: Calm
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Claydol is vital, as it offers the best indirect support for Scyther: removing Stealth Rock. Rapid Spin gives Scyther a chance to take neutral hits in order to 2HKO things. It also rids my team of Spikes damage, and can prevent Ferroseed's Leech Seed from sapping my health. SR is SR, allowing me to do 50% to Moltres before even touching it and is good to help Scyther get KOs. Earthquake is STAB, to harm things like Lanturn, Entei or anything not immune or resistant to it. Ice Beam is useful in order to hit Tangrowth for 40-47% damage, and to hit stray Flying-types. EVs are there to allow it to sponge various special attacks.

@
Trait: Volt Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Lanturn is amazing. It serves as a rather bulky cleric that can dish out damage on almost everything. Scald is a great STAB attack, giving it the 30% chance to inflict a burn and thus chip damage on things like Slowking, Ferroseed, Lilligant, Manectric, Scyther and more. Camerupt and Entei don't like the move much either. Ice Beam hits Tangrowth and Druddigon for plenty of damage. Volt Switch is fantastic Electric STAB, giving me more momentum, whilst letting me switch into something to check or counter the current pokemon. The EVs are used to give Lanturn great special bulk and decent physical bulk.

@
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Ferroseed is very useful, as it has so much use in checking most physical sweepers lacking a fire move for coverage and for certain special attackers. Spikes is very good for damaging Slowking, Tangrowth, Spinners and more for decent damage. Combine this with Stealth Rock, which is great for hurting Moltres and Scyther significantly. Leech Seed is my only way to recover health, and is good to harm Fire-types. Gyro Ball is my way around Sap Sipper pokemon like Bouffalant. It is a good tool against fast pokemon with boosts, like Weak Armor Kabutops. EVs and nature are standard fare, giving it a huge defense stat after the Eviolite boost.

@
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extremespeed
- Sleep Talk

Entei...thrust into the throes of obscurity by its' brethren...Suicune, Raikou, Zapdos...but in LU, it takes on the tier with a powerful STAB fire attack from an event that forces it into being shiny with an Adamant nature. Flare Blitz is strong STAB that dents everything bar bulky waters and some Fire-types. Stone Edge is strong, doing 65-70% to Kabutops on the switchin. Extremespeed is great, bypassing Sucker Punch from Hitmonlee/chan and is powerful enough to sweep teams when they have been sufficiently weakened. Sleep Talk is to go up against Lilligant's Sleep Powder, whilst still being useful and being able to KO it. EVs? No explanation needed.

Lastly:

Trait: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack

Scyther is a beast. It sweeps teams with Quick Attack, ravages Steel-types with Brick Break, hits hard with Aerial Ace and smashes things with U-turn.
U-turn is the finishing touch to the VoltTurn strategy my team employs to great effect. It smashes Tangrowth, Slowking, Kabutops, Rotom-C and many other things for large damage, and synergises with Lanturn and Mowtom. Aerial Ace is very powerful, knocking powerful attackers and walls out of the skies (teehee), and hits 90 BP before STAB thanks to Technician. Brick Break hits Aggron for large damage, but it is rarely used. Quick Attack is powerful, and gives me sweeping power and revenge killing power. EVs? Bogstandard.

Thanks for reading, i'll mention threats to my team soon as it's late now.

My team has peaked at #62 on the PO LU ladder, which is a huge achievement for me. I am really proud of it, but if I need improvements, please suggest them for me!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:58 by Spriter SR|XL »